University of St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One person above got rejected and another waitlisted, but I'm still waiting. this is ridiculous, shouldn't wait over 4 weeks for an email
I got my official acceptance last Thursday, it is kinda nuts for you guys because I know that your life is kinda dependent on this right now. If you would be willing to look into the Miami campus I would just reach out and let them know if that would change the response time or if it was an option that you would be willing to go out there. The new building is AMAZING and housing and everything honestly runs about the same. It's a little bit smaller of a staff because its a newer location but majority of them are USA grads, UM grads, and NOVA grads. There are also a ton more networking opps locally there if you rather shadow something close and what not!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear back from the Austin campus, or find out anything about when we may hear back?

Just got my official acceptance letter for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Fall Class of 2018 at the Austin, TX Campus of USAHS!!
Got the email just a few minutes ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my official acceptance letter for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Fall Class of 2018 at the Austin, TX Campus of USAHS!!
congrats! I just interviewed with Miami campus on 4/14, and my anxiety is through the roof, what were your stats if you don't mind?

congrats! I just interviewed with Miami campus on 4/14, and my anxiety is through the roof, what were your stats if you don't mind?

Cum GPA 3.48
Science GPA 3.6
GRE V151 Q150 Writing 5.5
Hours of observation 250
3 letters of rec 1PT, 1 Professor & 1 Employer

Cum GPA 3.48
Science GPA 3.6
GRE V151 Q150 Writing 5.5
Hours of observation 250
3 letters of rec 1PT, 1 Professor & 1 Employer
Thanks a lot, yeah my Cum is nowhere near yours (3.03ish), but my Pre-reqs are at 3.7+ and my GRE is at 315 and 4.5 and i have about 790+ hours in 4 different settings...so hopefully that makes up for it

Thanks a lot, yeah my Cum is nowhere near yours (3.03ish), but my Pre-reqs are at 3.7+ and my GRE is at 315 and 4.5 and i have about 790+ hours in 4 different settings...so hopefully that makes up for it
yeah honestly my stats are pretty average. I just had really interesting/different Observation experiences that every School really liked and I also worked really hard on my essays.

yeah honestly my stats are pretty average. I just had really interesting/different Observation experiences that every School really liked and I also worked really hard on my essays.
for sure, yeah my essay was pretty good too, and I have the fact that I work for the VA, so we'll see...so are you going to be accepting your spot?

Congrats!! My stats are really similar to yours so you give me hope!!

Got an email back from Jill after sending her 2 emails.. (lol) and she said "unfortunately some applications are still under committee review."

Got an email back from Jill after sending her 2 emails.. (lol) and she said "unfortunately some applications are still under committee review."
Is that all she said, or did she say anything about when we decisions will be sent out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who was accepted at the Austin campus for fall 2018 heard when we will get our enrollment info for drug testing and the deposit?

Has anyone who was accepted at the Austin campus for fall 2018 heard when we will get our enrollment info for drug testing and the deposit?
In the email, it just says within a few weeks. I assume that we'll hear when they have completed interviews and fill the class!

Has anyone from summer acceptance received this info at all?

On Monday, I got an email from San Marcos offering me either a waitlist spot at their campus, or admission to the Austin for the Fall program! I chose to accept the Austin offer, since it was my second choice anyway and the email indicated that the waitlist isn't ranked. Good luck to all that are still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
I have been accepted to the Austin Campus for May. I have not yet accepted of denied because that's not even where I originally applied. Can someone tell me when the classes start in May and what they think about Austin? I have never been and may be accepting this blindly.

I have heard great things about Austin but nothing from the school. Can someone who went to the interview give me some insight please!

