UOP 2010 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so if we put AP scores on our application then we need to send the AP report to UOP? I asked PharmCAS and they say we don't have to submit the AP report to them.

Members don't see this ad.

so if we put AP scores on our application then we need to send the AP report to UOP? I asked PharmCAS and they say we don't have to submit the AP report to them.

Hmmmm I would contact UOP. I would imagine you would need to send it in if you put your AP scores on... but I don't remember where it says that. Does UOP accept AP scores instead of physically taking the class?

I just checked and my file is complete as of 8/1 so Tier 1 yay!!

And my PCHK is 8/20

Members don't see this ad :)
i just checked my application status, but the date they received my pharmcas and supplemental are 9/1/2009 which does not make any sense. anyone knows why?

i just checked my application status, but the date they received my pharmcas and supplemental are 9/1/2009 which does not make any sense. anyone knows why?

Clerical error is the Occam solution. They meant 8/1/2009 almost assuredly... E-mail Veronica and double check but that's my bet.

i guess so, ima gonna call her tomorrow to see what happened because i just submitted my supplement application on 8/14/2009.

i guess so, ima gonna call her tomorrow to see what happened because i just submitted my supplement application on 8/14/2009.

It might be that they rec'd it today or yesterday, for example, but won't be able to process it until the 1st of September, so it's a projected date? I'm not sure =-/

i just called them, and they said anything that they receive after august 1st will be dated as 9/1/2009. that means i am in tier 2. Hopefully i can get an interview. My pharmcas GPA is 3.39. i have hospital volunteer, American red cross, experimental leader. what do you think abt the chance to have an interview?

i just called them, and they said anything that they receive after august 1st will be dated as 9/1/2009. that means i am in tier 2. Hopefully i can get an interview. My pharmcas GPA is 3.39. i have hospital volunteer, American red cross, experimental leader. what do you think abt the chance to have an interview?

Ah yea so the projected thing.

I think you'll be fine. Good GPA, and good ECs. I'm sure you'll get an interview.

have you guys heard anything about interview yet? if yes, give us an update

I am waiting just as well...

I have a gut feeling we'll hear something in mid-September or at least that's what I remember reading.

Uh..i lost my letter that has the tracking number which UOP sent to me. Now i don't know how to check my status. What should I do? Would they update my status through letter, telling me what i'm missing and etc. I don't want to show them that i'm a careless or unresposnsible person. Help!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it usually take for UoP to let you know they received your materials?

I have no idea...that's what I want to know through the status, :scared:but I lost the #.

How long does it usually take for UoP to let you know they received your materials?

Hhmmm, I would check to see when your PharmCAS was mailed out. Even if you submitted your PharmCAS on 8/15, it doesn't mean they'll receive it 8/15. So check that mailing date. If you have a mailing date for PharmCAS, I would say give it at least a month. They're really good with getting back and updating you about what's going on. For now, we can just be patient!

I submitted my PharmCAS early July and PharmCAS didn't mail it out until late July and I submitted UOP supp in late July. I found out the status of my application in mid- to late- August and they sent me emails and letters.

:xf:

Hhmmm, I would check to see when your PharmCAS was mailed out. Even if you submitted your PharmCAS on 8/15, it doesn't mean they'll receive it 8/15. So check that mailing date. If you have a mailing date for PharmCAS, I would say give it at least a month. They're really good with getting back and updating you about what's going on. For now, we can just be patient!

I submitted my PharmCAS early July and PharmCAS didn't mail it out until late July and I submitted UOP supp in late July. I found out the status of my application in mid- to late- August and they sent me emails and letters.

:xf:

I submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental mid August. PharmCAS mailed out my app at the end of August. I hope UoP didn't toss out my supplemental, because I mailed the supplemental before PharmCAS was mailed out. :scared:

I don't think they would toss out your supplemental. I submitted my PharmCAS before the supplemental but UOP received the supplemental first and mentioned that they were still waiting for my PharmCAS. I wouldn't worry about the tracking number.. UOP is really good at getting back to you about your status.

