University of Queensland Vet Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paleovet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I looked for some recent threads about UQ vet but couldn't really find any since a lot of US people aren't interested in going there due to the lack of AVMA accreditation. (Which may come soon now with the new campus?)

My partner got a job in Queensland (he is Australian, I'm American) in Brisbane. If I end up moving there in a year when I finish my PhD, I will start the process of getting my permanent residency.

Anywho, does anyone here go to UQ or know anything about it? I won't apply until I get the residency, so I won't be an "international" student persay, but I was just curious if I could get an indication of life there! Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I looked for some recent threads about UQ vet but couldn't really find any since a lot of US people aren't interested in going there due to the lack of AVMA accreditation. (Which may come soon now with the new campus?)

My partner got a job in Queensland (he is Australian, I'm American) in Brisbane. If I end up moving there in a year when I finish my PhD, I will start the process of getting my permanent residency.

Anywho, does anyone here go to UQ or know anything about it? I won't apply until I get the residency, so I won't be an "international" student persay, but I was just curious if I could get an indication of life there! Thanks!:)

I'm not sure how much help this will be...but I LOVE UQ. I studied there for 6 months during undergrad, and would have gone back if they had been accredited. I'm looking into doing some EMS work there at some point. I did some research for them at the St. Lucia campus while I was there, and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Glasgow also just recently acquired a UQ grad/vet---and all he had was great things to say about it.

Have you lived in Brisbane before? If not...you are in for a treat. Quite possibly my favourite place ever!