University of Toronto, class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure I'll accept it if I get in. :O

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone apply anywhere else? if so where and which school are you leaning towards if you had a choice?

Hello everyone, I'm a 1T5 First year Pharmacy Student. I know you are all anxious to hear about the results. I remember how relieved I felt when I found out when I was on vacation in Thailand and the celebratory partying that ensued thereafter, haha. Anyways, I'm also on the Phrosh Planning Committee and one of the things we are setting up is the 1T6 Facebook group.

TRUST ME: this will be an invaluable resource for the next 4 years.

For summer, this will be a GREAT resource for room mates, housing, application, phrosh events, etc. All Phrosh committee leaders will be admins and will be able to help answer any questions you guys may have coming up.

I watch our 1T5 group religiously 24/7. I know, I have a problem. But there is always activity, and I anticipate no less from your group, haha. Anyways, enjoy summer, I know I am.

Good luck!

Here is the Facebook group link
http://www.facebook.com/groups/309040529187911/

Members don't see this ad :)
One week till the day I stare at my computer all day long refreshing lol...

brb staring at my soul in the mirror ಠ_ಠ

I'm basically expecting the results to be up at the latest possible moment on Friday...the wait is getting excruciating and it's only to be expected that those last few hours are going to be brutal. I took the day off work so I can avoid being near a computer lol...probably going to busy myself with the gym or the beach or biking by the lake or really anything that doesn't involve being at home.

6....more....daysssss

Hey
I have a little pro/con list for waterloo vs uoft (with help from ryanco64) to help those who might have trouble deciding.

Waterloo pros

Co-op (experience + money!)
Quiet campus in Kitchener (pro or con)
Smaller class size feels more personal

Waterloo cons

BSc instead of PharmD (to be confirmed)
Less networking opportunities (but co-op!)

UofT pros

PharmD (to be confirmed)
Downtown campus is lively
Networking opportunities are better
can rewrite exams if you fail
only 6 exams first yr per term (9 for waterloo)
Cheaper tuition

UofT cons

No paid work experience gauranteed
Downtown campus can be distracting
The class feels less personal

Feel free to add to the list

Is anyone here from ualberta? I'm considering applying to uoft in the near future, but I'm not quite sure what the prerequisites are when converted into uofa courses. - Like the physical chemistry requirement? I have no clue what course I would have to take at uofa to fulfill that prereq, I don't see anything similar to p. chem in our course list.

What other additional courses, on top of the uofa prereqs will I need to fulfill uoft's prereqs?
Sorry uoft, but your "non-ontario universities" section wasn't really helping.

Thanks!

My closest guess would be CHEM371 or 373 for UAlberta judging from the names of your courses (for physical chemistry).

You might want to ask an academic advisor to help you plan out your courses however. You have 2 years of studying to do before you can apply to UofT anyway. :)

Thanks!
I actually just finished my 2nd year haha. Still contemplating whether I want to keep applying at uofa for the next 2 years, or just try my luck at uoft next year. I guess it wouldn't hurt to increase my chances by applying to more universities.

Ooo nice. My recommendation is to keep trying at UAlberta, because moving would add a lot of unnecessary expenses.

Try applying for UofT or somehwere after you graduate and still can't get into Alberta. That would be what I would do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey
I have a little pro/con list for waterloo vs uoft (with help from ryanco64) to help those who might have trouble deciding.

Waterloo pros

Co-op (experience + money!)
Smaller class size feels more personal

Waterloo cons

BSc instead of PharmD (to be confirmed)
Less networking opportunities (but co-op!)

UofT pros

PharmD (to be confirmed)
Downtown campus is lively
Networking opportunities are better
can rewrite exams if you fail
only 6 exams first yr per term (9 for waterloo)
Cheaper tuition

UofT cons

No paid work experience gauranteed
Downtown campus can be distracting
The class feels less personal

Feel free to add to the list

"the class feels less personal". trust me, you spoke too soon, considering you're not even in the program yet. The relationships I've made with the people in my class are true and I'm grateful for the opportunity, considering I've lived in Edmonton, and Vancouver. The people in our program are probably the best part about the program in my opinion.

So how is everyone coping with the 4-day wait? It feels like the hours pass so slowly :p

Let's just say I'm having a hard time eating my meals im so nervous!

