UPenn Post Bacc Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for any of the guys who has sent an acceptance reply back to UPenn for the SSP, have you heard anything back from them, I sent mine in early last week, and i'm still waiting to here something.

Members don't see this ad.

for any of the guys who has sent an acceptance reply back to UPenn for the SSP, have you heard anything back from them, I sent mine in early last week, and i'm still waiting to here something.

I It took a week or so to receive a packet that had the actual acceptance letter and list of fall classes. It probably took close to a week and a half to two weeks to receive my actual penn I.D. and Pennkey letter. After meeting with my advisor, I also received other information regarding the linkages, preliminary schedules, my program outline as well as volunteering opportunities in the area.

Still waiting here, I sent the acceptance reply back almost a month ago... But then again, I'm currently living out of the country, so that might explain some of the delay... Too bad there wasn't an email option :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got student info email about a week ago, so prob another week until I get my PennKey.

Ali - did you have to go to Philly for the meeting? plus you called Sally Cardy right? I tried emailing her yesterday so if i havent heard towards the end of the week ill call her

I got student info email about a week ago, so prob another week until I get my PennKey.

Ali - did you have to go to Philly for the meeting? plus you called Sally Cardy right? I tried emailing her yesterday so if i havent heard towards the end of the week ill call her

robflanker,

Could you please share with me how much of an improvement in GPA the UPenn SSP can provide for you? For example for me, if I come in with a 3.3overall/3.15science I can improve to a 3.4overall/3.3 science if I get a 3.9+ GPA in the SSP program, with 28 credits or so. So if you get a 3.9+ in the program could you gave a 3.5+ gpa?

To anyone else,

Please answer the same questions. I think that since I have so many credits already that I really can't increase my GPA that much. Is anyone else going in with the same situation. Is it advised I do a SMP instead of the SSP because I can only potentially raise my GPA to 3.4 overall 3.35 Science?

Thanks

Last edited:
HWPO - yes I could for both science and cumulative

I say you should do an SMP because even if you rocked the SSP you can't break 3.5, and a 3.4 is a long shot. Depending on your time frame, you could do both - do the one year SSP, and then go to an SMP. That way you'd potentially have a 3.4 GPA, and then a 3.7+ GPA in SMP. I think your UG GPA is the thing thats going to hold you back the most.

*edit - HWPO, using the math RoadRunner referred to on the previous page where 1CU = 3, you want 28 credits - you'd need 9 1cu-classes at SSP. So that'd be 4 a semester, and one over the summer or you could load a semester up. Just wanted to throw it out there as it might affect potential GPA calculations*

Last edited by a moderator:

I called Sally Cardy and left a message for her. She called back two days later, so I imagine that she is very busy this time of year. I received a meeting the week after with my advisor. I went to the meeting because I live in South Jersey, so it is not a far hike to go to Philly for me. I think you can do a phone advisement as well because Sally asked if I was able to come in or not for the session.

Nuggles, I live about 20 minutes outside of Philly, so I get things rather quickly since I live close. I am sure your stuff is on its way.

I called Sally Cardy and left a message for her. She called back two days later, so I imagine that she is very busy this time of year. I received a meeting the week after with my advisor. I went to the meeting because I live in South Jersey, so it is not a far hike to go to Philly for me. I think you can do a phone advisement as well because Sally asked if I was able to come in or not for the session.
Thank you ali! Any problems with getting the classes you wanted? and what did you sign up for? oh and are you SSP or Pre-health?

Thank you ali! Any problems with getting the classes you wanted? and what did you sign up for? oh and are you SSP or Pre-health?

I am a pre-health student entering in the Fall. I was an elementary education/Special Education/History major as an undergrad, which means that I did not take any classes that actually count towards medical school. I did not have a problem with signing up for classes, but I am taking basic Biology and chemistry in the fall. I am doing the two year program in order to make sure that I can fully understand the basic sciences as well as take some upper levels, like Clinical in EM next summer.

To anyone else,

Please answer the same questions. I think that since I have so many credits already that I really can't increase my GPA that much. Is anyone else going in with the same situation. Is it advised I do a SMP instead of the SSP because I can only potentially raise my GPA to 3.4 overall 3.35 Science?

