UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm not too sure what's so funny. But thanks for the help.

P.S. I found the proper area for what I was looking for, but a little help for a newbie couldn't hurt.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmDfaqs.htm
http://www.pacific.edu/admission/PharmD/PharmDcalendar.asp
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/school_pick.aspx
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/process_read.asp?school=84
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/show_entry.asp?ID=2242
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/show_entry.asp?ID=2241
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/show_entry.asp?ID=2232
Etcetera.

My best advice is to not sound rehearsed. Anyone...well, most can memorize a response and show the interviewer that they're obviously not formulating a response but reiterating. Sell yourself and do it well. If you've received an invitation for an interview, you possess qualities they want. That should help motivate and instill confidence in yourself.

You also have to understand that acceptances are not handed out simultaneously. Since students are continually evaluated and re-evaluated as more interviews occur, prospective students revealing questions or underlying themes asked by ad coms are potentially hurting their chances in procuring an acceptance. Moreover, there are plenty of questions in the share//interviewpharm to first review.

I'm in Tier 3. Received an invitation letter yesterday and scheduled for an interview on Jan 25th. Anyone going on that day? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Tier 3. Received an invitation letter yesterday and scheduled for an interview on Jan 25th. Anyone going on that day? :)

Congratulations!! I am a tier 3 also and I have yet to receive an invite. :( When was your PCHK date? Good luck at the interview!! :D

Congrats! My buddy is also tier 3 and he received an invite in Saturday's mail. They offered him Jan 25th or Jan 18th. Lupe told him that there had been a few cancellations for the interview on the 18th. He decided to go on the 18th.

Good luck at your interview!

I have an interview on the 25th also! I'm a tier-3-er!

those who received interviews mind posting their science/cumlative GPAs and anything else you want to share.
thanks

When did you all apply?

I am a tier 3 also. I haven't even received the PCHK yet.

I applied on the last week of October too:confused:

those who received interviews mind posting their science/cumlative GPAs and anything else you want to share.
thanks

UCSD Biochemistry B.S.

Sci GPA: 3.72
Overall GPA: 3.7

3 years of full time research experience
co-author of 2 scientific publications
volunteer at a retail pharmacy for 8 months until it closed down Nov 07 :scared:
TA and Math tutor experience
Not much extracurricular activities because I worked part time while at school

I believe my PCHK is 9/12.

UCSD Biochemistry B.S.
Sci GPA: 3.72
Overall GPA: 3.7

3 years of full time research experience
co-author of 2 scientific publications
volunteer at a retail pharmacy for 8 months until it closed down Nov 07 :scared:
TA and Math tutor experience
Not much extracurricular activities because I worked part time while at school

I believe my PCHK is 9/12.

You can expect an interview invite to almost every school you apply to. Congrats on your interview! Why are volunteering at a retail pharmacy when you can get paid for the time you're there?

You can expect an interview invite to almost every school you apply to. Congrats on your interview! Why are volunteering at a retail pharmacy when you can get paid for the time you're there?

Thanks. Haha. :laugh: You are right...ALMOST! Unfortunately, UCSF rejected my application. I was very disappointed because that's my #1 choice.
I volunteered there because I didn't want to stress myself too much to take a part time job on top of the full time research position. I guess it sounds better to be volunteering. Haha. :p

Thanks. Haha. :laugh: You are right...ALMOST! Unfortunately, UCSF rejected my application. I was very disappointed because that's my #1 choice.
I volunteered there because I didn't want to stress myself too much to take a part time job on top of the full time research position. I guess it sounds better to be volunteering. Haha. :p

Congrats! My buddy is also tier 3 and he received an invite in Saturday's mail. They offered him Jan 25th or Jan 18th. Lupe told him that there had been a few cancellations for the interview on the 18th. He decided to go on the 18th.

Good luck at your interview!

klemmentine///have u heard anything else since your hold?

Members don't see this ad :)
klemmentine///have u heard anything else since your hold?
Not yet. :( I'm thinking that I probably won't hear anything from them until March. I just updated PharmCAS and sent in my updated transcripts. My GPA went up a little, so hopefully that helps me out.

Not yet. :( I'm thinking that I probably won't hear anything from them until March. I just updated PharmCAS and sent in my updated transcripts. My GPA went up a little, so hopefully that helps me out.