Okay, I was wondering how many of you here attending the event this upcoming saturday at UOP? It's a preview day event, I believe it's for those who have already submitted their apps. I'll be attending , so I was hoping to see some of you there- who knows we might end up seeing each other next fall!!!! *(really keeping my fingers crossed).

Okay, I was wondering how many of you here attending the event this upcoming saturday at UOP? It's a preview day event, I believe it's for those who have already submitted their apps. I'll be attending , so I was hoping to see some of you there- who knows we might end up seeing each other next fall!!!! *(really keeping my fingers crossed).

I'm attending! I really want to go there but I've never been to Stockton before so it's a good opportunity to learn more about the school and get a feel for the environment. I've only heard good things about UOP from people who go there. Hope to see you there! :)

I'm attending! I really want to go there but I've never been to Stockton before so it's a good opportunity to learn more about the school and get a feel for the environment. I've only heard good things about UOP from people who go there. Hope to see you there! :)

Don't forget your body armor. =]

I received a letter from UOP regarding my pre-req checklist today.

Anyone get a letter yet for the first interview? Let me know when you guys/girls get them :D

I'll be attending the preview day as well, but I'm applying next year. Are we supposed to wear anything in particular? I'm assuming attire is casual.

i am still waiting for invitation. anyone know when is the 1st interview day.

Last week i received an email from UOP saying the recommendation letter might be incomplete. But i don't know if this is a general email, reminding those who has incomplete LOF or only for me. The problem is I lost the status number and so i can't log in to see what's going on. Does everyone in here also got that letter? I'm afraid to call Veronica b/c she might think that i'm a careless person. Will my status be updated over letter as well? Anyone has this issue?

Last week i received an email from UOP saying the recommendation letter might be incomplete. But i don't know if this is a general email, reminding those who has incomplete LOF or only for me. The problem is I lost the status number and so i can't log in to see what's going on. Does everyone in here also got that letter? I'm afraid to call Veronica b/c she might think that i'm a careless person. Will my status be updated over letter as well? Anyone has this issue?

I received that letter. I think it was sent to everyone. I think it said that there was an email specifying if they needed another letter or for the LOR to complete it. But Veronica is really nice, I would encourage you to clarify this with her. Somehow I thought it was directed to people who did not use PharmCAS or their LOR didn't finish the PharmCAS thing but shrugs.

I have not gotten that letter or e-mail and I really don't think we're going to get any correspondence via snail mail...

I have gotten most of my correspondence from UOP both e-mail and snail mail. My pre-req checklist, confirmation letter, other letters have all been through snail mail. Sometimes I get the same letter via email too.

I have gotten most of my correspondence from UOP both e-mail and snail mail. My pre-req checklist, confirmation letter, other letters have all been through snail mail. Sometimes I get the same letter via email too.

I've gotten nothing via snail mail besides the confirmation letter. Unless my wife is sniping my stuff, and I have no idea why she'd do that, it seems kinda random.

did any of you guys attended the event this weekend at UOP? I personally think it was really informative especially when we were given a sneak peak of the professors and how the lectures are structured. I noticed not many people were able to get in the tier 1. Anyone else here have any thoughts on the event?

did any of you guys attended the event this weekend at UOP? I personally think it was really informative especially when we were given a sneak peak of the professors and how the lectures are structured. I noticed not many people were able to get in the tier 1. Anyone else here have any thoughts on the event?

Oh that's good to hear that it is informative! When you mean not many people were able to get in tier 1, did they say they didn't have as many applicants as they expected in their Tier 1 phase? I might not sure I read that specific sentence correctly...

Oh that's good to hear that it is informative! When you mean not many people were able to get in tier 1, did they say they didn't have as many applicants as they expected in their Tier 1 phase? I might not sure I read that specific sentence correctly...

I am sure most people (yes, you, I am talking to you procrastinators!) couldn't be arsed to get their **** in before August 1st...