Thanks

Raising your GPA from 3.3 to 3.4 is still going to help you a lot. You'll notice that improving your GPA from 3.3 to 3.4 yields about a 18% difference in outcomes if you're between 30-35 MCAT. (I know you love these success percentage numbers) Then again, the average person in those 0.2 range brackets is probably approximately in the middle, so you figure going from 3.3 to 3.4 is really going to improve your chances by ~10%, which is still clearly still a good improvement.

http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2008/mcatgpa-grid-3yrs-app-accpt.htm

The only real reason I would think you'd want to do SSP instead of a SMP is because you haven't taken the MCAT and the SMP courses don't really prepare you for it.

Nuggles, I live about 20 minutes outside of Philly, so I get things rather quickly since I live close. I am sure your stuff is on its way.

I checked with the LPS and they've confirmed that the advisor meetings can take place over the phone.

And thanks ali, I'm hoping the stuff arrives soon too! Did the package just include the Pennkey? Or was there anything else in particular that was important? Thanks!

I checked with the LPS and they've confirmed that the advisor meetings can take place over the phone.

And thanks ali, I'm hoping the stuff arrives soon too! Did the package just include the Pennkey? Or was there anything else in particular that was important? Thanks!

The first package was the acceptance letter that was online, which is how I found out I was accepted, as well as a course listing for 2009. The Pennkey thing was a letter that had your i.d. and preliminary pennkey, which you will change online.

After meeting with an advisor, I was given a preliminary course guide for my time at Penn. I also received a folder at the meeting that had volunteer listings in philly along with the the linkage stuff (request from, deadlines, criteria, etc.) It also had a timeline of what you should do throughout the program, i.e. when and who to collect LORs from. All of this info is also in the current student section online too. So if you do not go in person don't worry, once you have your Pennkey, you can see the linkages and such.

Raising your GPA from 3.3 to 3.4 is still going to help you a lot. You'll notice that improving your GPA from 3.3 to 3.4 yields about a 18% difference in outcomes if you're between 30-35 MCAT. (I know you love these success percentage numbers) Then again, the average person in those 0.2 range brackets is probably approximately in the middle, so you figure going from 3.3 to 3.4 is really going to improve your chances by ~10%, which is still clearly still a good improvement.

http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2008/mcatgpa-grid-3yrs-app-accpt.htm

The only real reason I would think you'd want to do SSP instead of a SMP is because you haven't taken the MCAT and the SMP courses don't really prepare you for it.

DRizz,

Yeah I posted that AAMC chart on the forum, but thanks tho :laugh:. I use numbers in support of everything drizzster, not the sole means, but you can assume what you like. The UPenn education will prob boost me up to the next tier IMO.

I also disagree that an SMP is hands down the right decision for me. Everyone at UPenn SSP believes that if you are accepted into the program then no matter what they believe you have a good chance of matriculating into medical school. YOU ARE MISSING THIS FACT. You must remember they evaluate your application for both entrance into the SSP and potential success at the program to get into medical school, which they believe you have a greater than 50% chance of getting in. You are the one drizz that is focusing on the numbers of 3.4 and 3.35 science of what I may potentially have and not taking into account what UPenn SSP has seen in my application, like upward trends of 3.7GPA over my last 75 credits, ECs, family health reasons for 2 semester I performed poorly, etc. So I would reconsider before hands down voting for SMP over SSP. Again you may think BU SMP is better off for me, but ultimately you are not on the admissions committees and have the experience needed for such views, even if it just your opinion. I guess I would just like to hear from you that they are both good options haha instead of coming out in favor of one over the other. You have to remember that the success numbers, which you love so much, are pretty equal between the BU MAMS and UPenn SSP. Also you so kindly gave back this link http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2008/mcatgpa-grid-3yrs-app-accpt.htm. If you understand it, you would see that, I have a reasonable chance without the UPenn name, saying I get a 3.4 and 32-34 MCAT. Now add the UPenn program and name, and you are honestly telling me that hands down BU MAMS over SSP? Again I need to clarify that numbers aren't everything like you may think I believe, but UPenn SSP admits only those with stellar applications as a whole in the first place. They do not want to ruin the reputation of the program by admitting people who they think will ultimately not get into med school. Also it is not something where the admissions at SSP will tell me anything so that I accept the offer because money is definitely not everything to UPenn, especially being that the SSP is at reduced tuition compared to other colleges in UPenn.

