UPENN Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
definately the invitation letter for interview:)
good luck

if that is the case even i can' wait to see one in my mail box...

even i got the same reply when i called last 2 times....:):)

Members don't see this ad.

hey akg hope we all get one in their mail box ....... but do they also call or email u n let u know ....

I also have got an interview email but I have not set up a date till now. Because I am not in my mailing address I would like to know what is stated in the package and if there is anything important in the package.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
when did u get ur interview email and when did u submited ur application ....

i think u can call upenn and ask them about the mailing package as u r out of state or town....

Finally Finally finally got an interview email..........have scheduled date as 13th of november.
Any girl willing to share accommodation pm me. so rtvj that will be my interview date 13th of november!!!!!!

congrats dent manglore ..... on getting the call and best of luck for the interview ...
when did u submitted ur application ...... i submitted a bit late in august ....so wondering

congrats dent manglore ..... on getting the call and best of luck for the interview ...
when did u submitted ur application ...... i submitted a bit late in august ....so wondering

mid august.........thanks and good luck to you too

I am so confused right now, do they call you, email you, or send you a letter in the mail ?? in regard to the interview that is..

I am so confused right now, do they call you, email you, or send you a letter in the mail ?? in regard to the interview that is..

i think they should be emailing and mailing the letter -- both so keep an eye on the Spam folder that u dont miss the email.......best of luck

Finally Finally finally got an interview email..........have scheduled date as 13th of november.
Any girl willing to share accommodation pm me. so snigdha that will be my interview date 13th of november!!!!!!

hi
could u pl share ur stats with us? thanks.good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
congralutions for all those who got interview calls. i got a letter saying that my application is complete and will be reviewed soon. what does this mean. is this a normal routine. should i call them to know the status.

congralutions for all those who got interview calls. i got a letter saying that my application is complete and will be reviewed soon. what does this mean. is this a normal routine. should i call them to know the status.

congratulations....

join the club.....:thumbup:

they are gonna take their own sweet time, and better start looking for more universities...its better safe than sorry...

good luck

Hi
can everyone who has had the interview give me an idea as to how much time does the interview take and wen will we be free?
thanks

i think we were done by 3:30-4 pm..

Hi
can everyone who has had the interview give me an idea as to how much time does the interview take and wen will we be free?
thanks

thankyou akg for ur advice. i also think that way
congratulations....

join the club.....:thumbup:

they are gonna take their own sweet time, and better start looking for more universities...its better safe than sorry...

good luck

me in the same boat ,,,,, application complete n will be reviewed soon ....

Those who are waiting for an interview or waiting for an answer from the the interview keep your hopes really high. Hard work will pay off!

I callled U penn today. Its been 48 days since my application is complete.

But they said its still under review.

Thanks tahaza rtvj monreal and darkshadow for helping me plan my trip. had the interview I dont know how it went:confused::oops:for all those who are waiting good luck and they said that they would have interviews for next two tuesdays so that means 20th and 27th if that helps.
It was great meeting everyone at upenn.........the building is awesome and they have a very well structured program........their students seemed satisfied........lot of patients.....overall it was a nice experience.

Thanks tahaza rtvj monreal and darkshadow for helping me plan my trip. had the interview I dont know how it went:confused::oops:for all those who are waiting good luck and they said that they would have interviews for next two tuesdays so that means 20th and 27th if that helps.
It was great meeting everyone at upenn.........the building is awesome and they have a very well structured program........their students seemed satisfied........lot of patients.....overall it was a nice experience.

Hey dent manglore !

I hope your interview went well.:thumbup:
How many candidates were interviewed on 13th Nov.

Hey dent manglore !

I hope your interview went well.:thumbup:
How many candidates were interviewed on 13th Nov.

thanks.....we were total of nine students 5 indians one romanian one iraninan one nigerian and one cuban

i called up U PENN office and was told that they sent a mail on this tuesday and they refused to give any information about this "suspense mail".

don't know what its gonna turn out to be

rejection / interview :scared::scared:

i called up U PENN office and was told that they sent a mail on this tuesday and they refused to give any information about this "suspense mail".

don't know what its gonna turn out to be

rejection / interview :scared::scared:

hi akg i hope its interview call fru. could u pl tell us when u applied? i applied a little late in sept mid. and still waiting 2 hear from them.hope everything goes fine.good luck.

hi akg i hope its interview call fru. could u pl tell us when u applied? i applied a little late in sept mid. and still waiting 2 hear from them.hope everything goes fine.good luck.

i applied on september 12 2007
received application complete letter on september 24 2007

hope this helps

wats ur stats. because i was also told the same thing.
[
quote=akg;5840681]i applied on september 12 2007

hope this helps[/quote]

wats ur stats. because i was also told the same thing.
[
quote=akg;5840681]i applied on september 12 2007

hope this helps
[/QUOTE]

so you were told that they mailed you on this tuesday?????

so you were told that they mailed you on this tuesday?????[/quote]
yes. can u tell me ur stats if u dont mind.

I also applied on 12 sep. Received completion on 24 Sep. I called them last week. They said they will mail a letter next week . they refused to say what they are sending ?/

Me too, "under review". Got no answer.... Hope to be something good soon. I was told they are gonna review in november also, so we can expect an interview in december. Who knows??? I still keep the hope!
Good luck to all!!!!!!
PS: hard work is gonna be rewarded!!!:thumbup:

Anyone get a rejection letter after being interviewed?
I also called Penn and they said my application is being reviewed. They also told me that I should receive an answer by mid December.