Basically it was a full day event. Veronica spoke for about 30 minutes about the Admission. She asked everyone in the group (about 200+ attendees) at the Chang building who are submitting for Fall 2010 and about 65% raised their hands. Then when she asked who in this room have received a confirmation that they were in Tier 1, there were about 8 of us. I'm sure it's not a representative of the entire application pool, but she again emphasized how important to get your applications early.

I'm so freaking worried about my status, I will be done with my supplementary mid next week, but I have sent my pharmcas mid july.I hope my applications will still be looked at. My summer school was very time consuming, then I had Fall starting and over lapping with summer...eh it was tough to sit down and actually do the supplementary and finish it. not counting the long Western personal questions, taking majority of my time... wow cant believe how late i am on my apps! is my application going to be considered if I submit by September 15? :scared:

I submitted my supp on 8/1/09, yet I forgot to send in a copy of my resident card (which was stupid of me... I know). Anyhow, 2 weeks after the copy of my resident card was received ( about 8/20), I checked my status online and it showed that:

File Complete Date
8/1/2009
Other--see file
Item Description: Residence Card
9/1/2009

So apparently, does this mean my file was completed on 8/1/09, which is in time for Tier 1, even though I was late in sending in my resident card??? Do you receive any kind of confirmation about which tier you are in?
Should I email Veronica to ask?

Resident card? I don't remember seeing this question on the supp? If there was, I didn't turn it in as well. Uh oh.

Basically it was a full day event. Veronica spoke for about 30 minutes about the Admission. She asked everyone in the group (about 200+ attendees) at the Chang building who are submitting for Fall 2010 and about 65% raised their hands. Then when she asked who in this room have received a confirmation that they were in Tier 1, there were about 8 of us. I'm sure it's not a representative of the entire application pool, but she again emphasized how important to get your applications early.

I was in the other building (i forgot what it's called) but when Veronica asked how many people made it to tier 1, only about 3 of us raised our hands. Less than 50% of those sitting raised their hands when asked about who are submitting for the Fall 2010.

Is the "File Complete Date" usually updated later than the receipt of the other documents? When I checked my app. status, everything was received except my transcript for the planned courses this fall (obviously I didn't send this in yet). Otherwise, I'm missing the file complete date, which will delay the review process. Thanks for your help.

Veronica told me "late" October when I asked her.
The student interviewers have just been selected. We have midterms the first week of October (5-9), so the earliest date for interviews could be the 16th, but I'm guessing it will most likely be the 23rd or 30th.

The student interviewers have just been selected. We have midterms the first week of October (5-9), so the earliest date for interviews could be the 16th, but I'm guessing it will most likely be the 23rd or 30th.

How do UOP select the Student Interviewers? Did the pharmacy students volunteer to do this?

Is the "File Complete Date" usually updated later than the receipt of the other documents? When I checked my app. status, everything was received except my transcript for the planned courses this fall (obviously I didn't send this in yet). Otherwise, I'm missing the file complete date, which will delay the review process. Thanks for your help.

anyone? Everything's there except that future transcript, and yet I'm missing a file complete date. I'm afraid my file won't be reviewed b/c of that transcript.

How do UOP select the Student Interviewers? Did the pharmacy students volunteer to do this?

From my understanding, it's an elective class but these students have to be involved with Pacific in some way. So they are in student organizations and things like that.

By the way, when I went to Preview Day they said that interview letters would be mailed out Sept. 22, but I received my interview invite today :). I don't know too much information yet because I'm at home in the bay area and my roommate in San Diego opened the letter for me and told me.

and what is your stats? I would really love to know :sniff:

By the way, when I went to Preview Day they said that interview letters would be mailed out Sept. 22, but I received my interview invite today :). I don't know too much information yet because I'm at home in the bay area and my roommate in San Diego opened the letter for me and told me.

I got home today from my hospital shift and my wife proudly displayed my interview invite to me also.

Holla!

great work guys!! so when is the interview? did you also receive an invite in your email or was it only via snail mail?