Lastly I am not downright in favor of UPenn over BU MAMS. I think they are both tremendous programs and am still on the fence, but if I had the opportunity to save 35K+, have the OPPORTUNITY of linkage in 1 year(RWJSM) over 2 years (like BU), have pretty similar success rates of programs, have similar research/clinical opportunities, and attend classes/get education at an Ivy league school (with top 5 medical school and faculty, and yes I know I will not get into UPenn SOM haha), then I think UPenn should get the edge IMO

Downsides of UPenn over BU is that do not take med school classes so can compare, and no degree (but ultimately it is not important anyways)

Please tell me others agree?!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The first package was the acceptance letter that was online, which is how I found out I was accepted, as well as a course listing for 2009. The Pennkey thing was a letter that had your i.d. and preliminary pennkey, which you will change online.

After meeting with an advisor, I was given a preliminary course guide for my time at Penn. I also received a folder at the meeting that had volunteer listings in philly along with the the linkage stuff (request from, deadlines, criteria, etc.) It also had a timeline of what you should do throughout the program, i.e. when and who to collect LORs from. All of this info is also in the current student section online too. So if you do not go in person don't worry, once you have your Pennkey, you can see the linkages and such.

Thanks ali!

DRizz,

Yeah I posted that AAMC chart on the forum, but thanks tho :laugh:. I use numbers in support of everything drizzster, not the sole means, but you can assume what you like. The UPenn education will prob boost me up to the next tier IMO.

I also disagree that an SMP is hands down the right decision for me. Everyone at UPenn SSP believes that if you are accepted into the program then no matter what they believe you have a good chance of matriculating into medical school. YOU ARE MISSING THIS FACT. You must remember they evaluate your application for both entrance into the SSP and potential success at the program to get into medical school, which they believe you have a greater than 50% chance of getting in. You are the one drizz that is focusing on the numbers of 3.4 and 3.35 science of what I may potentially have and not taking into account what UPenn SSP has seen in my application, like upward trends of 3.7GPA over my last 75 credits, ECs, family health reasons for 2 semester I performed poorly, etc. So I would reconsider before hands down voting for SMP over SSP. Again you may think BU SMP is better off for me, but ultimately you are not on the admissions committees and have the experience needed for such views, even if it just your opinion. I guess I would just like to hear from you that they are both good options haha instead of coming out in favor of one over the other. You have to remember that the success numbers, which you love so much, are pretty equal between the BU MAMS and UPenn SSP. Also you so kindly gave back this link http://www.aamc.org/data/facts/2008/mcatgpa-grid-3yrs-app-accpt.htm. If you understand it, you would see that, I have a reasonable chance without the UPenn name, saying I get a 3.4 and 32-34 MCAT. Now add the UPenn program and name, and you are honestly telling me that hands down BU MAMS over SSP? Again I need to clarify that numbers aren't everything like you may think I believe, but UPenn SSP admits only those with stellar applications as a whole in the first place. They do not want to ruin the reputation of the program by admitting people who they think will ultimately not get into med school. Also it is not something where the admissions at SSP will tell me anything so that I accept the offer because money is definitely not everything to UPenn, especially being that the SSP is at reduced tuition compared to other colleges in UPenn.

Lastly I am not downright in favor of UPenn over BU MAMS. I think they are both tremendous programs and am still on the fence, but if I had the opportunity to save 35K+, have the OPPORTUNITY of linkage in 1 year(RWJSM) over 2 years (like BU), have pretty similar success rates of programs, have similar research/clinical opportunities, and attend classes/get education at an Ivy league school (with top 5 medical school and faculty, and yes I know I will not get into UPenn SOM haha), then I think UPenn should get the edge IMO

Downsides of UPenn over BU is that do not take med school classes so can compare, and no degree (but ultimately it is not important anyways)

Please tell me others agree?!

You can do whatever you want. All I'm telling you is that if you do well in the BU MAMS you are for all intents and purposes going to get into med school (with an acceptable, ~30 MCAT). Yes the success rate is ~85% or whatever but that includes people who did mediocre/poorly as well as people who did well. The whole premise of the better SMPs is that if you do well, you'll get in. Of course, the converse is true, and you could be ruining your chances if you do poorly. Such is life. The biggest problem as I said in my last post, is that most people doing a SMP already have a MCAT score. Since you don't, finding time to study and take it since your classes in the SMP won't prepare you for it is going to be tricky.

