University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard this from a friend who has a friend who got waitlisted...so it could not be true...just wanted to see if anybody else heard this..so maybe not.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the email from Jennifer today, and now, I do not have fingernails anymore. I chewed them all off. How is everybody holding up?I decided not to fret because it will take the same time to know of my status whether I am worried or not. Keep the faith. All things are possible to them who believe. I have convinced myself that I already have an acceptance letter mailed out, and now, I just have to wait to see it physically. Not that I am being boastful, but I choose to believe and not be anxious. So there!! You can all join me if you like.

Well, guys, I am officially about to go crazy. If they mailed out some letters yesterday, and you live in OK near a major post office, it could come today. :scared: I hope they start in alphabetical order, cause I would be first!!!!!! This is killing me!!!!!!! I am trying to be optimistic like the above poster said, but I really don't wanna get my hopes too high, in case of the worst!! I'm sure we all have nothing to worry about, though. :luck:

Oh, and about the waitlist thing, I am 1000% sure that if anyone here had heard that, they would've posted it already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to let everyone know that I have been accepted!!!:D Just got a mail today 11:40 a.m. I hope everyone will have their chin up high and be optimistic! :)

Congratulations Chiq!
Oh, how relieved you must be.

yes i'm very relieved! I let my husband open the letter for me because I was so nervous and saw the smile in his face. So we're going out later tonight for japanese food for my celebration.. :)

Just want to let everyone know that I have been accepted!!!:D Just got a mail today 11:40 a.m. I hope everyone will have their chin up high and be optimistic! :)

Was the envelope small or large? I am so nervous.:scared:

Was the envelope small or large? I am so nervous.:scared:

:) Try to relax... I was like you at the beginning but I just prayed last night that I did my part and I just let God control the situation from that point. The envelope was normal sized and thin. The letter was dated April 3, 2007. The paragraph started with ... " I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center beginning Fall 2007... Stay positive.

:D Congratulations!! :D

Good Luck to all the rest of us!!

Now I'm going to have to go home at lunch and check the mail!-Man, I'm nervous! :scared: :scared:

As we wait for those letters, I have a piece of advice, "DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!!"

Hello. My name is Megan, and I am in the CLASS OF 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to Tulsa.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting nervous. I hope that I haven't gotten a letter yet because I was in the second interview day. I am so worried:eek: :eek:

Hello. My name is Megan, and I am in the CLASS OF 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to Tulsa.

Hey...sincere congrats from me. I knew you would make it. Very proud of you... good job.

Congratulations Megan. I hope to join you.

Hey congratulations, Megan. It must be an amazing feeling to get in. What day did you say that you interviewed? What about you, Chiq07?

I am getting nervous. I hope that I haven't gotten a letter yet because I was in the second interview day. I am so worried:eek: :eek:

I'm hoping the same thing. I was one of the last people interviewed on the last day....I'm about to go nuts.

Hey congratulations, Megan. It must be an amazing feeling to get in. What day did you say that you interviewed? What about you, Chiq07?

Thanks! I was interviewed 2/24 and the first batch to be interviewed, so that could be the reason why we received the letter early. So don't worry yet, it can come tomorrow... :)

I was the very first interview of the very first day. I am sure that we will all get in!!! Don't worry (I know that's easier said than done) and your acceptance letters will be here soon!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You all have been a great help in getting through this process, and I am honored to be calling you guys my classmates!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey...sincere congrats from me. I knew you would make it. Very proud of you... good job.

Thanks!!! :thumbup: That means alot. How are you, and what are you up to nowadays!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks!!! :thumbup: That means alot. How are you, and what are you up to nowadays!?!?!?!?!?

You welcome.

Consulting work... and playing with the family.... and no golf.

Megan Cyclo, PharmD in 4 years. That's awesome.

:eek: :eek: How are you able to function!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know...I went from playing 100+ rounds every year...to 2 rounds past 7 months.. I don't really miss it..even through watching the Masters. My boy is 18 months...I guess when he's old enough to swing a stick, I'll get back into it..maybe..

Praise God, I'm in! Boomer Sooner baby!

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! Thank the Lord, I'm in! :D :D :D

I'm headed to Tulsa.

Good Luck everyone! Thanks for all the support and information. I look forward to seeing you all there in the fall. :)

Michelle

I'm headed to Tulsa.

Good Luck everyone! Thanks for all the support and information. I look forward to seeing you all there in the fall. :)

Michelle

Woooohoooo to us!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry guys that haven't gotten a letter, I'm sure they are on their way. :thumbup: I am so excited!!! Have you guys started looking at financial aid or anything???

Woooohoooo to us!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry guys that haven't gotten a letter, I'm sure they are on their way. :thumbup: I am so excited!!! Have you guys started looking at financial aid or anything???

why do you need financial aid for? just go sign up at the "Big Red"..auto lot..

[/bomar]... :smuggrin:

Okay guys, I may be the biggest nerd ever, but I started us a facebook group so we could get to know each other a little bit. I named it University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Class of 2011.

Does anyone know anything about the deposit or anything??

I know the deposit is supposed to be $500, but don't know when it is due. :(

Praise God, I'm in! Boomer Sooner baby!

I'm headed to Tulsa.

