University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So do we even have to go ahead and get a TB test if they are giving it to us for free when classes start? Also do i just go to the doctor to get my blood tested for the chicken pox? Thanks for the help guys. But I am still tired of waiting and I have to send my spring transcript in since they just released grades yesterday!

Jennifer sent out an email saying that the tb test is a 2 step process, which is weird because it was only a 1 step process the first time I had one. Anyways, she said we should go ahead and get our first test on our own. Then, the second shot would be given during the spring semester.

Concerning the chicken pox question, you should be able to get a titer done at your doctor's office. I've heard they're expensive, though. When I went to get my hep B and tetanus shots, the nurse said that it would be cheaper to just get another varicella vaccination.

Members don't see this ad.

Really, I know on the Tulsa Health Department website that they said the shot for chicken pox is 87 dollars each and you would have to get 2 of them...that doesnt sound cheap to me lol. Quick Question, can the people on hold tell me the subject of the last email sent out by jennifer, because I havent been recieving any emails about immunizations or anything of that sort. The last email I got from her was about our hold status and an explaination of what it meant. Thanks guys!

Really, I know on the Tulsa Health Department website that they said the shot for chicken pox is 87 dollars each and you would have to get 2 of them...that doesnt sound cheap to me lol. Quick Question, can the people on hold tell me the subject of the last email sent out by jennifer, because I havent been recieving any emails about immunizations or anything of that sort. The last email I got from her was about our hold status and an explaination of what it meant. Thanks guys!

The only people who received the information about immunizations were the people who have already been accepted. The last e-mail that was sent to the holders was the explanation of the hold status. Unfortunately, we are pretty much in the dark. Hopefully we will find out soon.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, that's what I figured. Geez this waiting thing isn't fun.:scared:

I had a dream last night that is pretty funny. I dreamed that the AdCom's had all of our applications spread out on a big long table and were playing "eenie, meanie, minie, moe"

I just hope that mine didn't get "and you are not it".:D

Really, I know on the Tulsa Health Department website that they said the shot for chicken pox is 87 dollars each and you would have to get 2 of them...that doesnt sound cheap to me lol.

Yeah, that would definitely not be cheaper. But, I'm pretty sure the nurse told me she could do it for free since it was for school. This was at the Wagoner County Health Dept. in Coweta.

I know it seems like its taking forever! I just sent my transcript today....hopefully they will evaluate applications soon..

I know it seems like its taking forever! I just sent my transcript today....hopefully they will evaluate applications soon..

I'm not sure exactly how accurate this info is but I figured that I'd pass it along...My wife saw a friend of hers in the mall yesterday who told her that his girlfriend's best friend received her acceptance letter to OU pharmacy school last week. I realize that this info was received very indirectly and, as such, may be susceptible to the "telephone" syndrome. However, I couldn't help but feel a little worried about it. If they are still sending out letters, why has no one on here received or heard anything?

My mind is spinning......

I'm not sure exactly how accurate this info is but I figured that I'd pass it along...My wife saw a friend of hers in the mall yesterday who told her that his girlfriend's best friend received her acceptance letter to OU pharmacy school last week. I realize that this info was received very indirectly and, as such, may be susceptible to the "telephone" syndrome. However, I couldn't help but feel a little worried about it. If they are still sending out letters, why has no one on here received or heard anything?

I wouldn't worry about it! Especially since its such an indirect source, a week ago could of easily meant a month ago. Plus if letters did go out, I'm sure one of us would of heard something by now. You know some people aren't good at recalling length of time....like me LoL

Maybe it was her financial aid award letter instead. That seems to be around the time we all got ours.

I hope that if some letters were sent out Jennifer would have emailed some type of communication to us.

