University of Texas CoP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what a bummer, I was expecting an envelope with glitter and confetti inside

I prolly laughed at this harder than i should have lol but that was funny, cause that what was going through my mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

UT throws another curveball ... figures. This has definitely been an interesting process with them.

Agreed. Interesting how it took them about 2 months to decide that they were going to send us everything thru e-mails and not snail mail anymore!

I prolly laughed at this harder than i should have lol but that was funny, cause that what was going through my mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Texas Tech had glitter and confetti inside their acceptance letter... pretty interesting tactic! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Tech had glitter and confetti inside their acceptance letter... pretty interesting tactic! haha

I would have immediately declined ... I hate glitter. That seems unproffessional. Having said that, I do prefer a physical letter to hang on to.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm reeeeally bummed about not getting a hardcopy acceptance letter. Seriously, we're about to give them the next four years of our lives along with thousands of dollars in tuition money... How difficult is it to take a piece of paper, fold it into thirds, and shove it in an envelope just to make it official?

It's just the satisfaction of having a physical letter with your name on it and the University seal in the letterhead... Oh well.. At least we got in : )

I don't know about y'all, but I'm reeeeally bummed about not getting a hardcopy acceptance letter. Seriously, we're about to give them the next four years of our lives along with thousands of dollars in tuition money... How difficult is it to take a piece of paper, fold it into thirds, and shove it in an envelope just to make it official?

It's just the satisfaction of having a physical letter with your name on it and the University seal in the letterhead... Oh well.. At least we got in : )

Sadly, the whole process with UT hasn't run smoothly. First, let me state the positive ... receiving a personal call from the school letting you know they want you is phenomenol and unique.

Now, we were told we would receive a packet in the mail in late March, only to be told yesterday that they were doing away with actual paper packets and sending everything through email. Call it pride or even narcissistic if you want, but I'm keeping hold of every physical acceptance letter I received. Even if I don't choose the school, it's a source of confidence to know that several schools wanted me.

We were also told to hang off on a facebook group. Now, I have no need to find a roommate and I know Austin, but for many students, I can imagine this is a source of annoyance.

We were told to create an email address, but whoops, we weren't in the system yet haha. I was able to create mine later, but I'm a former student, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, b/c former students are supposed to have access to the system (I didn't when the first email was sent out though). Was anybody else able to create theirs?

I will obviously not read too much into this whole process, but I do hope it isn't a reflection of things to come. I think I may email the school and ask for a physical letter haha.

Sadly, the whole process with UT hasn't run smoothly. First, let me state the positive ... receiving a personal call from the school letting you know they want you is phenomenol and unique.

Now, we were told we would receive a packet in the mail in late March, only to be told yesterday that they were doing away with actual paper packets and sending everything through email. Call it pride or even narcissistic if you want, but I'm keeping hold of every physical acceptance letter I received. Even if I don't choose the school, it's a source of confidence to know that several schools wanted me.

We were also told to hang off on a facebook group. Now, I have no need to find a roommate and I know Austin, but for many students, I can imagine this is a source of annoyance.

We were told to create an email address, but whoops, we weren't in the system yet haha. I was able to create mine later, but I'm a former student, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, b/c former students are supposed to have access to the system (I didn't when the first email was sent out though). Was anybody else able to create theirs?

I will obviously not read too much into this whole process, but I do hope it isn't a reflection of things to come. I think I may email the school and ask for a physical letter haha.

I totally agree with your post.

I'm keeping all of my hardcopy acceptance letters to schools I'm not attending as well - I'm sure a lot of other people on here have done the same haha. It's not narcissistic at all.

They certainly do not have all of their ducks in a row right now, but all that matters is that they figure their stuff out come orientation in August.

That's hilarious, I was thinking about emailing them to ask for a hardcopy letter too! I wouldn't even care if they just wrote, "Dear (my name), Congratulations! You've been accepted into The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. program!" and that's it, nothing else. As long as it's something that I can hold in my hands and hang up on my wall to get me through the rest of this semester!

I'm not sure I understand why you guys are all bummed out. Sure, the physical acceptance letter is a nice thing to have, but it's really just an antiquated formality. It serves no purpose whatsoever. I'm perfectly content with not waiting for a piece of paper in the mail that restates what three emails, the application status page, and a personal phone call have already told me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using SDN Mobile.

