University of St. Augustine Spring 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
After long weeks of waiting... I finally got acceptance to San Marcos!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo woo! Just got in to San Marcos as well!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted to San Marcos!!!! :):):)

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted to the MOT program for the SM campus!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! Still waiting for st Augustine campus. The anxiety is killing me!

also definitely check your portal first because I haven't received an email yet, but my portal says I'm accepted

Accepted to USA San Marcos! See everyone in January! Congrats to all! It's been well worth the wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So for those accepted (probably a dumb question) but did you reply to the email from Jenn Finn at all? Also, have those who were accepted to the other campus a week or 2 ago gotten their emails for deposits and the other enrollment forms?

Congrats everyone!! .. For those who have not posted already can you share your stats ? Thank you!

I got my acceptance email for the San Marcos campus!! I hope you guys all get in too!!!

Congrats everyone!! .. For those who have not posted already can you share your stats ? Thank you!

Overall GPA: 3.3
Last 45 GPA: 3.75
Prerequisite GPA: 3.3
GRE: 302 and 5 in writing
Hours: +1200 in outpatient ortho

was just waitlisted at San Marcos for DPT..... now to wait even longer -_-
To anyone who knows, I heard if you are wait listed then you are automatically granted an interview for the next semester. is that true?

Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats? thank you

Thanks!! I don`t mind!

Overall: 3.18
PreReq: 3.36
GRE: 303 and 4 in writing
Hours:1500+ hours in Outpatient and Inpatient

I received an interview invitation today for San Marcos! I'm getting nervous, but super excited at the same time. For those of you who have interviewed already, how was your interview like? Did you have to write an essay for the interview? What kind of questions were asked? Were there any difficult interview questions? or were they more of general questions? This is going to be my first interview, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

By the way, congratulations to those of you who received acceptance letter!

Finally actually joined SDN (even though I've been reading this thread for some time now:)), so this is a little late in me saying, but I got into the Austin campus DPT program for January 2017!
Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi
Congrats to those who got accepted.
I have a question and i hope you guys have the answer. My portal from last night just went blank, and it does not show my status anymore!! Do you know why?!

Hi
Congrats to those who got accepted.
I have a question and i hope you guys have the answer. My portal from last night just went blank, and it does not show my status anymore!! Do you know why?!

I'm not sure..maybe they're updating your page? Have you gotten your admission decision yet?
Both my application portal (online.usa.edu) and my USA student portal (my.USA.edu) are still working/showing info.

So for those accepted (probably a dumb question) but did you reply to the email from Jenn Finn at all? Also, have those who were accepted to the other campus a week or 2 ago gotten their emails for deposits and the other enrollment forms?

I didn't respond to my admission email, as it said to send an email only if you were declining. I was accepted into the Austin campus about two weeks ago and I have not yet received the follow up email regarding tuition deposits etc.

I'm not sure..maybe they're updating your page? Have you gotten your admission decision yet?
Both my application portal (online.usa.edu) and my USA student portal (my.USA.edu) are still working/showing info.
For over 3 months my application status is "under review", and all of the sudden without any emails, my portal disapear. I have to wait until tuesday

I received an interview invitation today for San Marcos! I'm getting nervous, but super excited at the same time. For those of you who have interviewed already, how was your interview like? Did you have to write an essay for the interview? What kind of questions were asked? Were there any difficult interview questions? or were they more of general questions? This is going to be my first interview, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

When I had my interview, it was pretty laid back. We didn't have to write an essay. I've heard from different interviewees that we all received different questions depending on which professor interviewed us. However, there's a post by Meant2BDPT that had a list of questions that I thought were helpful for preparing for the interview.

Here is a list of questions that someone passed along from another program but I feel that they helped me. They are all very typical interview questions.

Why do you want to become a PT?

Why do you want to attend this program ?

What does integrity mean to you?

How do you handle stress?

Are there any areas of specialty you are interested?

What are your extracurricular activites?

How have you dealt with difficult situations?

What does integrity mean ?

What do you consider leadership and an example?

What is one of your weaknesses?

Describe a current political issue in the healthcare/physical therapy?

What about physical therapy interests you?

Do you work better in a group or by yourself and why?

Whats your favorite food?

Chunky or creamy peanut butter?

What would you bring to a picnic?

If you were any type of cereal, what type would you be and why?

Why do tennis balls have fur on them?

Interview was fairly casual. No essay. I interviewed with one other female, and we were interviewed by one professor. Questions were general and asked in a conversational way. Why do you want to be a pt, why St Augustine, when was a time you struggled with school and how did you overcome it. Things like that. Just be relaxed, be yourself and interact with your interview partner as well so the interviewer can see that you're paying attention and can interact well. It was definitely not an intimidating experience

I'm accepted to Austin and no, I havent gotten any email since being accepted

Maybe tomorrow will be the day... :thinking:

Anyone for the San Marcos Campus looking for a roommate? I'm searching for one to make living more affordable out there haha!

Anyone for the San Marcos Campus looking for a roommate? I'm searching for one to make living more affordable out there haha!

Has anyone made a Facebook page for it? I think it will be way easier on that!

Has anyone made a Facebook page for it? I think it will be way easier on that!

I was just about to say a Facebook page would probably be easier. But I'm not sure how to even know if one was already made? There are probably a lot of people that were accepted that aren't on this forum!

I was just about to say a Facebook page would probably be easier. But I'm not sure how to even know if one was already made? There are probably a lot of people that were accepted that aren't on this forum!

I didn`t see one when I was just looking it up right now so I can just make one.

It says I need to have at least one person already so if you guys have a Facebook, you can give me you name or email?

I didn`t see one when I was just looking it up right now so I can just make one.

It says I need to have at least one person already so if you guys have a Facebook, you can give me you name or email?

Ryan Schrader
If you type Colorado State with that should find me haha

Hardeep Gill

If you've already made it just let me know what you called the group so I can search for it!

St Augustine just emailed my acceptance so decisions should be coming out

I got accepted to the St. Augustine Campus!!!!

Last edited:
Still under review on mine ughhhh probably means I got denied

Last edited:
Still under review on mine ughhhh probably means I got denied
Check your email. My portal also says that my application is under review, but I did receive an email from Emily saying that I was accepted.

I'm in the same boat DPTplease. No email and my portal still says under review.

I'm in the same boat DPTplease. No email and my portal still says under review.
That makes me feel better, maybe they sent out a group tonight and the next group will be tomorrow.

Same here! No email yet. Fingers crossed there are still more emails to come. Don't lose hope!

Under the Application Overview tab on the portal it says "Your application has been reviewed and a decision has been made." But then I click view admissions decision and it still says under review. Anybody else get that?

Under the Application Overview tab on the portal it says "Your application has been reviewed and a decision has been made." But then I click view admissions decision and it still says under review. Anybody else get that?
mine was like from after I got the interview email until I got accepted.