UPenn OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golf Pro

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just trying to find out more regarding the strengths and weaknesses. I've heard mixed reviews on the program

Members don't see this ad :)
What would you like to know more about the program?

Strength. The name PENN
Weakness. Its Penn as a resident.

Bump. I'd also be appreciative of a breakdown of Penn. The numbers, scope, curriculum, call, didactics, faculty, program culture, etc. Maybe Pennywisdom can shed some light?

Here are their numbers given from last year's interview. The residents are a nice group of people and attendings are nice as well. Program is very top heavy with chiefs splitting wisdom teeth cases with certain attendings. Those are the operative numbers (number of procedures) and there are 4 residents a year. This is pretty average for northeast programs. Scope is bread and butter. Most northeast programs aren't breaking OR numbers by any means compared to their counterparts in the south but people don't choose programs solely on how busy a program is - Philly is a great location with tons to do. Call is q8 I believe there are 4 residents and 4 noncats. 2.5 years of med school. The program is pretty cush but as a result you don't have as much big cases coming in. There's a tradeoff to everything!

Bump. I'd also be appreciative of a breakdown of Penn. The numbers, scope, curriculum, call, didactics, faculty, program culture, etc. Maybe Pennywisdom can shed some light?

You can refer to the OMFS Program Overview Thread and ask me any questions you have.

Reactions: 1 user
Here are their numbers given from last year's interview. The residents are a nice group of people and attendings are nice as well. Program is very top heavy with chiefs splitting wisdom teeth cases with certain attendings. Those are the operative numbers (number of procedures) and there are 4 residents a year. This is pretty average for northeast programs. Scope is bread and butter. Most northeast programs aren't breaking OR numbers by any means compared to their counterparts in the south but people don't choose programs solely on how busy a program is - Philly is a great location with tons to do. Call is q8 I believe there are 4 residents and 4 noncats. 2.5 years of med school. The program is pretty cush but as a result you don't have as much big cases coming in. There's a tradeoff to everything!

I think you forgot the attachment.

You can refer to the OMFS Program Overview Thread and ask me any questions you have.

Thanks. Very helpful.