I'm not sure I understand why you guys are all bummed out. Sure, the physical acceptance letter is a nice thing to have, but it's really just an antiquated formality. It serves no purpose whatsoever. I'm perfectly content with not waiting for a piece of paper in the mail that restates what three emails, the application status page, and a personal phone call have already told me.

For me, it's just the fact that the whole process since being accepted has been pretty unorganized. They told us back in February when we got in that they would be sending us an e-mail when the official acceptance letter/packets were being sent in the mail, and now about two months later, they are just now sending us an e-mail saying oh nevermind, we aren't going to send you a packet, everything's in this e-mail... while we have all been waiting for something in the mail for the last several weeks.

Also, I don't understand why it's taking them forever to make the Facebook group. There is a Class of 2017 Facebook page for every school that I have been accepted to, and I was just accepted into UCSF two weeks ago and they literally made the Facebook group in 2 days. The importance of the Facebook group is so that people can get their questions answered quickly (from both incoming & current students) and most importantly, so people can figure out housing & roommate situations. Especially in a place like Austin... I go to undergrad at UT and the housing market in West Campus (where the majority of students live) is crazy competitive. People signed leases back in October-December 2012 for Fall 2013 housing, and many of the apartment complexes are at capacity for next year.

Either way, at least we finally got notification of something! :thumbup:

I spoke of the process in general (letter, facebook group for those interested, email, etc). The physical letter is just one of the disappointments, especially after telling us we would get one with the rest of the packet at the end of March. Now, we are told to print out the packets/forms ourselves and to expect another email with the offer. Call it an antiquated formality (I would call it tradition), and you can be perfectly content with not getting one, but that's your opinion. We are free to desire one, and I have a feeling most would prefer a true letter on UT letterhead over another email, especially with the hard work we all put in. We are always told email is informal and innappropriate for serious matters, yet the school is adopting that form of communication for our formal letter of acceptance. So yeah, when I do think about it more, I actually am bummed out. This is a top institution being lazy on all accounts so far and taking the easy path with our letters. I have never heard of a formal acceptance offer being sent through email. Congrats to you though! Enjoy yet another email restating that you got in.

:shrug: I guess I just feel like the personal phone call made up for the lack of a formal letter.
To each their own though.

Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone is wondering, 4 people still need to decline in order for the waitlist to have movement.

I would assume 7 ... They offered 135 and want 125. So, to offer a spot to a wait-listed individual would require 11 rejections. If 4 more are required, we are currently sitting on 128 individuals remaining with people like you and I still trapped in a maze trying to figure out which school to choose. I'd say it's going well for the list thus far.

I would assume 7 ... They offered 135 and want 125. So, to offer a spot to a wait-listed individual would require 11 rejections. If 4 more are required, we are currently sitting on 128 individuals remaining with people like you and I still trapped in a maze trying to figure out which school to choose. I'd say it's going well for the list thus far.

I don't think they offered 135 2 weeks ago I asked and they told me 8 people had declined.

Sorry ... I was going off the number you gave us some pages back where you said they told you 135 and that you were 136. If that spring break block of interviews did occur as somebody claimed, it's possible that they fell in love with a candidate. That could explain 4 remaining after receiving 8 declines.

Last edited:
I'm currently a freshman at UT and I'm planning to apply to UT CoP this year. What are my chances of getting in? I'm very uncertain about whether or not I should wait another year to apply.

My GPA is above average, but I don't have any pharmacy experience and I can't think of anyone that would write me letters of recommendations. When do people usually get their LoR? I'm a licensed pharmacy technician and I'm planning to get a job this summer and hopefully volunteer at various clinics also. Is it a bad idea that I'm cramming all of my pharmacy experiences into one summer and also taking the PCAT at once? Should I wait another year?

From all I've been reading on this thread, it seems that most of the applicants usually apply after getting their bachelors or apply during their junior or senior year.

