University of Southern Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey.. PharmDToBe .. My cGPA (US) is exactly the same .... How is your pre-req GPA? My interview is done. I am waiting for the decision.

My pre-req GPA was ~3.5, as I remember...and I knew about my acceptance 1 or 2 weeks after the interview...

When was your interview??

Members don't see this ad.

My pre-req GPA was ~3.5, as I remember...and I knew about my acceptance 1 or 2 weeks after the interview...

When was your interview??

Feb 9th... wow.. that fast?.. I heard nothing from them yet. I thought I would have to wait until April because I am not one of those with high GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in ! Hurray !

:love:

Congrats!!! :D Did he call you on a Sunday? :laugh: Just kidding!! :D I am sure it was probably not today that he called you. Well, I am just so jealous!! I am praying to be one of your classmates!! :thumbup:

I have already received an acceptance letter from my first choice. But I also applied to USN. Do you think I should go to the Interview if they Invite me?

I wouldn't mind having an excuse to go to Vegas again!

But I was out of town, came back today, checked the answering machine very late in the day, thought it was another bunch of telemarketing messages and .... voila !

I have already received an acceptance letter from my first choice. But I also applied to USN. Do you think I should go to the Interview if they Invite me?

I wouldn't mind having an excuse to go to Vegas again!

Save the spot for me!!! :D No need to go if you got accepted for your first choice right? :D Just take a trip to Vegas and leave the interview for me.:hardy: :D ha ha!!

Ghengis congrats on getting in! when did u have ur interview? also, if you don't mind sharing, what are ur stats??

GPA 3.9 overall, 3.95 in pre-reqs, BS in Biochemistry from UCSD. :love:

I am still waiting to hear back from them. I am not sure my stats will alow them to invite me.

Ghengis, were you able to get into UCSD with those amazing stats? After all, you GO to UCSD! And what about UCSF?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF and UCSD are 4 year schools. I have not applied to either of them.

UCSD requires pharmacy experience, I have none. Perhaps, I can get in, but still it is a 4-year school. That year makes all the difference.

UCSF is in a very expensive place. I don't think I can afford just the cost of living in San Francisco, with a tiny 1-bedroom at about $2000-2500 a month.

:love:

I just got the call from Dr. DeYoung, and I am in!!!!!!:love::love:

Hey guys, I had my interview at Nevada campus, and have never visited the Utah campus. Do you guys know anything about Utah campus? Is it a big school? or just one small building like Nevada campus? What are the negative and positive things about Nevada and Utah campuses? You guys wanna share? Thanks!

Just got a call maybe 30 minutes ago and I AM IN, baby!

For the ones who might be interested, I interviewed in Henderson on 2/9.
Good luck everyone, there is still quite a few interviews to go so don't lose hope!

Dr. deyoung called.... I am in am soo happy my stats 3.7 overall n 4.0 science n math

Just got a call maybe 30 minutes ago and I AM IN, baby!

For the ones who might be interested, I interviewed in Henderson on 2/9.
Good luck everyone, there is still quite a few interviews to go so don't lose hope!

Hey, I was at the same interview on 2/9. Congrats! which campus did u pick?

Also for others interested my stats: overall gpa 3.81 and science gpa 3.9!!! I am so excited!!!!:love::love:

Good luck to everyone else and don't lose hope!!!!

Hi, thank you and congratulations! I didn't expect the call that quickly! Actually, I thought that my interview went horribly so I was preparing myself for the worst.

Anyway, I'm going to choose the Utah campus. How about you?

Here are my stats, too, in case someone's interested: science GPA 4.0 (still have 3 classes to finish), overall (after academic forgiveness) 3.8.

Good luck and congrats to all that have already been accepted!

Hey Asia, I got a call from Dr. Deyoung today, too. But i don't know which campus to choose now. Why did you choose Utah campus?? what's good and bad about it??? I'm so un-decided.

Just got my phone call from dr Deyoung and I am in as well. Anyone interested I interviewed on Jan 26, overall gpa 3.69, sci 3.62, no Bachelors, and completed prerequisites. I had to use the academic forgiveness policy because my early college grades were extremely sub par(before interest in pharmacy). I would grade my interview performance as mediocre, and didn't feel at all like I nailed it. Hope those stats give some of you guys hope. I know that I felt intimidated going up against 4.0's w/prior degrees. Good luck to all the interviewees to come. Dr Deyoung told me that there is still plenty of seats available at both campuses.

Just got my phone call from dr Deyoung and I am in as well. Anyone interested I interviewed on Jan 26, overall gpa 3.69, sci 3.62, no Bachelors, and completed prerequisites. I had to use the academic forgiveness policy because my early college grades were extremely sub par(before interest in pharmacy). I would grade my interview performance as mediocre, and didn't feel at all like I nailed it. Hope those stats give some of you guys hope. I know that I felt intimidated going up against 4.0's w/prior degrees. Good luck to all the interviewees to come. Dr Deyoung told me that there is still plenty of seats available at both campuses.

