University of Utah Pharmacy Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my letter today! I was accepted :)! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my letter today! I was accepted :)! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!! Quick question since I'm on the waitlist but haven't gotten the official letter yet, is there a deadline for accepting the offer and the deposit?

Congrats!! Quick question since I'm on the waitlist but haven't gotten the official letter yet, is there a deadline for accepting the offer and the deposit?

Yes the deposit is $2000 this year. It must be sent to the school via cashier's check or money order and it must be postmarked by the 23rd I think. (I don't have my letter with me so that date may be a few days off).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes the deposit is $2000 this year. It must be sent to the school via cashier's check or money order and it must be postmarked by the 23rd I think. (I don't have my letter with me so that date may be a few days off).

For me, ( I don't know if there are different deadlines) I have until the 21st to put down the $2000. (oh yeah...I was accepted :D )

Are there other schools that require even close to $2000 for deposit? Seems really, really high to me.

^^I thought so too. The next closest I have is $1000.

Are there other schools that require even close to $2000 for deposit? Seems really, really high to me.
Yes, $1000 is more of a typical deposit amount. In one sense the UofU is smart to require more as I imagine it is a fairly good method for weeding out those who really want to be there versus those who are still indecisive and/or using the U as backup option. You only lose the deposit if you withdraw your spot, correct? Otherwise it gets applied to your P1 tuition/fees, correct? Best wishes to all those deciding what to do and keep us updated on your decisions!

Yes, $1000 is more of a typical deposit amount. In one sense the UofU is smart to require more as I imagine it is a fairly good method for weeding out those who really want to be there versus those who are still indecisive and/or using the U as backup option. You only lose the deposit if you withdraw your spot, correct? Otherwise it gets applied to your P1 tuition/fees, correct? Best wishes to all those deciding what to do and keep us updated on your decisions!

Yes you are correct. The deposit is applied to the first semester tuition as long as you pass all your prerequisites or meet other conditions necessary for matriculatuon.

I decided not to accept my seat here, so there should be one more spot opening up. Good luck to those on the waiting list! :)

I decided not to accept my seat here, so there should be one more spot opening up. Good luck to those on the waiting list! :)
are you accepting somewhere else?

are you accepting somewhere else?

Yes. I have narrowed it down to my top 4 schools but haven't quite decided which one I will be attending for sure.

Anybody know of good housing options for students and/or need people to live with for the upcoming year?

Hey everyone,

I want to say congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! If there is anyone who is looking for housing I have a basement apartment I rent. The apartment is about 1100 sf and I have 1 room available (female only). I am renting it for a flat rate of $480.00 per month. This includes everything (utilities, internet, cable...) The apartment is partially furnished and you would have your own bedroom and bathroom. It is about 15-20 min away from school in a very quiet/safe neighborhood. Send me a message if you want more info or pictures.

Last edited:
So I don't have my bachelor's degree and I'm taking the PCAT in 2 weeks. I'm also taking OCHEM 2, MICROBIOLOGY, and PHYSIOLOGY this fall, and PHYSICS II, CALC II, and ENG 316 (fulfills English req.) in January. I've heard they don't like it when you have outstanding prerequisites and I'll have three when interviews come around in January. Have you heard of people getting accepted having the maximum of three classes left to be completed? I only need these classes for U of U and I just want to know if I even stand a chance. Thanks for your time.

So I don't have my bachelor's degree and I'm taking the PCAT in 2 weeks. I'm also taking OCHEM 2, MICROBIOLOGY, and PHYSIOLOGY this fall, and PHYSICS II, CALC II, and ENG 316 (fulfills English req.) in January. I've heard they don't like it when you have outstanding prerequisites and I'll have three when interviews come around in January. Have you heard of people getting accepted having the maximum of three classes left to be completed? I only need these classes for U of U and I just want to know if I even stand a chance. Thanks for your time.

They seemed quite firm on that three course maximum that you are talking about; at the interview, they include paperwork that states what courses you have yet to complete and will only include up to 3. I took that absolute max during the spring semester and was accepted. So it can be done! Of course, I don't think it works in your favor, but as long as you have no more than that it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you are planning on finishing them in the spring rather than the summer. They will not accept courses taken the summer before matriculation.

Anyway, that was a lot of rambling in response to your question. Main point: yes, you should still have a chance. Good luck! :thumbup:

They seemed quite firm on that three course maximum that you are talking about; at the interview, they include paperwork that states what courses you have yet to complete and will only include up to 3. I took that absolute max during the spring semester and was accepted. So it can be done! Of course, I don't think it works in your favor, but as long as you have no more than that it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you are planning on finishing them in the spring rather than the summer. They will not accept courses taken the summer before matriculation.

Anyway, that was a lot of rambling in response to your question. Main point: yes, you should still have a chance. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks, that is very encouraging news! And for the record I am taking them spring, not summer!