Hi almeyen,

I am currently a sophomore at the University of Houston and I've been admitted to the University of Texas COP class of 2017. It is definitely possible to complete all the requirements by the end of your sophomore year it will just take a great deal of focus on your part. Summer after freshmen year I took multiple summer classes while working as a certified pharm-tech and studying for the PCAT. You will have to make some sacrifices but it will more than pay off. I suggest you get involved with volunteering and using your license early. My interview was heavily geared towards work and volunteer experience. You can turn any situation around to something positive, applying as a sophomore shows determination. Luckily for us, UT understands that so they won't write you off because of your age. Best of luck!

This is becoming comical ... am I the only one who didn't receive their "individualized acceptance letter" by email as of tonight? Maybe by Tuesday/Wednesday they meant any Tuesday/Wednesday through July ... yeah, I bet that's it. I suppose they still have an hour and 15 minutes to get it to me haha.

This is becoming comical ... am I the only one who didn't receive their "individualized acceptance letter" by email as of tonight? Maybe by Tuesday/Wednesday they meant any Tuesday/Wednesday through July ... yeah, I bet that's it. I suppose they still have an hour and 15 minutes to get it to me haha.

Same. It may seem like the school is disorganized, but some other programs took MONTHS to get back to me regarding very simple questions. There is no doubt UT is an all star school, so keep a cool head about the situation. There are much bigger things to worry about.

Sorry ... I was going off the number you gave us some pages back where you said they told you 135 and that you were 136. If that spring break block of interviews did occur as somebody claimed, it's possible that they fell in love with a candidate. That could explain 4 remaining after receiving 8 declines.

I think they lied to me!

For people who have been accepted: Is there a certain date by which you must claim admission offer or deny it? Those of us on the waitlist are curious and anxious!!

We were told our packets would arrive in March at which point, if UT is like every other school, they'll give us a date to put a deposit down by. If we get an email earlier than the packet about it, I'll let you know. Don't forget, spots still open up closer and closer to the start of the school year, as many people have more than one deposit down to give them more time to really break down their decision.

We also received an email with all the acceptance materials; one of the documents asks us to send in a card indicating that we plan on enrolling for Fall 2013 and agreeing to a few terms and conditions. At the bottom, it says, "Return this card by April 22nd to ensure your place in the Fall 2013 class." .. So I'm guessing April 22nd is the day everyone should have a solid answer.

Either way, where the heck are the acceptance emails? To skimp on the hardcopy letters was already annoying enough, but to send the electronic acceptance letters later than the date that they quoted 3 days ago is kind of a slap in the face. smh.. Whatever. Over it.

Yeah, I would've also loved a physical copy. I understand it doesn't mean a lot to some people but I think it represents a certain pride to other people. Sure, we can print it... but it's just not the same as a paper printed from UT college of pharmacy printer! I don't mind the other question/"sign this" papers... I just want a physical copy of the acceptance letter. :(

I also am pretty disappointed with how UT is handling the process. Aside from the plans that keep getting pushed back, seems like they can't even predict what will happen in 2 days. I would understand if this is some new school, but UT college of pharmacy is pretty old. We're not like the 4th class or something... they should have all this figured out by now.

oh wellz, All we can do is wait. Doesn't seem like they're answering emails about the process either....

Yeah, I would've also loved a physical copy. I understand it doesn't mean a lot to some people but I think it represents a certain pride to other people. Sure, we can print it... but it's just not the same as a paper printed from UT college of pharmacy printer! I don't mind the other question/"sign this" papers... I just want a physical copy of the acceptance letter. :(

I also am pretty disappointed with how UT is handling the process. Aside from the plans that keep getting pushed back, seems like they can't even predict what will happen in 2 days. I would understand if this is some new school, but UT college of pharmacy is pretty old. We're not like the 4th class or something... they should have all this figured out by now.

oh wellz, All we can do is wait. Doesn't seem like they're answering emails about the process either....

All that matters is the academic rigor and we know Texas has it. The admissions process is always a pain but some schools are worse, trust me.

Anyone else having trouble opening the official acceptance letter attachments as well as all of the other attachments that were sent a few days back?

You got your official acceptance email already?
The files that had no extension from Monday's email can be opened using ms word.

you can open the file using microsoft word. Seems really unprofessional sending mystery format files. What the heck program are they using?

The acceptance letter is uber short. It says congrats and says your acceptance is based on the assumption that you will finish all your spring/summer classes with a C or above, and finish all your requirement. Asks you to send in the items requested in the earlier emails.