Me too, "under review". Got no answer.... Hope to be something good soon. I was told they are gonna review in november also, so we can expect an interview in december. Who knows??? I still keep the hope!
Good luck to all!!!!!!
PS: hard work is gonna be rewarded!!!:thumbup:

Guys.. keep your hopes high.. They will keep interviewing people until early December...

Guys.. keep your hopes high.. They will keep interviewing people until early December...

Congrats, on your acceptance. :thumbup:
I hope you will be comfortable and won't hesitate to share your stat at this stage of celebration.

Cheers !

Thanks Kal Ka dentist
Stats... not so impressive..
NBDE: I 86% , II 79% though they don't care about II as it is not a requirement.
GPA: 3.42
Toefl iBT: 114

remember; stats are not everything..

I don't think they don't care about Part II on the contrary that gave you a good advantage because now you are ADA certified while other candidates only took part I besides I don't know your CV but have to be impressive as you know they look at the whole package once you get the interview is all about presenting the best of you. Anyway you got accepted and UPENN is a hard school to get in and that is the only thing what counts Congratulations and enjoy be proud of yourself another step close to victory. See you in April

Thanks Kal Ka dentist
NBDE: I 86% , II 79% though they don't care about II as it is not a requirement.

Thanks, i feel that the experiences and other qualifications are also an integral part of the stat, on the basis of which candidates are selected. So, in addition to numbers those factors also play a prime role in the selection process.

Best wishes for your studies
Congrats you have made it.:thumbup:

Thanks Kal Ka dentist

hi thanks fr boosting all of us who r still waiting. if u dont mind can u also pl tell of ur home country and US experince, fresh/reapplicant and also ur nationality? thanks.hope every one succeds in their mission.

I called U penn. They said they hav 2 more interviews- 20 and 27 nov last. I donnow know if anybody else will get a call. Coz its just 1 week more.

any news anyone?does it mean all others will ve their rejections soon?:(

It's very strange.... only me got waitlisted! and NO ONE got rejection letter after being interviewed.... I really don't know if those who got nothing yet have more chance than those who waitlisted....

any news anyone?does it mean all others will ve their rejections soon?:(

It's very strange.... only me got waitlisted! and NO ONE got rejection letter after being interviewed.... I really don't know if those who got nothing yet have more chance than those who waitlisted....

Hi Lisalisa,

I am surprised, How the alternate stat works, but it is still better than nothing. I am waiting for their response too. I think last batch is on the nov 27th, after that they will let us know.:eek:

Hi Lisalisa,

I am surprised, How the alternate stat works, but it is still better than nothing. I am waiting for their response too. I think last batch is on the nov 27th, after that they will let us know.:eek:

Well, I don't think so. alternative status almost means rejection. If you do not get anything, you still have chance to get in or you are still under evaluation. If you are on waiting list, you are the last one to be considered.

Good luck

Well, I don't think so. alternative status almost means rejection. If you do not get anything, you still have chance to get in or you are still under evaluation. If you are on waiting list, you are the last one to be considered.

Good luck

I am confuse now, Alternate status & waiting list is two different things. Does your letter says clearly that you are on their waiting list or alternat status.
They should pick the student from waiting list in next cycle or when ever position opens.

I agree with darkshadow..Upenn does look at the whole package...Even if u dont have the greatest of scores..ur work experience/volunteer work... all that definitely counts.Atleast I think thats wat worked in my case.
And I think during the interview process..everyone is at the same level so its upto u to be ur best.
Good luck to everyone.....it took a month for me to get the results and the waiting was really tough... but keep the faith and everything will work out!:thumbup::thumbup:

I don't think they don't care about Part II on the contrary that gave you a good advantage because now you are ADA certified while other candidates only took part I besides I don't know your CV but have to be impressive as you know they look at the whole package once you get the interview is all about presenting the best of you. Anyway you got accepted and UPENN is a hard school to get in and that is the only thing what counts Congratulations and enjoy be proud of yourself another step close to victory. See you in April

Hi Lisalias,
I got letter yesterday, i am on alternate status. Do you mind posting ur Stats.
I don't know what is the criteria & then they don't consider in the next adm cycle, it is just for few months if some one back out from the program.
I don't know how many are on this status.

Hello everybody!
Could you explain me what's difference between waitlist and alternate status? I think waitlist is made after interview and the candidate will not be interviewed again, just put in a list in case an accepted person drops school, or other reasons.... and alternate list is a list where they put all potential candidates for an interview - it's not rejection! If this is the case, I prefer to be on an alternate list than be rejected! This is my opinion. What do you think?
Good luck to all!!!!:thumbup:

Hello everybody!
Could you explain me what's difference between waitlist and alternate status? I think waitlist is made after interview and the candidate will not be interviewed again, just put in a list in case an accepted person drops school, or other reasons.... and alternate list is a list where they put all potential candidates for an interview - it's not rejection! If this is the case, I prefer to be on an alternate list than be rejected! This is my opinion. What do you think?
Good luck to all!!!!:thumbup:

Hi, :eek:
I was on the alternate status & they put me again on the alternate status without any interview. I do not understand if it means the same [am i in wait list]. Does your letter says clearly that u are on wait list or they used the word alternate status.
Big question is do they consider in next adm cycle??????????:confused: