General Admissions & OTCAS University of St. Augustine Admissions -- Current Stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INeedToChill

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm applying for Winter 2018 and Summer 2018 enrollment for University of St. Augustine, San Marcos. I took my GRE today, and I'm not happy with my score. I am definitely retaking the test next month for a higher score, but these are my stats as we speak:

Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.63 (retaking physics)
Cumulative GPA: ~2.8
Last 45-Unit GPA: 3.8
GRE: 293 (141V & 152Q) and 4.0 Writing
Observation/Volunteer Hours: 185 -- inpatient and outpatient hospital, gym, and peds

Despite having a decent GPA and observation hours, I'm very skeptic of getting at least an interview because of my GRE score. Will admissions look heavily on it? What is the likelihood of me getting admitted?

I'm also applying to Dominican University of California and Pacific University, which has no minimum requirements of the GRE. Please shed some light into this predicament, hahah! And also, any tips for GRE? My weakest point is the verbal assessment (especially the vocabulary). Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm applying for Winter 2018 and Summer 2018 enrollment for University of St. Augustine, San Marcos. I took my GRE today, and I'm not happy with my score. I am definitely retaking the test next month for a higher score, but these are my stats as we speak:

Pre-Requisite GPA: 3.63 (retaking physics)
Cumulative GPA: ~2.8
Last 45-Unit GPA: 3.8
GRE: 291 and 4.0 Writing
Observation/Volunteer Hours: 185

Despite having a decent GPA and observation hours, I'm very skeptic of getting at least an interview because of my GRE score. Will admissions look heavily on it? What is the likelihood of me getting admitted?

I'm also applying to Dominican University of California and Pacific University, which has no minimum requirements of the GRE. Please shed some light into this predicament, hahah! And also, any tips for GRE? My weakest point is the verbal assessment (especially the vocabulary). Thank you!

They said GRE was important when I applied. I retook the GRE and got a higher score and got in. This is for the FL campus. I emailed admissions about last class avg GRE etc. They were helpful. I had a similar upward trend in my GPA.