Upenn acceptance for 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi dental doc ,
All the best and Good luck for ur results.........

Members don't see this ad.

dentocure said:
hi dental doc and others.\,
Wish u all good luck ....... i know how hard it is to wait for results......... I have my interview on feb 16th....... is it too late.......

Hi,
It's never late in UPENN becos you will fit in to 3rd batch & they have equal number of seats for all the batches.. :luck:

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,
Pls do post any info regarding the second batch acceptances..Thanks :)

I got a dream that I received a rejection letter from Upenn :scared:
This wait period is like a nightmare to me :eek:
I hope we hear something this week..Goodluck guys :luck:

hi dentaldoc
just to let u know know u r not alone with ur nightmares... i had a rejection letter from upenn last night in my sleep as well!!! :laugh:
usualsuspect

Members don't see this ad :)
usualsuspect said:
hi dentaldoc
just to let u know know u r not alone with ur nightmares... i had a rejection letter from upenn last night in my sleep as well!!! :laugh:
usualsuspect

+pity+ +pity+ +pity+ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
it's 1 more day..goodluck :luck:

good luck every1. so the fedexs will reach tmrw. :)

hey dental doc, Thank you for your support........ I really wish u good luck with ur interview results.
dentaldoc said:
Hi,
It's never late in UPENN becos you will fit in to 3rd batch & they have equal number of seats for all the batches.. :luck:

I had interview call but I received the letter after the confirmation date for interview ,is that really make a problem that i fax the letter late the interview is for late Jan.
I am very nervous

I had a phonecall from my family that I got fedex.

I feel great.

I heard that I have to decide where I will attend the schoool before Jan 7.
That is the only info I heard.

Good luck and all the best to you buddies.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!Definately its a great feeling and a big achievement.So when did you get your fedex and where are you located? Because i live in atlanta and dont know when to expect any kind of mails from the school.

Congrats once more and have a great day.

tc
pallavi rakesh

solafide74 said:

I feel great.

solafide74 said:

I feel great.

Congratulations...I think you got acceptance from couple of other schools also...Which school you are interested in more...

Thank you very much buddies.
I always think that sdners are very sweet.

As I mentioned, I heard from my family.
My family lives in phily and I got call at 10 o'clock.

I applied UPenn, UCLA, UCSF and fortunately got call from all 3 schools.

Maybe I am going to choose between UPenn and UCLA.

Thank you again.

ps If you guys need any help from me, please don't hesitate me.
I met many good friends who have helped me a lot and I want to share my experiences like friends did to me.

Congratulations !!!!!!! Thats a really great achievement....

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to let u all know that I received my fedex today :) :) :) .
i live in philly and received the fedex at 10.30 am.
Whew! it was a tough week with nightmares etc etc
My interview was last week....anyone else who got accepted and was interviewed on 8/9 dec?
best of luck to everybody!!!

hey solafide

thats grat......way to go.....boy you must be on cloud nine........three schools to decide from.Here I have barely got a call from NYU.

I will probably go for the same in Feb. If they ask me what I have to say about not being called for any other school,what should I say?

How should I convince them that i am good?I am geting despo for NYU! And here ppl have already been accepted.....man this is not fair.

I cannot take the exam again. I am taking GRE soon and will go in for Biomaterials if I don't get in,even Oral Biology and MPH will do.

Anything to get there once and for all.

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi solafide and usualsuspect,
Did u guys receive the acceptance thro overnight mail or was it a priority mail?

sreshta said:
hi solafide and usualsuspect,
Did u guys receive the acceptance thro overnight mail or was it a priority mail?

I got mine via fedex priority overnight mail...however i didnt receive it at 8 am but at 10.30 am

Hello guys,

I didn't receive any fedex yet & it's 12pm for me....I called Cindy & she said the rest of the letters are sent out today :eek: So it means they didn't send all the letters yesterday and we have to wait one more day to know whether we are receiving any fedex :eek:

I thought it will be over by tonight now god one more day to go...