"the class feels less personal". trust me, you spoke too soon, considering you're not even in the program yet. The relationships I've made with the people in my class are true and I'm grateful for the opportunity, considering I've lived in Edmonton, and Vancouver. The people in our program are probably the best part about the program in my opinion.
I'm sure you're right, but I think what ryanco64 meant by that was since UofT class size is double that of waterloo, compared to waterloo, the class would probably feel less personal :)

Haha yeah, that's what I meant. No doubt great relationships will be forged because the group will be tight knit :p

I was reading last year's forum and it looks like they found out around 4:40pm on the date that decisions were to be released.....It seems like they plan to release the decisions on Fridays in the past few years. Two years ago they apparently had to wait until the following Monday. gah :|

The relationships I've made with the people in my class are true and I'm grateful for the opportunity, considering I've lived in Edmonton, and Vancouver. The people in our program are probably the best part about the program in my opinion.

That is so awesome to hear! I'm sure it makes the program better, and more importantly, those are going to be your colleagues in the profession so it's great that the program is full of good people.

Really hoping that I'll hear some good news on Friday, so I can be part of the program as well.

does anyone know what the procedure is if you do get accepted. As in like, how many days do we have to respond and confirm our acceptance and any deposit that we may have to pay? just curious..

did anyone apply anywhere else? if so where and which school are you leaning towards if you had a choice?

I applied and interviewed at UW & UBC. I am leaning towards the school that accepts me, and is economical. :D

does anyone know what the procedure is if you do get accepted. As in like, how many days do we have to respond and confirm our acceptance and any deposit that we may have to pay? just curious..

I'm not sure about any deposits or other payments that could be involved, but on PharmSIS, July 6 is listed as the last date to reply to the offer of acceptance. (That's 2 weeks after the results are released)

Okay I'm over the nerves now I just want to know!

i'll be a delinquent by diligently checking my emails at work on friday. a.k.a, just another work day. =)

Word. I'm actually logging on to PharmSIS and refreshing. And I know it's still for tomorrow. Hahaha.

I'm like a junkie. XD

Word. I'm actually logging on to PharmSIS and refreshing. And I know it's still for tomorrow. Hahaha.

I'm like a junkie. XD
I'm glad I'm not the only one :p

Just. So. Anxious.

I'm playing video-games and going to the gym 2-3times a day,, I'm still on edge!! :boom:

Time to go to work.

When I finish my shift and get back home, it will be midnight. And then the longest part of the waiting game begins.

Good luck everyone! I hope we all make it:)

Good luck everyone! I hope we all make it:)

i hope the same for everyone here as well! everyone has been so helpful towards one another...and it`s about time we get to know each other by our real names and not by our ambiguous (and sometimes very creative) monikers!

Wow, I'm definitely feeling the anxiety now!! Good luck to everyone, and let's all hope they release the results sooner than later tomorrow!! :)

24 hours till results are posted!!!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

If we get in, will it say so on the home page of pharmsis?

It will say something under notifications like the interview was

I'm sosososososososososososososososososososo excited to welcome you all to the faculty!

Best of luck, everybody!

tumblr_m5nz9uAzl61r8ut6e.gif

And I'll just leave this here:

GO TO PHROSH WEEK! (Pharmacy Orientation)

I'll see you guys on here...once results are released. =D

having to click twice = double the heart attack! haha

For those of you anxiously waiting to check at midnight, just head to bed because the faculty has been known to release the results around 4-5pm :(

I just want to wish you all the BEST of luck tomorrow; you all worked so hard to make it this far and I'm sure you will be rewarded with an acceptance :) Try not to stress too much and avoid pressing that refresh button since the faculty will probably upload the decisions around 4ish as usual :p
p.s. Make sure you ALL come to phrosh too; it's a great time to meet you classmates and the hypnotist show with Boris is just incredible :D

I just want to wish you all the BEST of luck tomorrow; you all worked so hard to make it this far and I'm sure you will be rewarded with an acceptance :) Try not to stress too much and avoid pressing that refresh button since the faculty will probably upload the decisions around 4ish as usual :p
p.s. Make sure you ALL come to phrosh too; it's a great time to meet you classmates and the hypnotist show with Boris is just incredible :D

:)

omg...I don't know if I'll be able to fall asleep o_O now that everyone seems to be saying theres a high chance it'll be posted 4-5am-ish... :p

EDIT: wait, i think i read it wrong due to pre-decision announcement nerves, 4-5pm? okay gotta try going to sleep haha. I have my fingers crossed for everyone else that's waiting as well!

Yes, it'll likely be around 4-5pm. I remember it being closer to 5pm last year. Hahaha, that was a stressful afternoon.

In any case, I wish everybody here gets good news. :)