Updating Application Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nervoushabits

Pharming: it's a way of life.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello hello!

I met with my PGY-1 residency director and some of my primary preceptors within the last week. We've made some major changes to my program, including the expansion and addition of some opportunities that will help reinforce my skills in the particular specialty I'm interested in pursuing as a PGY-2. My question for everyone is: would it be completely acceptable to send my updated CV that reflects these changes to those programs I have applied to? I'm concerned that it might look as if I was not prepared when I turned in my original application, however I think that these additions and updates might help me in the application process.

Has anyone been through this before? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm not sure. I know at least at my program they have already started reviewing applications for our PGY-2 spots. I'm not sure how the places you applied have done it but if they've already reviewed your application, I don't think they would go back and notice an updated CV. I thought once you hit submit you couldn't change that kind of stuff. You might have to email the program and ask.

I was also under the impression that once you submitted you couldn't change anything except your contact information.