I talked to Cindy now and she said that they are using the overnight service but she didn't know whether it's priority..but one of the sdn memeber who received the acceptance for first batch mentioned that it's priority overnight which will be delivered by 10.30 am tommorow if they have posted it today :scared:

again goodluck guys :luck:

usualsuspect said:
I got mine via fedex priority overnight mail...however i didnt receive it at 8 am but at 10.30 am

Fedex first overnight mail-delivered by 8.30am
Fedex priority overnight mail-delivered by 10.30am
Fedex standard overnight mail-delivered by 3.00pm

Hey,
Any idea if they are sending only the acceptance letters or the rejection letters too ?

neha said:
Hey,
Any idea if they are sending only the acceptance letters or the rejection letters too ?

Dr Lopez did say that if u didnt receive any fedexes by wednesday (/thursday?) u may receive a rejection letter by friday. :(

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

I called Cindy & she said the rest of the letters are sent out today :eek: So it means they didn't send all the letters yesterday and we have to wait one more day to know whether we are receiving any fedex :eek:

Hello guys ,
Can any one call Cindy & confirm this to me.(whether they are sending acceptance letters today)...becos I was pretty tensed when I spoke with her & I though I heared her say the rest of the letters are sent out today :eek:

solafide74 said:
Thank you very much buddies.
I always think that sdners are very sweet.

As I mentioned, I heard from my family.
My family lives in phily and I got call at 10 o'clock.

I applied UPenn, UCLA, UCSF and fortunately got call from all 3 schools.

Maybe I am going to choose between UPenn and UCLA.

Thank you again.

ps If you guys need any help from me, please don't hesitate me.
I met many good friends who have helped me a lot and I want to share my experiences like friends did to me.
congrats sola,
i am really very happy for u. :) . now u have the hard task of choosing :D . whichever school u choose will be good. all the 3 are excellent choices. good luck to u. :thumbup:

congrats usual suspect. party time for u now. :D :thumbup:

then are the chances of getting in are slim? This is my only hope :confused: :scared:

dentaldoc said:
Fedex first overnight mail-delivered by 8.30am
Fedex priority overnight mail-delivered by 10.30am
Fedex standard overnight mail-delivered by 3.00pm

sreshta said:
then are the chances of getting in are slim? This is my only hope :confused: :scared:

Well, I am gonna wait till tommorow 3.pm at most for fedex..but after that what we can do is wait for the rejection/waitlist letters by friday
Goodluck :luck:

congrats!!!!!!!! usual suspect and solafide74........ party time........ please share ur interview experiences in the dental interview section........ we will learn from ur interviews.....

congrats
u r lucky.i am a bit tense i was interviewed on 10nov .could u plz let me know when was ur interview and did u only receive fedex or email or both
all the best for future
plz reply bac

Hey friend,

During my interviews, I never had a question about what school I applied in this year. So don't worry about your concern.
I think they are not going to ask you certain kind of question.
They only ask you why they should pick you.

Please do not think you are the only one not to decide where to go.
I was on the same boat with you last year.
And I think the experience I had while I prepare one more try was worthy enough.

Relax and keep positive.
You must reach to your goal soon. :)

gpg said:
hey solafide

thats grat......way to go.....boy you must be on cloud nine........three schools to decide from.Here I have barely got a call from NYU.

I will probably go for the same in Feb. If they ask me what I have to say about not being called for any other school,what should I say?

How should I convince them that i am good?I am geting despo for NYU! And here ppl have already been accepted.....man this is not fair.

I cannot take the exam again. I am taking GRE soon and will go in for Biomaterials if I don't get in,even Oral Biology and MPH will do.

Anything to get there once and for all.

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi
congrats
can u plz tell ur score and share ur credential i mean masters degree or exp........
plz reply bac

hey sonibun

I don't have master and I am general practioner now.