Michelle

Great news! Congratulations to all that have been accepted!!! Cheers!!!:thumbup:

So was everyone that has posted acceptances in the 2/24 interview date?

I am still trying to remain positive. I think that my stats are great and my interview went well; but this is TORTURE.

I am still trying to remain positive. I think that my stats are great and my interview went well; but this is TORTURE.

Yes, we all interviewed on the 24th. I am sure that you will get in, but it sucks that you have to wait. At least you will know for sure by this time next week, and I'm 1000000% sure that it will be good news. :thumbup:

Man, I hear you. I'm so glad that everybody on here has gotten in, but everytime somebody does, I have to admit, I get a little jealous (just for a moment). My problem is that I think I might be one of the "bubble" people. I have great PCATs, ELORs, and I felt like my interview went very well, but my GPA is toward the bottom of the pile (hence my screen name). So I've got this little voice in the back of my mind saying, "Don't get your hopes up..." Geez I hate that voice.

Anyway, hang in there - you're not alone.

Yes, we all interviewed on the 24th. I am sure that you will get in, but it sucks that you have to wait. At least you will know for sure by this time next week, and I'm 1000000% sure that it will be good news. :thumbup:

Thanks Megan Cyclo! I hope so.

Man, I hear you. I'm so glad that everybody on here has gotten in, but everytime somebody does, I have to admit, I get a little jealous (just for a moment). My problem is that I think I might be one of the "bubble" people. I have great PCATs, ELORs, and I felt like my interview went very well, but my GPA is toward the bottom of the pile (hence my screen name). So I've got this little voice in the back of my mind saying, "Don't get your hopes up..." Geez I hate that voice.

Anyway, hang in there - you're not alone.

And LowGPA....I am so sorry. Through all this feeling pitiful for myself, I forgot to congratulate you. How is the sleeping going?

Thanks Megan Cyclo! I hope so.

And LowGPA....I am so sorry. Through all this feeling pitiful for myself, I forgot to congratulate you. How is the sleeping going?

Sleep - what's that? God I miss golf. Thank God for the Masters, though.

AWWWWW!!!

You posted a picture of Cooper. You are right. He is so cute!

Congrats again

Not to brag (OK, maybe I'm bragging a little), but people say he looks just like me - but there's some of his mom in there, too.

By the way, my wife thinks that we are all sooooo cool for sitting in this chat room on a Friday night, discussing those things that we can't control.:cool:

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

You're a golfer?!?!?!?!?!??!????????
I was on scholarship for golf. Don't worry about getting in!!!! I'm sure you will. I know that it reeeeeeeeallllllly sucks seeing us get in, but, NOBODY from your interview date has gotten letters yet. That includes someone with a 3.8 and a 95 PCAT that I know from school. You'll be fine!!!!!!

By the way, my wife thinks that we are all sooooo cool for sitting in this chat room on a Friday night, discussing those things that we can't control.:cool:

Yeah, my husband makes fun of me too. It's okay though, he just wishes he could be cool like us. :cool:

My husband said the same thing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My husband said the same thing.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I get it really bad though, because I go back and forth between here and the DIS boards. We are going to Walt Disney World in May, and I am trying to plan our trip (which takes a lot of work :laugh: ) So, I get a LOT of crap.

I have a question for everyone. I have a family to contribute to (I think most of us do) Anyway, do you all plan on taking out enough loans to cover living expenses (mortgage, bills, whatever)???? I am so worried that I will not be able to take out enough loans. I really don't want to work. Does anyone know if it's possible to take out enough so that I don't have to?

I know isn't so COOL!!

Gosh we are sad

I get it really bad though, because I go back and forth between here and the DIS boards. We are going to Walt Disney World in May, and I am trying to plan our trip (which takes a lot of work :laugh: ) So, I get a LOT of crap.

I have a question for everyone. I have a family to contribute to (I think most of us do) Anyway, do you all plan on taking out enough loans to cover living expenses (mortgage, bills, whatever)???? I am so worried that I will not be able to take out enough loans. I really don't want to work. Does anyone know if it's possible to take out enough so that I don't have to?

You'll have to work some because of the intern requirements but, from what I've been told, they will basically give you a blank check on loans. I'm in a similar boat - my wife is going to stay home with Cooper while I'm in school, so our income will be severely limited. We have a mortgage, car payment, etc that we have to pay, so I'll be working part-time while in school. Since interns don't make jack though, I'll have to supplement in a big way with student loans (at least 20k per year, and probably more like 25-30k per year).

Ouch!

I have heard that you can take out 45,000 in Stafford loans. Now in order for me to live off that after tuition is paid I am going to have to downsize my house and live off the profit. My job is salary not hourly; I can't work partime in the same capacity so that stinks.

There are always "extra" private loans that you can obtain through the college.

Hi guys/gals, I've been watching this thread for awhile. I interviewed on the afternoon of March 3. I received my acceptance letter yesterday for the Okc campus. I just wanted to say i'm looking forward to meething all of you, if i haven't already. Also congratulations.

James

Hi guys/gals, I've been watching this thread for awhile. I interviewed on the afternoon of March 3. I received my acceptance letter yesterday for the Okc campus. I just wanted to say i'm looking forward to meething all of you, if i haven't already. Also congratulations.

James

I thought that there was only a morning session on March 3? Was there a afternoon session?:confused: