University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where is everyone applying to and what program? I'm applying for Austin DPT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Florida DPT

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying to San Marcus and Florida for DPT for next summer or fall semester

I'm applying to Austin for next fall! Considered summer but my job would probably hate me if I leave that early, hahahaha. Also it's nice to have some pressure off when you don't have EVERYTHING due October 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Austin DPT will go to Florida if need be… planning on applying Oct 1st for 2016 Summer! Im excited but nervous!

I just got an email from the contact at Austin campus and she said that invitations will be given via email. Has anyone received an invite yet? She hasn't told me yet whether or not the invites have been issued.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email from the contact at Austin campus and she said that invitations will be given via email. Has anyone received an invite yet? She hasn't told me yet whether or not the invites have been issued.
nothing yet

Nothing either.I'm retaking my GRE by the end of this month and she told me it was fine since they take about 8 weeks or so to make decisions. Now I'm kinda worried, hope they aren't sending them out already :X

Last edited:
I haven't gotten anything yet either. Again, Erika told me that we would be notified in August

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview!!! Just got the email

I got an interview!!! Just got the email
Congrats!

From what I remember last cycle, Florida heard way earlier than Austin? I may be wrong

Reactions: 1 users
Was this for Austin campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I wonder if they're sending out MOT invites soon too then!

..I'm probably the only MOT applicant here

Last edited:
Congrats! I wonder if they're sending out MOT invites soon too then!

..I'm probably the only MOT applicant here

I'm also an MOT applicant. I applied to the San Marcos campus and got an interview via email today.

I am an MOT applicant, as well. Still waiting to hear something! I applied for Fall 2015 but decided to move my application materials to the next cycle to strengthen my application. Hopefully they have everything. I am waiting on an observation form and a recommendation but I saw that you can have those done after the deadline. Let me know if you all hear anything and good luck!!!

For those of you who have received an invitation to interview did your admission decision change on the USA website?

Applied to Florida campus and have not heard anything. Anyone else apply to that campus and not heard back yet?

Hi. I applied for the Fall 2015 class and was invited for an interview, but about 3 days before my interview they notified me that the fall class was full and my interview would be for the Spring 2016. I went to the interview on June 12th and heard back 5 weeks later that I was accepted. The interview was not bad at all. I went into it really nervous, but the faculty are awesome and it was great. The personal interview was really relaxed and i enjoyed it. If you have any questions about the interview or anything like that I will try my best to help answer them!

Applied to Florida campus and have not heard anything. Anyone else apply to that campus and not heard back yet?

Have you heard about interviews or anything at all? I am in a weird position...applied for fall, got an interview and was wait listed. I was recently told all spots are full for fall but have not been told what is going on. I was told once that my application would be rolled to spring 2016 but cannot get anyone to confirm that for me. Just trying to figure out where applicants for the spring class are...have you guys had interviews yet? did they give you an estimated time frame at all?

Any help or information you can give me would be appreciated! Thank you :)

Hi. I applied for the Fall 2015 class and was invited for an interview, but about 3 days before my interview they notified me that the fall class was full and my interview would be for the Spring 2016. I went to the interview on June 12th and heard back 5 weeks later that I was accepted. The interview was not bad at all. I went into it really nervous, but the faculty are awesome and it was great. The personal interview was really relaxed and i enjoyed it. If you have any questions about the interview or anything like that I will try my best to help answer them!

you were accepted for spring? Which campus was this interview for? Congrats on the acceptance btw!

Congrats lje12! I was in the same boat as you; applied for Fall, was offered an interview-June 12, then found out it would be for Spring 2016 instead. They emailed me a few days ago that I was accepted! I agree, my interview wasn't bad either. I was super nervous, but it was not as scary as I thought it was going to be.

faith_PT: Mine is for the St. Augustine, FL campus

you were accepted for spring? Which campus was this interview for? Congrats on the acceptance btw!
my interview was for the st augustine, fl campus. i was accpeted! thanks!

Hi! Was the essay timed?

Have you heard about interviews or anything at all? I am in a weird position...applied for fall, got an interview and was wait listed. I was recently told all spots are full for fall but have not been told what is going on. I was told once that my application would be rolled to spring 2016 but cannot get anyone to confirm that for me. Just trying to figure out where applicants for the spring class are...have you guys had interviews yet? did they give you an estimated time frame at all?

