University of Tennesse College of Pharmacy c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrCoolDPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for class of 2017. Thought I would start one. I plan on applying to it in the fall.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying as well. While memphis isn't ideal, the new facilities at the pharmacy school are absolutely gorgeous.

I agree! I just submitted my app for early decision. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree about the location, but the building and program seems to be top ranked! Everyone I know who has went there has nothing bad to say about it! What is your alls stats?

My roommate is actually starting there this year, so it should be interesting to get her insight directly. I've been getting my undergrad in memphis, so I'm pretty familiar with the school and the area. Like I said, the city isn't ideal, but it is by NO means a deal breaker, as the school is excellent and has a great reputation. Plus, with regards to hospital experience, there is PLENTY in memphis, with The MED, VA, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Methodist University Hospital, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital all being extremely close to the campus and offering the students excellent experience.
With regards to stats, though, I have a prelim. PCAT of 87 and an overall GPA of 3.64, and a science GPA of 3.599.
UT isn't my TOP choice, solely because it would require me going out of state (or changing my residency), but I'd say it's a close second choice to UF at the moment.

Thanks for the information! Primarily, UT is my top choice as well. However, my second choice will be a three year program!! Just because I would like to do a residency. Graduating early would be great in that aspect! I'm taking the pcat in September. Will you be applying with or without a degree?

Thanks for the information! Primarily, UT is my top choice as well. However, my second choice will be a three year program!! Just because I would like to do a residency. Graduating early would be great in that aspect! I'm taking the pcat in September. Will you be applying with or without a degree?

A three year program would be nice!
I'll be applying with a degree: a bs in biochemistry and molecular biology. what about you?

I am applying with a degree as well. It is a bs in bio and minor in chem.

Has anyone submitted their application/heard anything about interviews yet?

I haven't submitted my application yet. Im not sure if i will end up applying to UT. Have you submitted?

Yeah. It was mailed on 8/8. Not sure if they've received my July PCAT scores yet.
You should totally apply though! UT's awesome!

I agree with you there! I am really interested in the clinical aspect their curriculum is based on. I am just worried about the pcat. I'm taking it in Sept. How was your July test?

Sorry for the late response! I think it went pretty well. Low 80s composite. Guess that's below average for sdn lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite for October 5th!!! ^_^ Good luck to all the applicants!

Has anyone else gotten the same email several times from UTHSC?
I've gotten the same email about the receipt of my application three different times. Literally the exact same email. I don't know what's going on with that, but I hope it isn't indicative of some sort of issue down the line. :shrug:

Yeah same here. Supposedly it's a system error theyre trying to fix. Wanda said it's nothing for us to worry about! =)

Does anyone else have an interview/ plan to apply? =/

Thanks AE! Hopefully you'll hear from them soon =)

Yeah! I got the acceptance call a few hours after the interview. Hella fast!

Just received an interview invite today for November 15th! Good luck everyone.

I will be interviewing on Nov 15 too. Best of luck to everyone!

Yay~ just got an interview invitation today for Feb. 7th:)
I'm so excited for the interview XD

Can anybody give me any tips for the interview?
how formal do I have to be dressed up?
and, did you guys bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes for the 90 min tour?

Congrats!!! You'll do well!

The interview is hella laid back. From what I remember:
-They'll welcome you
-There will be a presentation conducted by the students about the university, etc
-you interview
-tour
-DONE!

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. My interview was with a student and faculty member and lasted about 15-20 mins (felt like 20 seconds lol).

They really didn't ask me hardcore questions. Just the basics: why pharmacy, hobbies, etc. Just review this link: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/utenn-pharm/survey/26
It definitely helped me prepare for potential interview questions.

I wore a skirt suit with heels. MY FEET WERE KILLING ME during the tour. Please bring an extra pair of comfortable shoes. Wish that I remembered to do that (lesson learned).

How others dressed for the interview varied, but everyone wore the basics: Nice pants/skirt and a nice top. Treat it like a job interview.

Hope this helped some?

For the interview, I would say dress professionally. The tour on the Knoxville campus takes less than a half hour so I don't know if that changes your opinion on what shoes to wear. For the interview, be prepared to answer the basic questions like why pharmacy, why UT, and why you would be a good fit for the program, etc...

My best advice is to be yourself and ask any questions you may have. The pharmacy students and faculty are there to help and are more than happy to answer any questions.

On a separate note, is there a facebook page or anything for the UT COP 2017 class? And anyone on here plan on moving to the Knoxville campus after P1?

thank you both, vandygirl11 and beele1ar :D!!

sounds like everyone is really nice and laid back
i hope that ll loosen me up XD
i guess i ll start preparing myself for the interview!
and thank you again for the tips:D

If anyone who got accepted can post their stats like gpa and pcat that would be awesome :) I tried to look for their average PCAT score online and couldn't find it.

Thank you that was helpful. I was wondering what the average PCAT score was. I got an interview invite but wanted to know how competitive of an applicant I was.

Yay! I have received an interview on Feb. 7 as well. Congrats to those who have interviews and to those who have already been accepted. For those who have already had interviews, are there any essay questions?

I saw the deadline was extended for ut and I was considering sending an app but I'm short on my prereqs. Grades and pcats are excellent. Is it worth it?

Interview concluded around 1pm and I received my acceptance call at 3pm. YAY!!!! I'm so excited!

congrats to futurepharm01 and all others who got accepted:)
i also interviewed today and received an acceptance phone call around 3pm:)

I also got the acceptance call at around 3pm. I was also in group B!!

To those of you who got accepted, have you received the additional information (student ID, computer ID, enrollment deposit, etc.)?
If you did, then how long did it take you to receive it?

I've got an interview on the 28th in Memphis. So far I'm very pleased with the people at UT that I've communicated with thus far. Here's to hoping (as this is pretty much my last interview opportunity for entry this fall).

I got my net Id and stuff about a week after my acceptance and before I mailed in my conformation of acceptance

Just got back from my interview and got accepted into the program!