Ok...so when is it ok to bother Jennifer Richardson again? The last time I emailed her was almost a month ago. I really wish she would atleast give us
some type of update. This waiting is torture. I just want to know something
to reassure me that they haven't forgotten about us. :confused:

Ok...so when is it ok to bother Jennifer Richardson again? The last time I emailed her was almost a month ago. I really wish she would atleast give us
some type of update. This waiting is torture. I just want to know something
to reassure me that they haven't forgotten about us. :confused:

I agree! Hi everyone, I know it has been awhile since I've responded. This waiting in the dark is just cruel. Hopefully we will find out something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone contacted Jennifer?

So has anyone contacted Jennifer?

I guess not :oops: I will probably send her an email myself around the 1st if have not heard anything by then...What are they waiting on? Gosh!

The waiting could also have something to do with the entrance of the new dean.

The waiting could also have something to do with the entrance of the new dean.

Tis true.

I don't think she takes over until mid-June so if that is the case we may be waiting until late June or July.

I hope not but I quit worrying about it long ago. Nothing else I can do.

Well, I finally broke down and e-mailed Jennifer Richardson. I figured that it's been nearly a month since we heard from her, so she has to be expecting it. Anyway, look for a mass mail from her in the next day or two. If she doesn't mass mail, I'll let you know how she responds to my e-mail.

Well, I finally broke down and e-mailed Jennifer Richardson. I figured that it's been nearly a month since we heard from her, so she has to be expecting it. Anyway, look for a mass mail from her in the next day or two. If she doesn't mass mail, I'll let you know how she responds to my e-mail.

Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

Haha, so guess what my loans for HSC cant be proccessed because I have loans out for Norman campus...and the reason I have that out is because I dont know if I have been accepted. Man this whole situation seems to be a mess. Hope they inform us soon! IF I can't get financial aid, I cant really go to pharm school...:scared: AHHHHHH!

Hi guys, I got a response back from Jennifer. Apparently final decisions have been made. She'll be sending out a mass mail today to let everyone know what's going on.

Hi guys, I got a response back from Jennifer. Apparently final decisions have been made. She'll be sending out a mass mail today to let everyone know what's going on.

Thank Goodness!!!! Now I am getting nervous again.:eek:

Did you all get the email from Jennifer :( Not very good news...I can't believe they put us on hold for that long to tell us that. I am very disappointed.

Yeah I did not like the response either...wish they didnt get our hopes up. It would of been nice to know at least someone got an open seat or a chance at school. Well now I must work on getting my degree geez...

I am rather disappointed as well. We are not kids. I feel that they could of informed us a lot earlier instead of waiting until June to tell us that there are not any seats available for the P-1 class. I have a feeling that they knew this way in advance.:thumbdown:

I am rather disappointed as well. We are not kids. I feel that they could of informed us a lot earlier instead of waiting until June to tell us that there are not any seats available for the P-1 class. I have a feeling that they knew this way in advance.:thumbdown:

What I find a little fishy is that they inform us of this the DAY that the new PharmCAS application cycle opens. :bullcrap:

With this even if we are placed on the alternate list, we still need to apply for the next year and submit the supplemental. If we choose to do that early and then are accepted we are out more money.

Oh well. I guess I need to look to see when Genetics and Cell Biology are offered for the fall so I can enroll, since these are required for next year.

I totally agree. Has anyone heard of if somebody got an offer from the hold applications?

So what is everyone going to do now? I'm just going to finish my microbio degree and hope I will be accepted next time I apply:(

thats so horrible.im sorry people are so rude like that. it seems that the committee doesnt even know how much this means to people.:thumbdown:

What did the email say???

Basically, that there were no open seats in the incoming P-1 class and that all of us that were on hold will be receiving alternate or denial letters. I think i'm more upset that they waited that long to tell us that, but hey it happens I guess.

Did anyone get a letter yesterday?

Nothing for me. Hopefully Monday. Does anyone know how many alternates they have taken in previous years?

Did anyone get a letter yesterday?

Nothing for me. Hopefully Monday. Does anyone know how many alternates they have taken in previous years?