Im rooting for you and another person...I hope you get some good news :)

Im rooting for you and another person...I hope you get some good news :)

I guess "another person" is me, thanks man!

I agree with Klemmentine, we will have to wait till March or even April. If I heard something earlier, I will not have to go to other interviews, now I have to go...

Hi! I applied to pacific during tier-3 i was just wondering how long it took some you to hear form pacific about the status of your application. Its been over three months and i havent heard a word. I received a confirmation through mail that they have received everything but im a little concerned now..? Other than calling pacific does anyone have any ideas of what I should do. i'd appreciate any help!

Damn UCSF rejecting people left and right. I think the application is of critical importance for them. I didn't spend enough time on my essays.

I don't know if this information will help anyone, but it might if there's someone out there that applied on the very last day of Tier 3. Anyways, last year I applied to UOP on the very last day of Tier 3. They got my application, processed my check, and kept sending me updates. However, I never got an invite and I was rejected in like April. It was really bizarre. I got into UCSF though so I wasn't too bad of a candidate; its almost like they just didn't get around to my application. I think there were a few people on this forum that applied on the very last day that did get interviews. However, the majority of us that applied on the very last day did not get interviews. I wish you guys luck ^_^

I applied on the last day as well. I got my interview invitation back in December. To soothe my nerves for submitting an application so late to a Rolling admissions school, I sent it in via ExpressMaiL. Hence, the name. Not that it mattered as long as the postmark(ed) date was November 1st.

good luck to those interviewing tomorrow~ I'll see you there :luck::luck:

I guess "another person" is me, thanks man!

I agree with Klemmentine, we will have to wait till March or even April. If I heard something earlier, I will not have to go to other interviews, now I have to go...

yep its you ...hang in there...my friends.

yay! i got an interview invite for jan 18th! can anyone give me tips for UOP's interview...i will greatly appreciate it! :)

yay! i got an interview invite for jan 18th! can anyone give me tips for UOP's interview...i will greatly appreciate it! :)
Congrats! Just be yourself and don't be nervous! It was a wonderful experience and you'll do fine and have fun.

On a side note, is anyone else surprised that UOP is still offering interview dates for January? I thought most of the January and February dates would have been filled up by now. I wonder if UOP has a lot of candidates who have recently declined interviews after getting accepted at other schools already?

Congrats! Just be yourself and don't be nervous! It was a wonderful experience and you'll do fine and have fun.

On a side note, is anyone else surprised that UOP is still offering interview dates for January? I thought most of the January and February dates would have been filled up by now. I wonder if UOP has a lot of candidates who have recently declined interviews after getting accepted at other schools already?
i was accepted into UOP & declined the offer because i decided to go to another school. this is the same case of about 4 other people i know, maybe more spots are opening up & they want to interview more. i had one friend asked for a later date because it conflicted with ucsf interview. seems like many cali schools are holding interviews on the same days in jan. good luck guys!

What surprised me is UOP is interviewing 350 people according to Lupe. I read on their site it's usually is 250.

I don't know where you live. But getting to UOP and being in that city is almost as tough as the interview due to its location.

I just came back. The school is awesome in terms of dorms, facilities, but the program is very rigorous. the students are much much younger than most other schools in CA.

good luck.

:( I may be declining my interview and withdrawing my application because I do not have the money to interview at UOP... Sigh... I'm already in a hole financially and I just really don't know. Such a waste.

You can take AMTrak to to Stockton, its not very expensive and then a cab from the train staion to the school.

:( I may be declining my interview and withdrawing my application because I do not have the money to interview at UOP... Sigh... I'm already in a hole financially and I just really don't know. Such a waste.

I drove from Orange County (took me only 5 hours to get to UOP!) and spent about $46 on gas. I stayed at the La Qunita Inn, which was $59/night (I'm pretty sure you can find cheaper places to stay).

So...don't decline your interview!

:confused:

Borrow, collect cans, or mow grass...I would never pass up on an oppurtunity that will enable you to have a great future....

interview tomorrow!...who's gonna be there!?...pretty nervous....aglkjaskdjalskdn

interview tomorrow!...who's gonna be there!?...pretty nervous....aglkjaskdjalskdn

Hey, I didn't see your post until today, but I was there on the 18th! What did you think of everything? I was pretty nervous! I walked into the lobby before 12:30 and freaked out when I saw all the other interviewees all looking so professionally dressed and calm! Then, I went to use the restroom and then when I got back everyone was gone! I was really freaking out because it wasn't even 12:30 yet! So I walked outside, and asked some of the current students where they all went..they pointed me to the rotunda building and all was well after that. But still! It freaked me out. What group were you in? I was in group 3. I was glad to get the essay over with first, but I sort of was ready to go with the interview right after, and instead we had the tour. Oh well.

