UPENN Interviews 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The PASS has changed this yr..till last yr..abt 200 students were called for interview and only 20-25 were selected.But this yr..they are calling only 80 students and only 25 will be selected.
So the chances r higher now then before.

Hope all this information helps.I know its stressful going to the interview but u dont have to worry at all.Just be urself!:)

rtvj, Thank you very much for sharing your experience. how do you know they call 80 students and select 25 this year? Did they tell you during the interview? I think that's why I do not get interview call:(, it seems they don't call everyone for the interview, not just like before.
emma

Members don't see this ad.

rtvj, Thank you very much for sharing your experience. how do you know they call 80 students and select 25 this year? Did they tell you during the interview? I think that's why I do not get interview call:(, it seems they don't call everyone for the interview, not just like before.
emma

yes..Ms.Cacas told us just before the interviews started.She said that interviews will go on till mid dec but they will start sending acceptances from Nov first week.

yes..Ms.Cacas told us just before the interviews started.She said that interviews will go on till mid dec but they will start sending acceptances from Nov first week.

Hi thanks for your reply. but are you sure it is "mid dec"?? the website said "till mid Nov. " and start sending aceptances from nov. If they interview 10 people each week, it will exactly be 8 weeks....and 80 candidates. ... but if it goes on till mid dec, it will be 12 weeks...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi thanks for your reply. but are you sure it is "mid dec"?? the website said "till mid Nov. " and start sending aceptances from nov. If they interview 10 people each week, it will exactly be 8 weeks....and 80 candidates. ... but if it goes on till mid dec, it will be 12 weeks...

I remember her saying it will go till mid Dec....prbly i heard her wrong..u can ask other ppl who came too...they saw 9 ppl in our batch.

yeh that's what was said - that interviews will go on till December

I remember her saying it will go till mid Dec....prbly i heard her wrong..u can ask other ppl who came too...they saw 9 ppl in our batch.

yeh that's what was said - that interviews will go on till December
how was ur interview?I hope u did well.all of u whu got interviewd do post ur experience.Highly appreciated.best f luck to all

hi shinwari,

interview was similar in pattern to UMN - 3 peoplen- like rtvj said in her post and 2 comon people - the dean and director of admissions - both were short , 3rd is a diff faculty for each person ( sumtimes 2 students are alloted to one faculty) and as ill luck wud have it - I had a little technical part in my last interview... * sigh * it all started innocently with hows it diff in homecountry and here - nd then it went on to crown prep difference and which bur - nd which finish line... well - twasnt too bad nd dont think anyone can prepare anything - but it does kinda mentally put u on a lil out of balance....

but it all ended well - jus be yourself - be confident nd do ur best...

DID U GET A CALL ?? WHENS IT?? GOOD LUCK

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to everybody who got a call from U penn,:thumbup:

Would like to know if any re applicants got an interview call or any idea when they start calling re applicants

Thanks jayshree and rtvj for the interview inputs :)

Heloo, Anyone scheduled for oct 9th?

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to everybody who got a call from U penn,:thumbup:

Would like to know if any re applicants got an interview call or any idea when they start calling re applicants

Thanks jayshree and rtvj for the interview inputs :)

iam a reapplicant 2 upenn and waiting 2 hear from the. i applied around mid of sept. when did u apply? did u get any completion mail. i jus got a mail stating required documents which i already send 10 days ago. still no response from them .............hoping fr the best to all...

Hi,

I called and scheduled my interview on Oct. 16th. today. What strange is only two options, either Oct. 16 or after Nov.6! Yes, I confirm that the interview will go on till Dec(not Nov as the website said). It seems Upenn does not change policy. I mean it is still rolling base just like before. They send out acceptence at the first week of Nov., which means there are at least 4 groups of people have not interviewed yet. I am thinking the earlier you have interview, the better the chance you have. So, just schedule your interview as soon as possible.
Anyway, does anybody get the same date interview, Oct. 16th??
thanks

Hi,

I called and scheduled my interview on Oct. 16th. today. What strange is only two options, either Oct. 16 or after Nov.6! Yes, I confirm that the interview will go on till Dec(not Nov as the website said). It seems Upenn does not change policy. I mean it is still rolling base just like before. They send out acceptence at the first week of Nov., which means there are at least 4 groups of people have not interviewed yet. I am thinking the earlier you have interview, the better the chance you have. So, just schedule your interview as soon as possible.
Anyway, does anybody get the same date interview, Oct. 16th??
thanks
Hi! I got interview packet and could come in Nov 6.
Best, Sofi

hi everyone, i got an interview on Nov. 6th. does anyone want to share a room????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi !! I also have an interview scheduled on Oct 16. hope to see u there!!!please check ur inbox too!!!

even my application is complete but no interview information from them.

Hi did anyone hear back from penn?

Would you please forward the email of Dr. Hangorski as soon as you get it to me. Thnaks

first, i am very glad to meet MONREAL and TAHAZA in u penn today...
we have 9 people today,,3 beautiful girls and 6 handsome boys..
dont eat your breakfast....
u penn provide you great breakfast and orange juice..
the director of the program chat with me for 15 minutes..
and director of admission office chat with me for 15 minutes..
and the doctor chat with me for 20 minutes..
very relax,,,no difficult questions for me..i am lucky.hahahahahah

all the questions i can remeber is as follows:
why do you come to america??
do you feel sorry to leave china?
what did you do in china as a dentist??
what is your hobbies other than dentistry??
tell me about your dental career...
what do you do as a dental assistant??
why dont you have any volunteer experience???
why is your speaking section of toefl so low???
what kind of dentist do you wanna be???
what is the main factor that affect you to choose the right place to practise dentistry???
do you have any questions???

very nice lunch too....

dont predict any questions,,,just be yourself,,be active,,be confident,,be enthusiastic....

love,

rain brother...