If you do well in SSP and do well on the MCAT, you have a good chance to get into med school, but not as high as you would if you did a SMP. The biggest reason for you to do this program is because it makes it easier to take the MCAT. Linkage programs aren't guarantees of acceptance. Even at top notch programs like Scripps where everyone gets into med school, people try to link to programs and don't, even though they meet the minimum requirements for linkage. Two people on my class tried to link to Pitt and weren't able to, and had to apply open pool. They are both in good med schools now but linkage certainly isn't a guarantee.

If you do well in SSP and do well on the MCAT, you have a good chance to get into med school, but not as high as you would if you did a SMP. The biggest reason for you to do this program is because it makes it easier to take the MCAT. Linkage programs aren't guarantees of acceptance. Even at top notch programs like Scripps where everyone gets into med school, people try to link to programs and don't, even though they meet the minimum requirements for linkage. Two people on my class tried to link to Pitt and weren't able to, and had to apply open pool. They are both in good med schools now but linkage certainly isn't a guarantee.

You should read my post first because if you did I said the "opportunity"
to link. I even capitalized it too:laugh:. Do you know what opportunity means seriously?

you guys ought to just start a SMP vs SSP thread and go at it in there

You should read my post first because if you did I said the "opportunity"
to link. I even capitalized it too:laugh:. Do you know what opportunity means seriously?

I saw that, my point was that it's not guaranteed or necessarily even likely that you could link even if you did well at SSP.

I saw that, my point was that it's not guaranteed or necessarily even likely that you could link even if you did well at SSP.

EXACTLY, because it is just an OPPORTUNITY not a guarantee.

That is just completely FALSE about it is not even likely to link. I think I will meet the requirements for the linkage because I am a hard worker. 2 years ago 3 people applied for the linkage and 2 got into RWJMS. This past year 8 people applied for the linkage and 6 got in.

Yeah sure sounds like it is very unlikely :laugh: (and I am being sarcastic if you are unable to get that)

you guys ought to just start a SMP vs SSP thread and go at it in there

Many of this information applies here so I think I will stay here. You don't have to read our posts if you don't like our bickering. But that is a good idea SMP vs SSP thread, thanks.

EXACTLY, because it is just an OPPORTUNITY not a guarantee.

That is just completely FALSE about it is not even likely to link. I think I will meet the requirements for the linkage because I am a hard worker. 2 years ago 3 people applied for the linkage and 2 got into RWJMS. This past year 8 people applied for the linkage and 6 got in.

Yeah sure sounds like it is very unlikely :laugh: (and I am being sarcastic if you are unable to get that)

That sounds like a pretty good situation given the circumstances. What you need to find out is when you have to apply to the program, when you get interviewed/gain conditional acceptance, etc. For some pre-health linkages (i.e. many different schools to GW), they interview in the fall (Sep/Oct) and receive conditional acceptance pending their grades and MCAT meeting the requirements. Some schools, however, (for example, Pitt) delays the interview/conditional acceptance deep into spring, and it makes it difficult to get everything set up if you haven't taken the MCAT because you'll have to rush to put together an open pool application if you end up not getting in.

Many of this information applies here so I think I will stay here. You don't have to read our posts if you don't like our bickering. But that is a good idea SMP vs SSP thread, thanks.

HWPO - yes some of this information does apply here, and some of it has been helpful. I appreciate your take on things and drizzt's. It has helped me think thru things.

However, unfortunately I do have to read your posts if I wish to follow this thread, and a lot of the bickering is over semantics

That sounds like a pretty good situation given the circumstances. What you need to find out is when you have to apply to the program, when you get interviewed/gain conditional acceptance, etc. For some pre-health linkages (i.e. many different schools to GW), they interview in the fall (Sep/Oct) and receive conditional acceptance pending their grades and MCAT meeting the requirements. Some schools, however, (for example, Pitt) delays the interview/conditional acceptance deep into spring, and it makes it difficult to get everything set up if you haven't taken the MCAT because you'll have to rush to put together an open pool application if you end up not getting in.

I will taking the MCAT this August before the SSP program begins. I have been scoring 27-31 (evenly distributed) on practice tests but without that much preparation. I will aprroximately have 3 months of Examkrackers studying, starting next week, which should boost me up ~4+ points.

HWPO - yes some of this information does apply here, and some of it has been helpful. I appreciate your take on things and drizzt's. It has helped me think thru things.

However, unfortunately I do have to read your posts if I wish to follow this thread, and a lot of the bickering is over semantics

Well skip over my posts because I really don't want to take this to another place because I believe it is pertinent here. I have to clarify things for the Drizzmeister sometimes because he misinterprets my posts. I am not just going to let that happen, sorry.