Any help or information you can give me would be appreciated! Thank you :)
Hi! I was invited to an interview for August 7

Hi! I was invited to an interview for August 7
ok thanks :) glad to know they are still doing interviews for spring. I already did my interview back for the fall class and was told my application/interview would just get rolled to spring when they notified me the fall class was full. Hoping that's the case!! But hearing about some of these changes worries me...no more essay? application process changing? I just hope the fact that I did everything before it all changed won't affect anything!

Has anyone heard back from the Fl flex DPT program yet?

Mine has not changed at all and I have not heard anything from Austin DPT.

Hm. In my email for the interview invitation, it says we still have an essay. But they honestly could've used an old draft of the email and sent it out without realizing they need to remove the essay part of it. So who knows?? Maybe there is one maybe there's not!

hi! Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the biomechanics substitution for physics. I'm taking a biomechanics for sport class and am hoping it will fulfill my second physics requirement. I originally tried to apply for spring 2016 but decided to wait til October. When I spoke with Jocelyn she could not tell me whether this class was acceptable or not. any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hi! Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the biomechanics substitution for physics. I'm taking a biomechanics for sport class and am hoping it will fulfill my second physics requirement. I originally tried to apply for spring 2016 but decided to wait til October. When I spoke with Jocelyn she could not tell me whether this class was acceptable or not. any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I was able to substitute Applied Biomechanics for my physics course at the Florida campus

MSC in a previous post you said that Erika told you that we wouldn't hear back until August right? Is there just one interview for the Florida campus? I'm getting a little concerned because if the interview is the 7th that's only one week away. I figured they would let people know by now if they got an interview...

I was able to substitute Applied Biomechanics for my physics course at the Florida campus
thank you! good luck to you at the interview!

i called the other day and was informed that Erika no longer works with them. They transferred me to the woman in Cali and she said she really didn't know much and couldn't tell what was going on with the applications !?!? I applied for the flex program though

I contacted the DPT flex program director today because I too have been emailing and leaving voicemails for Erika over the past 5 months without a reply. They confirmed that she is no longer working there and at the moment they do not have an admissions councilor. Emily Staub is filling in for the time being and they provided me with her email address estaub.usa.edu.

I was able to speak with her and she informed me that interviews, as of now, will take place on Sept 26th for the Spring 2016 DPT flex program in Florida. All applicants that are invited for interviews will be notified by email if they are selected. Luckily she was kind enough to let me know that I have been selected for interview, but I would still like to see an email in my inbox.

I just received an invitation to interview for Austin DPT on August 14th.

I contacted the DPT flex program director today because I too have been emailing and leaving voicemails for Erika over the past 5 months without a reply. They confirmed that she is no longer working there and at the moment they do not have an admissions councilor. Emily Staub is filling in for the time being and they provided me with her email address estaub.usa.edu.

I was able to speak with her and she informed me that interviews, as of now, will take place on Sept 26th for the Spring 2016 DPT flex program in Florida. All applicants that are invited for interviews will be notified by email if they are selected. Luckily she was kind enough to let me know that I have been selected for interview, but I would still like to see an email in my inbox.
Thank you so much for the info. I just tried calling her maybe she will get back with me soon!

I just got an interview to Austin as well!!!!! So excited. God is good

Reactions: 4 users
Interview for Austin as well!

Reactions: 4 users
MSC in a previous post you said that Erika told you that we wouldn't hear back until August right? Is there just one interview for the Florida campus? I'm getting a little concerned because if the interview is the 7th that's only one week away. I figured they would let people know by now if they got an interview...
Hello, yes that's what she told me but I guess they notified people earlier. I don't know if there's multiple interview dates. Maybe you could call and ask? I confirmed my interview date yesterday. Maybe check your spam folder?

First off, congrats to all you guys with interviews! So I emailed Emily and asked if there were multiple interview dates for the Florida campus and when I would hear back and she basically said they were just starting their evaluations and to be patient... This school is so frustrating. Feel like I'm getting the run around with everyone I talk to.

Congrats to everyone! Definitely a big accomplishment! I applied to the Austin DPT program, and if you don't mind me asking what your pre-requisite GPA and cGPA was? You don't have to answer, I just am really nervous after seeing some people get interviews. Thank you, and congratulations again!

First off, congrats to all you guys with interviews! So I emailed Emily and asked if there were multiple interview dates for the Florida campus and when I would hear back and she basically said they were just starting their evaluations and to be patient... This school is so frustrating. Feel like I'm getting the run around with everyone I talk to.
haha i emailed her too and pretty much got the same exact response! I think having someone leave in the middle of an application period was just terrible, esp since she was the admissions coordinator. I guess all we can do is wait.