University of Puget Sound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptapplic2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else applied here? I thought I would let you know that I contacted the admissions office recently and they said they are sending out letters around March 1.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there. Thanks for the info on the mail date. Seems like the NW is a little later in general (I'm excited/anxious to hear about Pacific and UW). I feel like I've been reading about peoples' acceptances on the East Coast for a while, but I'm sure there are people playing the waiting game there too. It's a little bit of agony. Some days I can't tell if it helps me to read the forums or just messes with my head even more :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from UPS yet. If you have I would be interested to know what you found out :) Hope everyone is getting good news.

I bet if I never found this forum, I wouldn't be as stressed as I am now. After waiting for months, and seeing rejection letters from colleges I applied to, and hearing about others rejections from this forum. All this has drained the life out of me!:eek:

NEVER give up!!! Only you can control how this will effect you. You can lay down and take it or you can fight and become better because of it. If I had listened to my own self defeating personality at times, I would not have even applied. I got a 990 on my first try on the GRE. Felt like an idiot for even trying, even started to look at jobs as a cop (exercise science degree) but I fought and tried again. Got an 1130 and began the application process. If you do not get in, try again next year, but get more time learning about the profession as a therapist and the profession as a professional. Anyone can quit after not succeeding, your interview next year when they ask how you persevered. Not only Will you prove to them that you are committed, but that nothing will stand in your way of becoming a professional.

My advice if unsuccessful this year is to grow. take something you are good at and become great at it. dedication goes a long way at building character. But for gods sake dont quit simply because you got rejected a few times. My worst feedback from work or anyone for that matter is when they say I am a great employee or something like that, I know I have somewhere I can improve. You are in a great place. You can ask these schools why you were rejected, and use that to your advantage. They will literally tell you how to get in.

But Don't quit, you know you are better than that.

Congrats on the UPS acceptance, and I think that we do indeed need to prove our commitment to this field.
And please, please, please- in the future use AFFECT and EFFECT correctly. Even my professors in physiology could not seem to get this right. Sorry, it's a pet peeve!!!

I remember my high school English teacher drilling me after I used "affect" and "effect" incorrectly. Ever since then, I never make that mistake. Congrats on the acceptance :D

I haven't checked my mail since Saturday...almost afraid to find a rejection letter :(

I was accepted into NYIT, but UPS is my first choice (well, UW was since I live in Seattle, but something happened with PTCAS which resulted in my application getting there too late, so they couldn't consider me).

Fingers crossed!

I'm sure this is coming late, but I got into UPS as well as UW (Seattle). I turned down both and am going to Pacific. Among the storied beautiful brick buildings on the UPS campus sits a one story motel looking building for pt/ot. UW classrooms remind me of janitor closets. Pacific's facilities are bright & new. This might sound picky, but I'm just wondering where all the money goes?

I'm sure this is coming late, but I got into UPS as well as UW (Seattle). I turned down both and am going to Pacific. Among the storied beautiful brick buildings on the UPS campus sits a one story motel looking building for pt/ot. UW classrooms remind me of janitor closets. Pacific's facilities are bright & new. This might sound picky, but I'm just wondering where all the money goes?

That's funny, I similarly was slightly disappointed that the UPS rehab facilities were in that little building, instead of one of the gorgeous undergrad ones. To tell the truth, I haven't even seen the UW facilities, although I was there briefly during their open house. Doesn't give me much hope hearing you liken it to a janitor's closet.

I'm going to one of the two (accepted at UPS, wait listed at UW with a good shot at making it in), but I haven't made up my mind just yet. They are both supposed to have great programs, and are both respected in the Puget Sound area. I imagine UW may be more recognized out of state. Then, of course, there's a fair tuition difference between the two, and that will probably be the deciding factor.

I'll keep weighing my options for now I guess.

That's funny, I similarly was slightly disappointed that the UPS rehab facilities were in that little building, instead of one of the gorgeous undergrad ones. To tell the truth, I haven't even seen the UW facilities, although I was there briefly during their open house. Doesn't give me much hope hearing you liken it to a janitor's closet.

I'm going to one of the two (accepted at UPS, wait listed at UW with a good shot at making it in), but I haven't made up my mind just yet. They are both supposed to have great programs, and are both respected in the Puget Sound area. I imagine UW may be more recognized out of state. Then, of course, there's a fair tuition difference between the two, and that will probably be the deciding factor.

I'll keep weighing my options for now I guess.

I was in a similar NW boat. I was accepted at Pacific, UPS, and UW. I visited UPS in the fall and had the same impression of the facilities as somewhat blah and a little unwelcoming tucked behind the undergrad buildings. They're planning a new building but it's not going up for years. Pacific has great facilities and the faculty and staff seem so accessible. I live in Portland and that was really hard to turn down, but it's really appealing that UW is part of the hospital setting and it's on the campus and in Seattle. The classrooms were less than I expected in Seattle, but I think they told me that they are remodeling two classrooms in the fall and they said they'd be ready in Winter quarter, if I'm remembering correctly. I think UW probably has a more recognizeable name on a national level because it's part of a well known medical center and graduate school - even though Pacific is very highly regarded from all people I've talked to in Oregon. I've heard less about UPS, but I think it's a good program, too. When all was said and done after comparing UPS, Pacific and UW, I just felt the most comfortable with both the staff and students at UW when I visited. Of course making the decision has to make sense for the circumstances in your life - I know I made the decision for some other personal and location reasons, as well. Good luck -- maybe we'll be classmates :)