"Unprofessional and even unlawful behavior" from JHUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's nice to know that people who go to JHU Med are human too...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
We got wasted af and never did anything like this at our medical school lol. No wonder no-one cares about resident work hours if this is how medical students are representing us at top institutions

Of course. JHU hospital already has a poor enough reputation with the locals in the city. They definitely don't need this to get picked up by the local news on a slow news day. I just don't see the reason for airing a medical school student class's dirty laundry on a public website. It could mean no free alcohol for more than just this class.

Exactly why this should be posted to the public. Everyday people deserve to know what kind of people their doctors are.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I normally don't promote posting "institutional drama" on public forums, but there are several exceptions, and this is one of them. It isn't great that these students were rowdy at a school-sponsored event, but it happens every now and then with younger students.

What's much more alarming is the blatant denigration and assault of the bar staff. That is not excusable - anytime, or anywhere. What's more, the fact that this was a repeat occurrence suggests this isn't an isolated incident, but a pattern promoted by that class's culture (if not the culture of the institution more broadly).

There are factors outside of a school's resources, opportunities, and location that can and should be discussed when suggesting others to apply or matriculate. This is a clear example of one.

Reactions: 3 users
I normally don't promote posting "institutional drama" on public forums, but there are several exceptions, and this is one of them. It isn't great that these students were rowdy at a school-sponsored event, but it happens every now and then with younger students.

What's much more alarming is the blatant denigration and assault of the bar staff. That is not excusable - anytime, or anywhere. What's more, the fact that this was a repeat occurrence suggests this isn't an isolated incident, but a pattern promoted by that class's culture (if not the culture of the institution more broadly).

There are factors outside of a school's resources, opportunities, and location that can and should be discussed when suggesting others to apply or matriculate. This is a clear example of one.
Honestly to me there doesn’t need to be any exceptions when it comes to speaking on bad behavior of medical students or behavior being publicized. Some of these comments makes it seem like they’re children or something. These are grown adults. There’s no excuse for this even if there was a lack of assault. I wish people would stop infantilizing grown adults.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

I'm sure Hopkins will really struggle to fill their class

• Haha

Let's cancel Hopkins!