Hi! So I actually just recently moved to Austin Texas about a month ago, but prior to moving I had planned for it way in advance and visited quite a lot. I personally think it’s a great city, very health conscious, upbeat (hotttt if you enjoy the heat esp during summer, which I do), and there seems to always be something going on. Ton of people here as well. Main downfall I’ve experienced is the traffic sucksss during rush hour. The environment here is just awesome to me, as far as the campus it’s located south austin so about 10 min to downtown and the campus is neat bc i feel like it takes you away from the business of the city and is off and exit where it’s basiclslt just the campus. Which also consists of just the OT and PT program, however the school is planning to bring in a speech therapy program as well, so eventually those students will be there also. The campus is really clean and everyone (students and professors) seemed very helpful and welcoming and all had great things to say about the program there. I hope I helped some.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! So I actually just recently moved to Austin Texas about a month ago, but prior to moving I had planned for it way in advance and visited quite a lot. I personally think it’s a great city, very health conscious, upbeat (hotttt if you enjoy the heat esp during summer, which I do), and there seems to always be something going on. Ton of people here as well. Main downfall I’ve experienced is the traffic sucksss during rush hour. The environment here is just awesome to me, as far as the campus it’s located south austin so about 10 min to downtown and the campus is neat bc i feel like it takes you away from the business of the city and is off and exit where it’s basiclslt just the campus. Which also consists of just the OT and PT program, however the school is planning to bring in a speech therapy program as well, so eventually those students will be there also. The campus is really clean and everyone (students and professors) seemed very helpful and welcoming and all had great things to say about the program there. I hope I helped some.
Are you a current student there? May 2018 start?

Do you have any advice for us accepted to Fall start when it comes to housing, Facebook page, roommates, etc.? I was hoping to get in touch with a current student to answer a few of these questions!

Didn't they say they would create a Facebook group for us on the interview day at the Austin campus? Or are we expected to create one?

Didn't they say they would create a Facebook group for us on the interview day at the Austin campus? Or are we expected to create one?
I’m not sure! I remember the faculty bringing up the class Facebook page but I don’t remember saying if they would start one.

On Monday, I got an email from San Marcos offering me either a waitlist spot at their campus, or admission to the Austin for the Fall program! I chose to accept the Austin offer, since it was my second choice anyway and the email indicated that the waitlist isn't ranked. Good luck to all that are still waiting to hear back!
Hey congrats on the acceptance even if it is at austin and not San Marcos! Did you apply Flex or residential at San Marcos?

Just got my acceptance for San Marcos Fall 2018 flex program!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, I have also been accepted!

Congrats! If you guys have any questions or need any help feel free to message me. I’m about to finish my first term of the flex program at San Marcos.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm waiting to get those emails too for the St. Augustine campus. It kinda makes me nervous, I can't join the Facebook page to find a roommate until I pay the deposit, but I haven't gotten the email yet.

I'm waiting to get those emails too for the St. Augustine campus. It kinda makes me nervous, I can't join the Facebook page to find a roommate until I pay the deposit, but I haven't gotten the email yet.
When is the deposit due?

Did anyone that interviewed at the San Marcos location on April 13 hear back yet??

Has anyone accepted to San Marcos received the email with enrollment forms yet??

Has anyone accepted to San Marcos received the email with enrollment forms yet??
Hey are we supposed to make one ourselves? If that’s the case maybe I’ll make one for Fall 2018-Residential Austin!

Hey are we supposed to make one ourselves? If that’s the case maybe I’ll make one for Fall 2018-Residential Austin!

Not sure but I did it anyways ‍♂️

Has anyone made any Facebook for the St. Augustine Campus Fall 2018?

I have not yet gotten anything about the enrollment forms for San Marcos Fall 2018

Did your online portal change to Austin Tx when you got the official acceptance? Mine still says congrats on getting into Augustine, even tho they offered me a spot at Austin via email

Did your online portal change to Austin Tx when you got the official acceptance? Mine still says congrats on getting into Augustine, even tho they offered me a spot at Austin via email
Mine still says the original campus I applied to (San Marcos) as well, instead of Austin.

I’m not sure! I remember the faculty bringing up the class Facebook page but I don’t remember saying if they would start one.
I will be attending the Miami campus, I was told by staff that they would let me know by May 15 about where the fb page is and how to access resources for roommates and everything!

I will be attending the Miami campus, I was told by staff that they would let me know by May 15 about where the fb page is and how to access resources for roommates and everything!
I wonder if thats the same for St. Augustine campus students?

Has anyone heard back from Fall Flex at Austin? I interviewed on March 17th, so it's been 5 weeks.

Yes under admission decision it says congratulations on acceptance to Austin, TX September 6th cohort. Even though I originally applied to the St Aug Campus.

I got accepted mid March to the Fall residential program for the st augustine campus and paid my seat and there still is not a Facebook group or any info at all. I am also stressed to find roommates and everything so hopefully they will soon