General Admissions & OTCAS University of St.Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thefutureisot

Reaction score
Hi here again just to make a post bringing awareness to how sucky USAHS is as a 2nd term student. PLEASE if you can... attend any other school avoid USAHS at all cost. Especially if you are a minority.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just applied for this school so I am very curious to hear what you have to say. I am a minority too. Could you give us some details on why you're sharing this warning? And I'm sorry to hear you're having a less than good experience.

Thanks!

They have it out for minorities not to be successful in their program. When you notice something off about the feedback they give you and you notice your peers who are not a minority are getting graded different than you. When you raise awareness you are labeled as unprofessional. If you suffer from any mental health disorder that would need accommodations they do not care at all. Accommodations will reach out if you reach out to them but of course it won’t be helpful to you. Oh this isn’t a minority problem but majority of the professors can’t teach. They have their “specializations” but will be teaching classes they aren’t specialized in so they are either giving you wrong information which could potentially affect you in your future terms or out on fieldwork. The school is a mess . I regret moving over 1,000 miles to attend my school. I literally don’t even know who i am anymore or know if i want to be an OT all because of this crazy experience at USAHS. It’s totally not worth it financially, mentally or physically for anyone to attend that school let alone minorities the school sucks and should be a last resort type of thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have it out for minorities not to be successful in their program. When you notice something off about the feedback they give you and you notice your peers who are not a minority are getting graded different than you. When you raise awareness you are labeled as unprofessional. If you suffer from any mental health disorder that would need accommodations they do not care at all. Accommodations will reach out if you reach out to them but of course it won’t be helpful to you. Oh this isn’t a minority problem but majority of the professors can’t teach. They have their “specializations” but will be teaching classes they aren’t specialized in so they are either giving you wrong information which could potentially affect you in your future terms or out on fieldwork. The school is a mess . I regret moving over 1,000 miles to attend my school. I literally don’t even know who i am anymore or know if i want to be an OT all because of this crazy experience at USAHS. It’s totally not worth it financially, mentally or physically for anyone to attend that school let alone minorities the school sucks and should be a last resort type of thing.
I felt weird vibes from them when I was talking to the advisor. He was really negative with me. He wasn’t giving me any feedback. I ended up getting rejected. But after reading forms, I saw a lot of people that got accepted with extremely lower gpas than mine and I realized that it was probably a race thing. Getting rejected from there really lowered my confidence in this whole application process.

Reactions: 1 user
I felt weird vibes from them when I was talking to the advisor. He was really negative with me. He wasn’t giving me any feedback. I ended up getting rejected. But after reading forms, I saw a lot of people that got accepted with extremely lower gpas than mine and I realized that it was probably a race thing. Getting rejected from there really lowered my confidence in this whole application process.
I’m sorry you had to experience that but please take it as you dodged a bullet. I regret putting myself in this much debt to come to this ****ty program