Could you send an e-mail to: [email protected], because your experience is very useful for me. Thanks!

any more interview calls recently?? any updates????

hi guys did anyone get calls recently???

HI,
does anyone have an idea as to when penn is mailing the results of the interviews. In nov dec or jan???

I had my interview on oct 2nd and was told then that they will start sending out acceptances in the first week of Nov.

HI,
does anyone have an idea as to when penn is mailing the results of the interviews. In nov dec or jan???

I will interview at UPenn Nov 6, anyone interested in sharing accommodation?
Sofi (a female dentist)

I had my interview on oct 2nd and was told then that they will start sending out acceptances in the first week of Nov.

Thank you. I called them and was told that it would be another 4-6 weeks before they will mail the results. But during interview we were told that results will be out during last week of oct or 1st week of nov. Hope to hear from them soon.

hey has anybody got invitation frm UPenn after 10 Oct. I am waiting,.........

Hi I have an interview scheduled on the 13th of Nov.Anybody on the same date?

hey when did u got the invitation. can u plz tell, am eagerly waiting for mine
thanks

Received an email from them this morning after which I called to schedule an interview date.The email said there are dates available on tuesdays in the month of Nov.
Good luck to u!

Received an email from them this morning after which I called to schedule an interview date.The email said there are dates available on tuesdays in the month of Nov.
Good luck to u!

hi could u pl share ur stats with us. thanks goodluck n bye

Hi chinnu96
My stats are as follows
Part 1: 93
toefl:111
GPA:3.94

cheers and Good luck to u too.

when is penn making decisions? Why are they taking soo long. Tomorrow is the first week of november, does anyone have an idea as to how they will contact. By fedex or regular mail or will they call? anyone has idea?

when is penn making decisions? Why are they taking soo long. Tomorrow is the first week of november, does anyone have an idea as to how they will contact. By fedex or regular mail or will they call? anyone has idea?

they will mail you by fedex. I called them they are reviewing applications rt now!!!!!!:scared: Mine was with the review committee wen
I called:eek:and is still under review............it takes time so many candidates they wanna select the best ones.
good luck to you
let us know if you hear anything

they will mail you by fedex. I called them they are reviewing applications rt now!!!!!!:scared: Mine was with the review committee wen
I called:eek:and is still under review............it takes time so many candidates they wanna select the best ones.
good luck to you

Thank you. I really do hope that they make the decision soon. Other schools are ahead of the game in acceptances this year.plzz post if anyone hears from penn :confused:.GL

I've also applied to Upenn, and received a letter in which they are saying that my file is going to be reviewed soon (november). So maybe they have many candidates or they are short-staff.
Good luck to all!

I called the school and talked to cindy..she said that they will send out acceptances only in the 2nd week of November and not the 1st week as previously mentioned during the interview.They usually send acceptances by Fedex...

Thank you. I really do hope that they make the decision soon. Other schools are ahead of the game in acceptances this year.plzz post if anyone hears from penn :confused:.GL

I called the school and talked to cindy..she said that they will send out acceptances only in the 2nd week of November and not the 1st week as previously mentioned during the interview.They usually send acceptances by Fedex...
d

dear rtvj,,
do you mean that they will send out the acceptance next week??

thanks in advance..
love,
rain

when did u guys submitted ur application ... should i call them and check the status....

ya..thats what cindy(Ms.Corky Cacas's asst) told me.

d

dear rtvj,,
do you mean that they will send out the acceptance next week??

thanks in advance..
love,
rain

I submitted mine mid-august. Ya..u can call them and find out..they are really nice and helpful.

when did u guys submitted ur application ... should i call them and check the status....

hey dent_mangalore..when was ur interview date at Penn??

good luck to you

hey dent_mangalore..when was ur interview date at Penn??

I sooooooooooo...... wish I could give you a date but........... as I said when I called them they said my application was being reviewed at that very moment:scared: and I am still waiting for their response as it is still "under review" and I dont want to piss them off by calling again and again:oops:

oh..sorry i misunderstood wat u said...anyways..good luck to u!:thumbup:

I sooooooooooo...... wish I could give you a date but........... as I said when I called them they said my application was being reviewed at that very moment:scared: and I am still waiting for their response as it is still "under review" and I dont want to piss them off by calling again and again:oops:

i just called upenn ... they told me that my application is complete and they will be sending me the letter very soon ....... dont know what letter they r talking about ... i think it will just be application completion & under review letter..... but i already received the completion letter.... hope something good comes in this letter...........

hey how many seats r there and how many people they gonna interview... any idea...

thanks in anticipation ...

manish

25 seats and 80 ppl will be interviewed.

i just called upenn ... they told me that my application is complete and they will be sending me the letter very soon ....... dont know what letter they r talking about ... i think it will just be application completion & under review letter..... but i already received the completion letter.... hope something good comes in this letter...........

hey how many seats r there and how many people they gonna interview... any idea...

manish

manish

definately the invitation letter for interview:)
good luck

hoping the same ...... but at phone she doesnt mention anything ,,,,,,