I have 4 year clinical experience and now I am the asscociate of private dental clinic now.
I had a few volunteer experiece but they never asked me.
And especially in penn, I got impression they did not search a doctor who had lots of experience but who can adapt to penn's way easily.

I hope my answer is helpful.

good luck.

has anyone else received acceptances?

hi
does anyone has any idea r upenn people still sending the interview invitation letters or r they already done with it..I have not heard anything from them yet :( This means they r no more reviewing the applications for 2005 batch? :scared:

how come no one else has got any acceptances?

yes neha i guess that is true, yesterday and today there has be no activity at all.So god only knows where all the letters are reaching too. :(

pallavi rakesh

neha said:
Hi,
There are a lot of people who are not on SDN.I am sure u might have noticed that during ur interviews.And few others who browse but never contribute.I think all 10 acceptance must have been send.Just that we know about only two.

undefined
neha said:
Hey,
hi,
neha
I too am waiting for some news from upenn.and now i think it will be a normal post.these two days have been craziest,feeling like grabbing every fedex guy on road and asking where is the damn letter?
u penn was more of a dream.but then dreams always dont come true. :smuggrin:

hi
can anyone tell me does the upenn send rejection letter to everybody to whom they dont want to call for an interview??I have not heard anything from them yet and everytime i call them cathy says that my application is still being reviewed...please help..

Hi

I have been waiting since 2 days for the fedex, nothing came in. I havent even received a rejection or waitlist letter in my mailbox. This is really strange that we dont know who ther other 8 people are.
I guess its time to give up on UPENN dreams :( :oops:
I called them up, but cathy said we cannot inform anything on the phone.

Nolls said:
Hi

I have been waiting since 2 days for the fedex, nothing came in. I havent even received a rejection or waitlist letter in my mailbox. This is really strange that we dont know who ther other 8 people are.

Same here :(

I spoke to a friend of mine and she said that it takes time to receive the rejections. She got the rejection 25 days after they mailed the acceptances.looooooooong wait even to get the rejections also :(

Nolls said:
Hi

hi,
nolls
just got my rejection letter :mad: .it was posted on 13th.
Iknow it hurts but atleast now I know the result.these two days were the longest.
bye for now

hey dreamzunlimited,

sorry to hear that.If you dont mind can you let us know where u live so we know when to expect the unexpected.

-pallavi rakesh

nolls
Iknow it hurts but atleast now I know the result.these two days were the longest.
bye for now[/QUOTE]

is there a limit on the number of times we can re apply for the IDP?Is it same everywhere?Any one knows anything about this?

gpg said:
is there a limit on the number of times we can re apply for the IDP?Is it same everywhere?Any one knows anything about this?

hey gpg,
i dont think there is any limitation on the no of times u can apply for idp....
but in BU they donot consider scores older than 3 yrs.....
and in lomalinda if u dont get to the interview(after the dexterity phase),u cannot reapply....
i am not sure about the rest schools...
just call them up and find out ....i dont think there will be any limitations.....they might just ask for recent reco letters.....,retake toefl if the scores r older than 2 yrs etc....
hope this helps....
all the best

gpg said:
hi gpg
just want to add whatever starwars has said.In upenn also you can apply only twice.if u dont get accepted second time than u cannot apply third time.

pallavi rakesh said:
hey dreamzunlimited,

sorry to hear that.If you dont mind can you let us know where u live so we know when to expect the unexpected.

-pallavi rakesh

Hi,pallavi Rakesh
I,M staying in New Jersey.Best of luck to u if u r still waiting.
dreamzunlimited

bye for now
[/QUOTE]

I havent recieved anything yet, but I am sure its going to a rejection. If it was fedex, it would have come by now. I dintknow that you cannot apply to UPENN third time. How are the chances for seconf time?

I thought Pallvai Rakesh had reapplied this year and got an accpetance!
Correct me if I am worng, Pallavi, have you posted for somebody else?