Congrats!!! I hope I get a phone call :love:

Hi,
I think I interviewed right before you, if your name is Andy--saw an Andy on the roster of those interviewed on 1-26. Congratulations on your acceptance. USN was my 3rd choice UNTIL I interviewed, it quickly became my 1st choice and I am so hoping to get a call from Dr. DeYoung. I'm like you, I thought my interview went maybe a little above average. Keeping my fingers crossed I get in as I loved everything about the school, staff, faculty, students. I was pretty impressed.
Oh btw I'm posting under my mom's name, I'm not quite that old :)

Hi,
I think I interviewed right before you, if your name is Andy--saw an Andy on the roster of those interviewed on 1-26. Congratulations on your acceptance. USN was my 3rd choice UNTIL I interviewed, it quickly became my 1st choice and I am so hoping to get a call from Dr. DeYoung. I'm like you, I thought my interview went maybe a little above average. Keeping my fingers crossed I get in as I loved everything about the school, staff, faculty, students. I was pretty impressed.
Oh btw I'm posting under my mom's name, I'm not quite that old :)

I interviewed with Dr deyoung. If im thinking correctly your name is Ryan, and your from Arizona too? I believe that we were on the same campus tour as well. Good luck with everything!

Hey guys just got my acceptance call last night about 9:30.
4.0 science 3.9 overall no BS
interviewed on 1/26:laugh:

I interviewed with Dr deyoung. If im thinking correctly your name is Ryan, and your from Arizona too? I believe that we were on the same campus tour as well. Good luck with everything!
I'm not Ryan, I'm Ellen and I interviewed with Dr Deyoung too. Were you as impressed with the school as I was? I assume you'll be going to the Nevada school since you're from Arizona. I'm a few more miles away (Missouri). Well congrats again, and keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Hey Asia, I got a call from Dr. Deyoung today, too. But i don't know which campus to choose now. Why did you choose Utah campus?? what's good and bad about it??? I'm so un-decided.

Utah will simply be a better fit for me and my husband, plus, I really hate the desert :laugh:. The campuses are comparable - brand new buildings etc. but the Utah one is smaller, I think they're accepting only about 80 people, which works for me, too. SLC will probably be a little bit less expensive to live in but from my research you should be able to rent a 2-br appartment in either city for $700-800.

Check out the last year's threads, there were many posts on this topic. And most importantly, do the research on your own to decide what will work for you, www.city-data.com is a great source of information.

Good luck!

I'm not Ryan, I'm Ellen and I interviewed with Dr Deyoung too. Were you as impressed with the school as I was? I assume you'll be going to the Nevada school since you're from Arizona. I'm a few more miles away (Missouri). Well congrats again, and keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Im not sure if we met or not, but I see that you were 2 interviews before me on the blue interview schedule sheet we received in our USN packets. And Yes I will be going to the Nevada campus. Thanks for the congrats and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hello, I just received the call as well, so I thought it was time that I started posting. Dr Deyoung called me last night around 8:00pm.

Here are my stats:
Culmulative GPA: 3.93
Pre-req GPA: 4.00
BS in Zoology
Pharmacy experience: shadowing
volunteer experience at a wildlife rehabilitation center
leadership experience/extra curriculars: vice president of Oregon State University Mountain Club for a year, secretary for another year, and recruitment officer for another year

I was interviewed by Dr. Ziance and Deyoung said that he really liked my responses to the questions I was asked. I, too, felt that the interview went well.

I hope this information is useful to someone!

EDIT: I suppose I should add that I was interviewed on Feb 5th.

Save the spot for me!!! :D No need to go if you got accepted for your first choice right? :D Just take a trip to Vegas and leave the interview for me.:hardy: :D ha ha!!

Did you receive interview invitation?

My Stats are also similar to you.

Overall GPA - 3.51

Science - 3.3

BS in Chemical Engineering

Did you receive interview invitation?

My Stats are also similar to you.

Overall GPA - 3.51

Science - 3.3

BS in Chemical Engineering

No...still waiting. :( I think we still have a fighting chance...we just have to be patient!! :D ha ha!! It is so hard to wait!! :D

Has there been any more acceptance since monday? :love:

As I know, USN has admitted about 60 candidates so far... and there are a lot of spots left to be filled...
I thought this would cheer up some of you waiting.

Does anybody know how many more candidates they will interview...I know that they are interviewing until april.

Does anybody know how many more candidates they will interview...I know that they are interviewing until april.

Our group who interviewed on Jan 26 was told approx 550 interviews for a total of 220 spots (80 at Utah and 140 at Nevada). Last Year they took a handful more at each campus. It was something like 146 in NV and 84 in UT

What percentage of the interviewed people gets USN admission offer ? Does USN go solely by the GPA, or some other factors play role as well ?

:confused:

What percentage of the interviewed people gets USN admission offer ? Does USN go solely by the GPA, or some other factors play role as well ?

Well, I am sure that the interview is very crucial, similarly to any other school...But it seems like in order to get the interview invite you need a good GPA, and BS also helps....
If they interview ~500 candidates and ~200-220 is admitted then about 40% gets in , right.

220/550 = approx 40% Dont forget they usually go deep into the waiting list. Last year Dr Deyoung said they went about 80 spots deep into the waiting list. Which increases your chances to 54.54% (220 total spots +80 spots into waiting list divided by total # of seats 550). Bottom line is if you get an interview you have about a 50/50 chance of acceptance. Admission has mostly to do with GPA to get an interview, but from there your interview is scored on a points system and added to GPA score. Your total score is ranked and listed. They start at the top of the list and work their way down until the classes are filled.