Anyone else on the 18th? Any thoughts? I felt like I didn't do that well on the faculty interview, but it might be just because I couldn't really read my interviewer well. But we'll see. UOP's campus is really nice. So now the waiting begins...

i was there on the 18th as well. i really liked the campus and the people were soo friendly. the only other interview i've been to is howard univ in d.c. and i feel like this one was much more organized and the people were much more enthusiastic. i was in group 3 as well ^_^ i think i did pretty horrible on the writing sample...i hope that doesn't count too much. the faculty interviewer i had was pretty nice. he was this old guy who kinda gave a comfortable grandpa-y vibe. don't know if he liked me because i think he would be nice whether he liked u or not.

i really hope i get in....

Hey, I didn't see your post until today, but I was there on the 18th! What did you think of everything? I was pretty nervous! I walked into the lobby before 12:30 and freaked out when I saw all the other interviewees all looking so professionally dressed and calm! Then, I went to use the restroom and then when I got back everyone was gone! I was really freaking out because it wasn't even 12:30 yet! So I walked outside, and asked some of the current students where they all went..they pointed me to the rotunda building and all was well after that. But still! It freaked me out. What group were you in? I was in group 3. I was glad to get the essay over with first, but I sort of was ready to go with the interview right after, and instead we had the tour. Oh well.

Anyone else on the 18th? Any thoughts? I felt like I didn't do that well on the faculty interview, but it might be just because I couldn't really read my interviewer well. But we'll see. UOP's campus is really nice. So now the waiting begins...

i was there on the 18th as well. i really liked the campus and the people were soo friendly. the only other interview i've been to is howard univ in d.c. and i feel like this one was much more organized and the people were much more enthusiastic. i was in group 3 as well ^_^ i think i did pretty horrible on the writing sample...i hope that doesn't count too much. the faculty interviewer i had was pretty nice. he was this old guy who kinda gave a comfortable grandpa-y vibe. don't know if he liked me because i think he would be nice whether he liked u or not.

i really hope i get in....

For my sake, I hope the writing sample counts more than the faculty interview, but that is just wishful thinking!!! :p I'm sure you did well on the interview. If you were comfortable with your interviewer, you probably were more relaxed and more yourself. Plus, since you've already interviewed somewhere, I think you had an edge on those of us who didn't really know what to expect. I was pretty nervous! I became sort of flustered with one of the questions the faculty interviewer asked me. Oh well, it's over now. Hopefully we'll be the ones getting acceptance letters in like 2 more weeks!!! :luck:

i just got to Stockton after a 10 hour drive... 600 miles from San Diego!!

Heading to an interview tomorrow, good luck to everyone! :) :)

Hey ya i'm interviewing tommorow too ... did you have to go around and use the 101 to get here too cause the 5 north was closed off cause of snow O_O

I m in Stockton now, too. Finally!!!
I-5 -> 126 -> 101 -> 680 -> 580 -> 205 -> I-5
9 hours....from LA!!!

See you guys tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!!!

9 hours....from LA!!!

Ya thats exactly how i got here :) .... im staying at the merriot, how about ya'll

why dont you go straight up the 5...isnt it ~5 hours...or are there road closures???

9 hours....from LA!!!

Ya thats exactly how i got here :) .... im staying at the merriot, how about ya'll

La Quinta..... and the heater is broken.....

But for the price I paid, it is pretty good. So I advise people for the following interviews (if there are any) to stay here.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

why dont you go straight up the 5...isnt it ~5 hours...or are there road closures???
Was closed off due to snow but i guess not all the way through, but i still took the route he posted as well since I did not know when the 5 reopened

9 hours....from LA!!!

Wow...9 hours from LA. I went to the Jan 11th interview and it took me only about 5 hours (from Orange County) to reach Stockton. I was driving 95 to 105 mph on the I-5. haha

I just called to schedule my interview today and I had a choice between Feb 8th or Feb 29th, so maybe the 29th is the last interview date?