Update schools and essentially asking for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonebush

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to have multiple acceptances at both DO and MD schools. I wanted to send out an email as sort of a last-ditch effort to see if I can get an interview at a program that is higher up on my list. I wanted to include updates such as recent publications and my coursework.

My question is if I should mention in the email that I'm holding onto multiple acceptances? And if so, how could I phrase it so that I'm sending the message "Hey if you interview me and decide to accept me, I will forgo all my acceptances to come here?" without sounding arrogant.

Members don't see this ad.

They will probably say "have fun at the other school!" You will only be making their job easier. Are you sure they are still interviewing? It is very late in the cycle.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just go to whatever MD school you got into. Be done with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to have multiple acceptances at both DO and MD schools. I wanted to send out an email as sort of a last-ditch effort to see if I can get an interview at a program that is higher up on my list. I wanted to include updates such as recent publications and my coursework.

My question is if I should mention in the email that I'm holding onto multiple acceptances? And if so, how could I phrase it so that I'm sending the message "Hey if you interview me and decide to accept me, I will forgo all my acceptances to come here?" without sounding arrogant.
Quick way to get a rejection, unless you are a 100% superstar. You're asking to cut to the head of the line.

Quick way to get a rejection, unless you are a 100% superstar. You're asking to cut to the head of the line.

Does it matter that OP presumably holds an acceptance to a more competitive program?