University of Pittsburgh BMP 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allstar897

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted into the Pitt BMP program for 2021 and just wanted to start a thread! Is anyone else planning on applying or recently accepted as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I ask what your stats are? I am still trying to decide if this program is right for me. I have a 3.45c 3.33s and sub 495 mcat

Can I ask what your stats are? I am still trying to decide if this program is right for me. I have a 3.45c 3.33s and sub 495 mcat
I have a 3.66c and 3.5s and 497 mcat. I think that they revise apps more as a whole in terms of also reviewing if you've done research, ec's, clinical experience, etc. I did request information from them back in 2019 and in terms of stats they did say they consider a competitive gpa is around 3.3-3.4 or above if that does help you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted into the Pitt BMP program for 2021 and just wanted to start a thread! Is anyone else planning on applying or recently accepted as well?
Hey! Congratulations. I am in the process of applying. I can't find it anywhere, when is the start date??

Hey! Congratulations. I am in the process of applying. I can't find it anywhere, when is the start date??

Thank you! I wish you luck in the process and hope you get in. I believe they follow the rest of the academic calendar for the entire school. What I do know is they told me in the offer letter that we do have to be there for orientation which is August 19 & 20.

Thank you! I wish you luck in the process and hope you get in. I believe they follow the rest of the academic calendar for the entire school. What I do know is they told me in the offer letter that we do have to be there for orientation which is August 19 & 20.
Thank you! Ok, great!!

Hey again! What was the interview like?

Hey again! What was the interview like?

Hi!! It was honestly super chill and made me really love the program even more. It was very conversational and standard questions like why do you want to me an MD, if you could be anything else what would you be, etc. Then I asked some questions regarding the program and how classes are structured and learned a lot about it. My MCAT score wasn’t too great so they asked me what would I do to improve it. So if you have weak spots in your application know what you would do to fix it in the future, and definitely have any questions you want answered prepped!! Good luck and let me know if you have any other q’s!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! It was honestly super chill and made me really love the program even more. It was very conversational and standard questions like why do you want to me an MD, if you could be anything else what would you be, etc. Then I asked some questions regarding the program and how classes are structured and learned a lot about it. My MCAT score wasn’t too great so they asked me what would I do to improve it. So if you have weak spots in your application know what you would do to fix it in the future, and definitely have any questions you want answered prepped!! Good luck and let me know if you have any other q’s!
Awesome! Good to hear. Thank you!!

I also got accepted!! Is there a facebook group or groupme for those who are accepted?

I also got accepted!! Is there a facebook group or groupme for those who are accepted?

Congrats!!! After I sent back my signed offer letter the school sent me the link to the Facebook group for the class

Congrats!!! After I sent back my signed offer letter the school sent me the link to the Facebook group for the class
Thank you! That makes sense. I haven't sent signed the offer letter yet. I guess it's time to start looking for apartments!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true if you maintain a 3.75 gpa while in the program ,their would be conditional acceptance ?

Is it true if you maintain a 3.75 gpa while in the program ,their would be conditional acceptance ?

It’s not a conditional acceptance, you receive an interview from what I’ve read on their website

Reactions: 1 user
hi guys! I need help.
Pitt BMP vs Geisinger where should i go

Reactions: 1 users
How long after the interview did it take to hear back a response?

just curious have you gotten interviewed yet? i submitted a month ago but still haven't heard back.

Hey! I’m a current student in the program and I submitted my application late October, had my interview in December and got my acceptance letter a little over than a month later. Hope this helps!

just curious have you gotten interviewed yet? i submitted a month ago but still haven't heard back.
Yes, I submitted my app pretty early on in the cycle, within the month that it opened iirc, and I interviewed this past week.

Hey! I’m a current student in the program and I submitted my application late October, had my interview in December and got my acceptance letter a little over than a month later. Hope this helps!
It does! Tysm for the info, much appreciated :)