Well skip over my posts because I really don't want to take this to another place because I believe it is pertinent here. I have to clarify things for the Drizzmeister sometimes because he misinterprets my posts. I am not just going to let that happen, sorry.

it seems like the debate stems between you and drizz, I agree with robflanker that the posts don't need to be placed here because it's strictly a comparison between the two programs, and is based on your own personal beliefs. You could always just pm each other back and forth, instead of piling up all the comments on this thread, because it is kind of annoying.

i just got an acceptance to my email, so I'll be waiting for my PennKey material to come in. Who here is definitely going to Upenn SSP?

it seems like the debate stems between you and drizz, I agree with robflanker that the posts don't need to be placed here because it's strictly a comparison between the two programs, and is based on your own personal beliefs. You could always just pm each other back and forth, instead of piling up all the comments on this thread, because it is kind of annoying.

Sorry for posting about UPenn SSP and BU under UPenn SSP only. I was only responding to Drizz and then it got out of hand because I had to clarify things he was misinterpreting on my part. In the future I will take it to another thread so you can focus solely on UPenn.

Last edited:

i just got an acceptance to my email, so I'll be waiting for my PennKey material to come in. Who here is definitely going to Upenn SSP?

As someone who just began posting on SDN the information drizzt and hwpo have posted is actually very helpful to me. HWPO is right in saying you do not have to read everything they post.

As someone who just began posting on SDN the information drizzt and hwpo have posted is actually very helpful to me. HWPO is right in saying you do not have to read everything they post.

I'm sure a lengthy comparison between the two programs can and will be helpful to you, I don't see how it should have a place within this thread. This thread was meant to open discussion regarding the UPenn program, not to start a firestorm of discussion comparing it between two individuals. I think these posts take the focus away from students who will/might be going to the program, and who want to learn more about it from others, and past students. If you want a play by play comparison between any programs, start it in another thread, not here. I post on this thread because I would like to meet other students who may be going to UPenn in the fall, why should those who aren't interested in the other program be subjected to constant banter, specifically by hwpo.

I'm sure a lengthy comparison between the two programs can and will be helpful to you, I don't see how it should have a place within this thread. This thread was meant to open discussion regarding the UPenn program, not to start a firestorm of discussion comparing it between two individuals. I think these posts take the focus away from students who will/might be going to the program, and who want to learn more about it from others, and past students. If you want a play by play comparison between any programs, start it in another thread, not here. I post on this thread because I would like to meet other students who may be going to UPenn in the fall, why should those who aren't interested in the other program be subjected to constant banter, specifically by hwpo.

OK, but a lot of the information posted by hwpo was specific to UPenn and very helpful, I only read a little about the other program. The comparison between the Special science program and the other program prob helps to serve as comparison between the SSP and a SMP, which for many looking at this thread is important. Just because you do not find it helpful does not mean everyone does not find it helpful. I don't think you should monopolize the thread, which is open to the public. If they were discussing something completely offhand then you may have a point but it did deal with this thread topic of "UPenn Post Bacc Program" and again it is helpful to me and many others most likely. If you want to focus only on the things you were speaking of then create a thread with a more specific title other than the generality of this one, because to me if it speaks of UPenn post-bacc then it can be here.

While I think a comparison of SSP to a SMP could potentially be useful for some people, I won't be replying to any more replies to it in this thread because I think the topic has been sufficiently discussed. If anyone has any questions for me regarding postbacs or any other topic they can feel free to PM me.

To those of you who weren't interested in our discussion, I'm sorry for disrupting your thread.

hi, i was told that if you're a senior in college, you can't apply til you get your bachelor's degree? but seems like a lot of ppl got in already
i waited til now-bcuz of that... was i misinformed?

Yah i'd say so. You can't enroll till you've got a bachelors but certainly you can apply whilst a senior

hi, i was told that if you're a senior in college, you can't apply til you get your bachelor's degree? but seems like a lot of ppl got in already
i waited til now-bcuz of that... was i misinformed?

If you still want to apply, I believe that they are still accepting applications for this Fall. I think the Fall deadline is July 15th according to the Penn site. If you are Special Sciences, the site mentions a spring entrance deadline for December 1st. So you still have time if you want to apply!!

Anyone have any thoughts on housing? Roadrunner said to not use UCH but they're the only people i've found with decent looking places in the right price range.

also while I remember, does anyone know if there any immuno forms or health-related stuff we need to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people typically apply to the SSP program and how many get accepted?