No letter for me either. I don't know how many alternates there have been in the past, but I did hear that alternates have been called up the week school starts.

I got my letter on Saturday...I thought I would be so excited to see a letter from them but after that email from Jennifer my hopes were crushed. I am an alternate. I guess it's better than a rejection, but to me I almost feel like it's a rejection because I was an alternate last year and obviously it didn't get me in then or now. I really thought that since I was an alternate last year that I would be a sure thing this year...guess not:mad: So what is everyone's plan now? I'm still in shock I think. I am just so dissappointed. Why were we put on hold is my question? If they completely filled the class in april then why didn't they just make us alternates then?

I got my letter on Saturday...I thought I would be so excited to see a letter from them but after that email from Jennifer my hopes were crushed. I am an alternate. I guess it's better than a rejection, but to me I almost feel like it's a rejection because I was an alternate last year and obviously it didn't get me in then or now. I really thought that since I was an alternate last year that I would be a sure thing this year...guess not:mad: So what is everyone's plan now? I'm still in shock I think. I am just so dissappointed. Why were we put on hold is my question? If they completely filled the class in april then why didn't they just make us alternates then?

I truly in my heart think that it will all work out. I just have a feeling the seats aren't really full but that they just don't have a dean to sign the letters right now. I also think that they had to tell us something on June 1st because that was when the new application cycle opened.

Just trying to stay positive. Who knows though, I haven't gotten a letter yet.

Hey guys - obviously this has been a tough weekend. I've not gotten my letter yet either but I'm assuming that since they went out Friday, most people will get theirs today. I'm not getting my hopes up. "Congratulations" to those who get alternate letters...

Got my letter in the mail today - I'm on the alternate list.

Congratulations. Does it say if the list is ranked or not?

Actually it says that there is no ranking and that the list will be re-evaluated as positions open up over the summer.

Actually it says that there is no ranking and that the list will be re-evaluated as positions open up over the summer.

Thanks.

I just got home and still nothing today. The luxuries of living on a rural route. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks.

I just got home and still nothing today. The luxuries of living on a rural route. Hopefully tomorrow.

Same here, no letter today. I can only think the worst because some of you guys got your alternate letters.

Didnt get my letter either and I live in Tulsa....usually isnt bad news saved for last? :scared:

Didnt get my letter either and I live in Tulsa....usually isnt bad news saved for last? :scared:

I sure hope that is not the case. I live in Broken Arrow and figured that I would already have some kind of letter since Jennifer mailed them out Friday.

Me too, seems like everything takes forever!

Those of you that haven't gotten your letters yet...don't read too much into it. It's probably just the whole postal system. Are all you alternates going to finish getting all the vaccinations done?

Those of you that haven't gotten your letters yet...don't read too much into it. It's probably just the whole postal system. Are all you alternates going to finish getting all the vaccinations done?

Finish....I haven't even started. But yes, I probably will go ahead and have them done.

Has anyone received THE letter today?

Well I just got home and still no letter.:mad:

What is going on. This is definitely not just the postal system. These letters were supposedly mailed four days ago. I am really upset.

Already planning for the Fall semester. May also take my PCAT again. Even though I got a high composite. One of my sub scores were really low. Should I also get some pharmacy experience? That would be a substantial pay cut though. I just don't know what to do. :confused:

Well I just got home and still no letter.:mad:

What is going on. This is definitely not just the postal system. These letters were supposedly mailed four days ago. I am really upset.

Already planning for the Fall semester. May also take my PCAT again. Even though I got a high composite. One of my sub scores were really low. Should I also get some pharmacy experience? That would be a substantial pay cut though. I just don't know what to do. :confused:

No letter today, what is up? When are you going to take the PCAT again? The last registration date for June is friday. I am wanting to take it in June if I get a denial letter, but I will wait and take it later if I am an alternate. This whole waiting bit is getting really old.:mad: