University of Toronto, class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would they send an email saying that decisions will be posted later? Took me forever to open the first email...

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the email from admissions saying that the final decision will be posted on the applicant website by the end of today (June 22nd), and another email will be sent to notify us as soon as it is posted.

so anxious!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha, they did that last year too! It was exquisitely frustrating.

Suggestion, though?

It's the end of the day, and if you're feeling anxious, call a friend and ask them to go out for coffee or lunch or dinner! Have a really fun day, and then log on at 5pm (last year it was around 5:30 or something, ugh).

It'll just stress you out if you keep logging on and checking during the day.

Lol I just keep my MSN open for new e-mails. I saw Pharmacy BSC and thought that would be it hahaha.

I have work later anyway, so that will keep me distracted.

Omg, MSN! What a throw back. Hahaha, I haven't used it in years.

Good luck ...Ryan? Unless ryanco is short for Ryanconstantinopoulos

woahh i was expecting it to be up at 4, so early =)
but yea im in as well, can't wait to meet u all in person! =D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I'm in too!!! Congrats to everyone who made it, can't wait to meet you all!!!

To anyone who didn't get in, I know how it feels because I didn't make it last year. It's so discouraging to work hard and come up short, but if you want this don't stop trying!! I re-wrote my PCAT and went through the process again, and I made it the second time around. Don't let one failure stop you, KEEP PUSHING and make it next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in!!!!!!!! My heart was gonna fall out of my chest! Congrats to all that got in and don't give up for those who didn't!!

:) !!!

Can't wait to meet you all in September! Congrats to those who got in and for those who didn't, keep trying! I got waitlisted last year and I worked harder and rewrote the PCAT and got in this year! :) Keep working hard and don't give up!

im so excited to come to uoft ! congrats to those who made it, i can't wait to meet everyone in september!! :D

Hi for those who got in, could you post your average mark (in %), your PCAT scores (including subsections), and how many stations you thought you did well, how many you did ok, and how many you didn't do well at all? And please tell me how many years you took a full courseload. thx

Aww I got wait-listed. Congrats to those who made. anyone know people who were wait listed in 50-80 that got in?

Hi for those who got in, could you post your average mark (in %), your PCAT scores (including subsections), and how many stations you thought you did well, how many you did ok, and how many you didn't do well at all? And please tell me how many years you took a full courseload. thx

My avg. mark was 83%, PCAT was 93 composite (89 VA, 96 bio, 86 RC, 64 QA, 93 chem and 3/4 essay). On the interview I thought 7/10 stations went well, and the other 3 I was unsure about. There weren't any stations that I thought went horribly, and the ones I felt unsure about were the ones where the interviewers seemed angrier or more poker-faced so it made me more nervous and made me second-guess my responses.

My average mark was (I have no idea). McGill only gave letter grades...:(

Although I had a 3.81 GPA in my one year at McGill, followed by a 3.95 for my year at UofT so make of it what you must.

PCAT Composite was 95 (English Comprehension being the lowest at 69...:p)

Interview, same with kovey. 7/10 felt good, the other 3 was kind of meh...

Full courseload for one year at McGill, 60% at UofT (mainly because I messed up with the double major thing and didn't know that I had to do one, haha)

Last edited:
Oh, and as for the full courseload question, I took a full courseload for all 4 years of my undergrad.

I got in, too!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Hi,
I didn't get in this year. I don't know why.

my avg is 77%, got 88 percentile comp on PCAT (met all subsection requirements), felt like I did well in 7/10 stations. Full course in only one year. I completed all my prerequisites successfully.

Last year, I was waitlisted. This year, no admissions, not even waitlist. No clue where I went wrong.

What do you guys think?

My average mark was 73-75%-ish, with my 4th year average at ~88% (Queen's works on the 4.3 GPA scale so its hard to tell exactly what my admissions GPA was calculated at)

My PCAT scores are:
Composite =82
Bio=91
Chem=95
VR= 58
RC=52
QA=62
Essay: 2, 3

As for the interview, I believed I did well on all the stations. Like Kovey said, I also felt more apprehensive in the stations where the interviewer had a colder demeanor, or was quick to question my response. Overall I felt that my interview was successful.

my overall average was 92%
and my pcat composite was 95% essays were 3,3

btw did any1 else receive a residence space at graduate house?

Not me, but I'm on the waitlist for one haha.

Then again, I think I'll just commute.

i'm probably not gonna take it since its so expensive =P
haha same, i live in mississauga so it shouldnt be so bad, how far do u live ryanco64?

K gtg! Work time! Grats to all the people who got accepted!

And there's still Waterloo's extra admissions in October. (maybe) You can all try for that if you didn't!

(Or next year at UofT again if you don't like Waterloo, lol)

Average: 83%

PCAT:
Composite 84
Verbal Ability 53
Biology 91
Reading Comprehension 58
Quantitative Ability 83
Chemistry 93
Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.0

As for the interview I think I did decent in 7/10 of the stations whereas in the other 3 I don't feel like my answers we portrayed clearly as I got a little flustered when answering and/or I didn't feel like I had a good enough answer/explanation.

A9Kkg.gif

ranco64, r u on the top half or bottom of the waitlist? What is your stat?

time for me to join the happy bandwagon! accepted from out of province, so don't lose hope if you're not from Ontario! sure you may or may not have to work a bit harder to prove yourself, be rest assured that it will always pay off in the end!

Oh my god, I thought they were going to post the results much later than this... I slept in to make sure that there's less waiting time for me... only to come to the forum and find out it's posted o_o........ I'm INNNN!

cGPA: 3.52/%: 82 from utsg, 13.5 credits (only 1st year I took full credit load)
Composite: 95/ VA:82/ bio:94/ RC:48/ QA:97/ chem:98/ writing 3-3
Interview: honestly I felt like I did terrible. After the interview it was quite discouraging to hear the other interviewees around me tell me it wasn't as bad as they thought, but for me I felt like I screwed up most of the stations. I think I had decent answers for approximately 3 stations, but that's about it.

Last edited:
@mui: Yeah, I got one of those residence spots, too.

See you all in September, amigos!

I just woke up to the biggest surprise of my life. I never in a million years thought id get in!

Stats:
PCAT:
VA 50
Bio 54
RC 52
QA 69
Chem 68
Composite 60

GPA:
3.38 on the UofT scale which translates to a B+ or 77-79%

Im assuming my interview must have gone well unless I recieved an acceptance by mistake :scared:

Last edited:
I got accepted as well

PCAT - 88 COMP
AVG - 81.5%
MMI - went meh id say 6/10 stations went pretty well with the other ones going not as well

I got accepted :D Stats were.... GPA: 3.5 (UofT) PCAT - Verbal: 96 - QA: 85 - RC: 29 lol - Bio: 95 - Chem: 97 - Composite: 95 - Writing: 3/3 I felt I did well on 6 of the stations, did not do well one 1 (actor station) and okay on the remaining 3.

Got an offer - which I accepted happily :)
--

PCAT = 95 composite, 3/3
GPA = 3.6/4.0 (finished 3rd year)
Interview = I'm not sure; it was fun though!
I took a full course load for all of my semesters.

SEE YOU GUYS IN SEPTEMBER!

Congrats everyone! 1st year's tough but I hope you'll enjoy it! For those who didn't get in, keep on trying if you really want to pursue this career! See ya guys in September!

I got in too!
Do CPR and first aid requirements have to be met before september? It says before academic service learning in year 1...

Stats: gpa 3.62/4.0 scale (4 years uni full course load for all years)
pcat 99 composite, 3/3 essay
Interview: thought my answers for at least 4 stations were less than ideal.

I got in too!
Do CPR and first aid requirements have to be met before september? It says before academic service learning in year 1...

Stats: gpa 3.62/4.0 scale (4 years uni full course load for all years)
pcat 99 composite, 3/3 essay
Interview: thought my answers for at least 4 stations were less than ideal.

Usually people get it done before school starts or during Sept but yeah, you'll need your first aid and criminal record checked early depending on if your ASL is in fall or winter term

yessss! i also got accepted :D :D
alhamdulillah! (which means Thank God!)

Last edited:
could u guys post here the link to the 1T6 facebook link, info on the CPR and anything else that we might need?

cant wait to see u guys all in september.... or even at phrosh!! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309040529187911/

Info on CPR will be available shortly! 1T5 will be holding two sessions at the pharmacy building.

Aaaaand other additional information will be available via a mail-out during the summer, and 1T5 will be writing guides!

Congratulations! :D

Join the Facebook group! We already have a nice gathering of future 1T6s in there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/309040529187911/

Info on CPR will be available shortly! 1T5 will be holding two sessions at the pharmacy building.

Aaaaand other additional information will be available via a mail-out during the summer, and 1T5 will be writing guides!

Congratulations! :D

Join the Facebook group! We already have a nice gathering of future 1T6s in there.

great, thank you so much. just joined the group a few mins ago!!