Are we talking 200 applications or like 600+? Rough approximations are good.

I believe we need to be up-to-date with several immunizations. The form is at: http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/shs/immunization.php.

Apart from selecting courses, and filling in this form, are there any other things we must do before school starts? Thanks!

I think you have to get a Penn Card, too. If you have health insurance under another plan, you may have to fill out the health insurance waiver.

Hi, I just graduated from a top 15 college, and am working on applications-
i sent in my transcript, requested LORs, but still working on my resume/essays (yea i'm wayyyy behind)

and i have some Qs for those who got into the program. this is the only school i'm applying to, so i'm a bit nervous.

how much volunteer/shadowing experience did u guys have prior to applying?
my gpa stats are pretty low: science:3.22/ overall 3.37. :(
i took a total of 102 credit hours of science classes UG.

i have volunteer/research experiences here and there and also a bit of shadowing- but i'm not getting a recommendation from my research PIs.

fyi, i'm predental. do i have a shot?? I feel like i need to submit it asap- but yea..i'm like 500steps behind :p it's been hectic. graduation/moving in and out..how much time did you guys spend on the app itself?? thanks for your help!!

I had over 1000hrs of volunteering in 2008 if it helps but your GPA is right around most people that apply I think

I applied with similar numbers.

I did a good amount of volunteer work but I didn't keep track of the total hours because volunteering is not about counting the hours but counting the difference you make.

I had over 1000hrs of volunteering in 2008 if it helps but your GPA is right around most people that apply I think

what type of volunteer work did you to come out to about 3 hours a day in 2008?

what type of volunteer work did you to come out to about 3 hours a day in 2008?

Its irrelevant. Its the difference one makes that counts remember?

Its only because its tracked by the organization that I know the number

Its irrelevant. Its the difference one makes that counts remember?

Its only because its tracked by the organization that I know the number

Ok? Just curious what you did :rolleyes:

Hi, I just graduated from a top 15 college, and am working on applications-
i sent in my transcript, requested LORs, but still working on my resume/essays (yea i'm wayyyy behind)

and i have some Qs for those who got into the program. this is the only school i'm applying to, so i'm a bit nervous.

how much volunteer/shadowing experience did u guys have prior to applying?
my gpa stats are pretty low: science:3.22/ overall 3.37. :(
i took a total of 102 credit hours of science classes UG.

i have volunteer/research experiences here and there and also a bit of shadowing- but i'm not getting a recommendation from my research PIs.

fyi, i'm predental. do i have a shot?? I feel like i need to submit it asap- but yea..i'm like 500steps behind :p it's been hectic. graduation/moving in and out..how much time did you guys spend on the app itself?? thanks for your help!!

I'm in the Prehealth program, so I'm not sure if this will be completely relevant to you; however, when I applied, I had about 100-200 hours of volunteering and shadowing experience.

And also, I really think you should apply to more than one school, especially when you are applying so close to the deadline (assuming you are applying for Fall '09). Having said that, I'm not too familiar with the non-career changer programs, so hopefully someone else could go into more detail here!

the non-career changer programs

--> what are some other programs that are similar to upenn ssp?
i only know of Temple ACMS - Advanced Core in Medical Sciences Program: If you want to enhance your existing science credentials for a medical or dental career
are there any other formal post bacc programs that are designed to enhance existing science credentials?

also how much time did you guys spend on your app essays??

THANKS!!!

BI - I'd look at UMDNJ, BU MAMS, uhh thats all i can think of right now. They are both SMPs

Um I spent a while coming up with a base essay and then modified it to fit the school and its requirements. I also had essays i wrote for my med school apps so I didnt spend a lot of time directly, but I had spent ages at one point

also how much time did you guys spend on your app essays??

THANKS!!!

I spent several months writing my essay, but that was only because I had a lot of trouble putting my thoughts into words at first. I went through 7 or 8 rewrites before I got to the draft that I ultimately submitted with my application. But now that I've done it once, my future essays probably wouldn't take anywhere near as long!

does anyone have anyyy info on how many seats the program has left??? also, on the website, sampling course schedule link didn't work.
anyone have info on how long this program takes? because i'm assuming there will be a gap year if this program is for 1 year.

They recommend a glide year, but one can link straight to UMDNJ-RWJ without a gap year.

No idea on seats, why not call them and ask? They might tell you