... which I'm totally freaking out about because I dropped a class recently and I thought it would be okay since it wasn't a pre-rec or something. I hope I'm okay?

You got your official acceptance email already?
The files that had no extension from Monday's email can be opened using ms word.

Correct. I received it a few hour ago. Microsoft Word worked for opening the files, thank you.

you can open the file using microsoft word. Seems really unprofessional sending mystery format files. What the heck program are they using?

The acceptance letter is uber short. It says congrats and says your acceptance is based on the assumption that you will finish all your spring/summer classes with a C or above, and finish all your requirement. Asks you to send in the items requested in the earlier emails.

... which I'm totally freaking out about because I dropped a class recently and I thought it would be okay since it wasn't a pre-rec or something. I hope I'm okay?

I did the same thing. I hope we will be fine.

They could have exported the main file from xml to pdf instead of sending the whole messy package, especially if you try to open it on a MAC. Maybe running out of time? Well, it was Friday evening and they were still at work! :)

Has anyone been sent the link to fill out the residency information? They said in an email that we would be automatically classified as out-of-state residents unless we fill out some form. I'm sure most of you are like me and have lived in Texas for most of your lives and would like to clarify this so you don't have to pay more money...

Has anyone been sent the link to fill out the residency information? They said in an email that we would be automatically classified as out-of-state residents unless we fill out some form. I'm sure most of you are like me and have lived in Texas for most of your lives and would like to clarify this so you don't have to pay more money...

Log in here: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/admission/02/ to check and see what your "Residency Status" is. (Lower right box) If it needs to be fixed, use this link: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/student/residency/ to file a residency appeal. :D

Log in here: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/admission/02/ to check and see what your "Residency Status" is. (Lower right box) If it needs to be fixed, use this link: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/student/residency/ to file a residency appeal. :D

At least some of you seem to have a status haha ... I followed the link and got this "We are unable to check the status of your application for admission" on my status page. I am being comforted by my message expressing my need for a meningitis vaccination.

I'm really concerned that Dpdominguez hasn't been accepted off the wait list yet.

I'm really concerned that Dpdominguez hasn't been accepted off the wait list yet.

You shouldn't be concerned. You said you weren't going to give up your spot for me! :oops:.. No but in all seriousness I'm still hoping several people will give up their spots. I'm only 3 people away now. :/

You shouldn't be concerned. You said you weren't going to give up your spot for me! :oops:.. No but in all seriousness I'm still hoping several people will give up their spots. I'm only 3 people away now. :/

haha ... i'm pretty sure my pal bob there did give up his spot. you're sitting pretty dp. there are still a few of us on here who aren't committed yet, and i'm sure others not on here are in the same boat. stay positive!

I called and said I will only give up my spot if domingo could have it. Didn't they email you yet?

haha ... i'm pretty sure my pal bob there did give up his spot. you're sitting pretty dp. there are still a few of us on here who aren't committed yet, and i'm sure others not on here are in the same boat. stay positive!

I called and said I will only give up my spot if domingo could have it. Didn't they email you yet?

Nope not yet! haha well thanks almost there!

Files without an extension are usually created via a Mac; this is a very common occurrence for files pre-OS X and not so "unprofessional" as you call it.

Files without an extension are usually created via a Mac; this is a very common occurrence for files pre-OS X and not so "unprofessional" as you call it.

I'd still say that an acceptance letter sent as a Word document is still a bit unprofessional... If they're not gonna mail us a hard copy, a PDF file would have been a tad more professional...

So just to make sure ... If we already have attended UT, than we do not have to pay the enrollment deposit?

I'm guessing that the enrollment deposit is something the university mandates, not the college. So if you've already attended UT, you already paid that deposit once before.

I'm a former UT student (Graduated with BS in 2012) and I do not have deposit to pay at this time.

Does anyone know if the 2017 class Facebook page has been created? I will need to get an apartment and find a roommate to share :annoyed:

From what I have heard, there were 140 offers sent out of which 13 rejected. There are currently 127 people who have accepted and the incoming class is typically maxed out at 125. This is most likely why the list has not moved, but do not worry some people hear back through the summer so just be patient.