UPCM and PLM-CM Tuition Fee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabbyLCD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here knows how much is the tuition fee in UPCM and PLM-CM? I heard that PLM has MCAT, is it more difficult than NMAT?
I'm a communication arts graduate but I really have this desire to become a doctor, can anyone give me tips how to pass NMAT and MCAT? Do I need to take up bio,chem,anatomy etc to prepare myself for these exams?
thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

whow!!! maxado kang malayo ng track. hehe.hindi kita dinidiscourage pero, alam mo b sa plm, may hinihingi silang kota ng mga science at math subjects? keme ngang bs graduates ndi bastabasta nakakapasok sa plm kase ang gusto nila mga linya ng bs bio ang pre med. basta ung maraming units sa science. ngaun, ang pinaka pre requisite sa med proper ay ang bacelor of science na course. maski ano basta BS degree, tsaka nmat. ngaun kung bs grad ka( pero kulang ang math and science units n inofer ng premed mo) AT GUSTONG Gusto mo talaga sa plm, dapat mag itake mo ung units na rinerequire nila sa plm na rin bago ka magmed. this means na ang five years medicine mo ay magiging 6 years medicine. ok lang b sau n six years k n magpaproper? if ok lang sau then go ahead.if not, then choose other good medical schools. sa up nung nagtanong ako last year is nasa 23 thou. sa plm arounng 40 to 45 thou. nakalimutan ko kc ung exact figures e. basta hindi xa lalampas ng 45 t. kung gusto mo talaga mag med, ipursue mo. pero choose the school that will fit your situaxon para maging madali na rin sa part mo.good luck.:)

Thanks Angiostent! Yeah, medyo malayo talaga ko sa track. But I'm willing to take science and math subjects naman kahit hindi ako sa PLM mag take ng med. kahit sa FEU may nirerequire din silang units. I want to prepare myself din kasi pag nagmed na ako.. Ung course ko kasi before has no science and math subjects at all.. meron pala isang Algebra, but that's it. :D

I really want to be a doctor so ok lang kahit 6 years pa abutin. Thank you ulit sa advice. :)

Sobrang hirap ba talaga magmed? Do you think I can still manage my small business kapag nagstart na sa med?

Members don't see this ad :)
basta nman gustong gusto mo ang isang bagya nagiging madali na lang maski mahirap. pero sa palagay ko mahihirapan k imanage ang business mo pag nag med ka na. fyi pala, dito sa feu ndi na nagrerequire ng additiional sci and math subj. wala na ung policy na yun.gudluk.

i'm a first year med student ng PLM and full-paying ako. i took my undergrad sa UPManila. about the tuition fee sa PLM, ang binayaran ko ngayon ay 42000+ and sa UP-PGH (sa pagkakaalala ko), it's 23000+ for the first year med students na nasa pinakamataas na STFAP bracket. however, yung sa PLM, pwede kang maging non-paying or pwedeng kalahati lang. non-paying ka if you're a manila resident, graduated sa isang school sa manila, and with an NMAT grade of 90+ yata. not sure if kasali yung NMAT. but the first two, sure ako don. so ang babayaran lang if non-paying ka ay ang medfund mo. and yung medfund na yun, may different categories pa depende sa ITR ng parents mo. :)

god bless sa med school! :D

i'm a first year med student ng PLM and full-paying ako. i took my undergrad sa UPManila. about the tuition fee sa PLM, ang binayaran ko ngayon ay 42000+ and sa UP-PGH (sa pagkakaalala ko), it's 23000+ for the first year med students na nasa pinakamataas na STFAP bracket. however, yung sa PLM, pwede kang maging non-paying or pwedeng kalahati lang. non-paying ka if you're a manila resident, graduated sa isang school sa manila, and with an NMAT grade of 90+ yata. not sure if kasali yung NMAT. but the first two, sure ako don. so ang babayaran lang if non-paying ka ay ang medfund mo. and yung medfund na yun, may different categories pa depende sa ITR ng parents mo. :)

thanks sa info efemey. Is it true that aside from NMAT meron pang MCAT to pass? And required ba talaga ung pre requisite subjects? My undergrad course is Comm Arts, so I have no units in Science and Math, do I need to take this subjects pa ba?

thanks!:)

hi, i am a 4th year bs biology student and actually, I am also planning to go to med and I would like to go to plm, too. Do you suggest any scholarship that I could apply?(although it is relatively cheaper than any med school here in the Philippines). What are the requirements that I need to submit when I apply to plm?

iv been to plm last month para mg inquire reg thier requiremnts sa med skul nila, and they gave me kung san nka list down ung req nila, i was surprised na ang NMAT req grade nila is 45.. dko alam reason kng bkit ganun na kababa the fact na plm is one good school.. and yes, i also asked kng mgkano na tuition don and they said na around/ not more than 45k for this coming school year 2009, some other infos were already cited and un lng so far reg sa plm-cm

good luck satin lhat!:D

iv been to plm last month para mg inquire reg thier requiremnts sa med skul nila, and they gave me kung san nka list down ung req nila, i was surprised na ang NMAT req grade nila is 45.. dko alam reason kng bkit ganun na kababa the fact na plm is one good school.. and yes, i also asked kng mgkano na tuition don and they said na around/ not more than 45k for this coming school year 2009, some other infos were already cited and un lng so far reg sa plm-cm

As others have said, PLM has so many other subject/unit requirements that NMAT cutoff should be the least of anybody's worry. Most med schools are hurting/begging for applicants. It's a good opportunity to take advantage of the situation and apply.

Is there any age-limit when applying for College of Medicine in PLM? (or in any school for that matter.) I plan to work abroad first to save money for my tuition. I was wondering if they accept applicants who are 27-30 years old and above.

Does PLM offer some scholarships which I could avail to? thanks:)

im a nursing grad student currently reviewing for the upcoming board exam,,,,,im planning to take up a medicine after passing...guys do you think BS nursing will be accredited as my premed?tnx...im altready a registerd midwife...how i will be able to have some tips fropm here...

hi guys, i would just like to ask how is the mcat exam in plm? is it similar to nmat? thank you:)