Barry University BMS Program 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mp4895

Reaction score
Hey Im a current student part of the 18month med track within the BMS program. Feel free to post any questions you might have about the program!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Thank you for making this thread. I just sent out my application for the Spring today, just left with LOR. Do you think I applied too late or is this a good time?
My stats are 3.38 GPA
16 DAT
Currently working as a dental assistant. I hope I have a chance 🤞🏾

Hi! Thank you for making this thread. I just sent out my application for the Spring today, just left with LOR. Do you think I applied too late or is this a good time?
My stats are 3.38 GPA
16 DAT
Its not too late to apply! As someone who also had a sub 3.4 GPA in undergrad and an average MCAT score, I decided to do a postbacc program to boost my academic resume. Admissions within the BMS program are aware many applicants are looking to become more competitive applicants for professional school. The program does a nice job of considering academics as well as work experience before placing students into either 12-month, 18-month, or 2 year tracks. Many of our dental track students have also worked as dental assistants in the past like yourself!

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats are 3.38 GPA
16 DAT
Hey,
We have similar stats and my MCAT was below avg.... 483. The program is really designed to help people like us whether its to improve GPA or these standardized tests. If you have a passion, want to improve, and love anything in the health department, Barry will see that. I hope they give you the chance because this program is amazing and I am starting to love it better now because we are hybrid- online and in person.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey future doctors,

I am currently in this program. I went from being on the 18 month track to now 2 years because I wanted to take my time and do well in my classes. If you have any questions please feel free to drop them in here.

Its not too late to apply! As someone who also had a sub 3.4 GPA in undergrad and an average MCAT score, I decided to do a postbacc program to boost my academic resume. Admissions within the BMS program are aware many applicants are looking to become more competitive applicants for professional school. The program does a nice job of considering academics as well as work experience before placing students into either 12-month, 18-month, or 2 year tracks. Many of our dental track students have also worked as dental assistants in the past like yourself!
Thank you so much for getting back to me! That really makes me feel so much better. I have heard really good things about the program.

Hey,
We have similar stats and my MCAT was below avg.... 483. The program is really designed to help people like us whether its to improve GPA or these standardized tests. If you have a passion, want to improve, and love anything in the health department, Barry will see that. I hope they give you the chance because this program is amazing and I am starting to love it better now because we are hybrid- online and in person.
I was actually going to ask how the classes are right now! I'm glad it is hybrid because I was worried about doing it online only and not having the chance to build a community and have face-to-face interaction with other students.

I was actually going to ask how the classes are right now! I'm glad it is hybrid because I was worried about doing it online only and not having the chance to build a community and have face-to-face interaction with other students.
YESSSSS!!!! I recommend IN PERSON!!!! You get to learn things better and if you are hands on we have modules that allow you to see the structures in 3D. It makes the classes very interactive. We have it for Anatomy, Histology, and just recently the school invested in some tools that will help those who are in Physiology to understand the concept better as well. I am super excited for that because I take Physiology next semester and I know if the hands on experinces, I know it will help me to suceed in the class.

YESSSSS!!!! I recommend IN PERSON!!!! You get to learn things better and if you are hands on we have modules that allow you to see the structures in 3D. It makes the classes very interactive. We have it for Anatomy, Histology, and just recently the school invested in some tools that will help those who are in Physiology to understand the concept better as well. I am super excited for that because I take Physiology next semester and I know if the hands on experinces, I know it will help me to suceed in the class.
Oh my goodness, that sounds awesome! I’m such a hands on person so that would be amazing! How soon after applying did you hear back?

Oh my goodness, that sounds awesome! I’m such a hands on person so that would be amazing! How soon after applying did you hear back?
I personally applied a little later in the cycle. But you can expect to hear back around 2 weeks.

Same here, I’m super hands on. For me, I personally heard back in a week. I applied and in just a few days I heard back. I was shocked. I think also the timing that I applied made a difference. I applied I believe in February-March In a season where the admission office is not that busy and I heard back right away. But overall no matter when you apply, you should heard back 1-2 weeks.

I am not sure, I can find out and you can call the program to find out more.

Thankyou! I got accepted! Is there a groupchat already made for the incoming class?

Thankyou! I got accepted! Is there a groupchat already made for the incoming class?
YESSSSS !!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! YES THERE IS LET ME SEND THE LINK TO YOU PRIVATELY!!! why did I write in caps lol this is great news!! I will see you next semester.

update:I asked for the chat and just waiting because I’m not admin. I do thing it might be in my cohort announcements so I will have to look for it.

Last edited:
YESSSSS !!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! YES THERE IS LET ME SEND THE LINK TO YOU PRIVATELY!!! why did I write in caps lol this is great news!! I will see you next semester.

update:I asked for the chat and just waiting because I’m not admin. I do thing it might be in my cohort announcements so I will have to look for it.
Ok perfect! Let me know if you need my phone number or anything! So exciteddd!!!!

Hi I was accepted in the 18-month dental BMS program as well. I would like to join the group chat as well.