University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, I'm new to this discussion board.

I got my acceptance letter April 9. I'm headed to the Tulsa campus.

just trying to get to know my classmates.....holla at cha boy!

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations MuskogeeSooner!!!

Well I finally got something today. And while it wasn't an acceptance letter, it also was not a rejection letter. The letter says something to the effect of:

"We are currently evaluating the applicant pool and have not made a final decision in regards to your application."

I suppose this means that I am in the "hold" category. Perfect. Another extended period of biting my fingernails. Correction, fingernubs....

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I finally got something today. And while it wasn't an acceptance letter, it also was not a rejection letter. The letter says something to the effect of:

"We are currently evaluating the applicant pool and have not made a final decision in regards to your application."

I suppose this means that I am in the "hold" category. Perfect. Another extended period of biting my fingernails. Correction, fingernubs....

Thanks LowGPA for letting us know. I hope that I received something today as well. I will let you know when I get home.

Keep you head up. She did state in the email that there are three status'. At least you are not in the last one, Denied.

Hey, if you don't mind my asking, what kind of stats did you have???

What year did you graduate?

Thanks LowGPA for letting us know. I hope that I received something today as well. I will let you know when I get home.

Keep you head up. She did state in the email that there are three status'. At least you are not in the last one, Denied.

Something tells me that you'll have a letter to similar to mine waiting for you when you get home tonite. In the meantime, I'm going to e-mail Jennifer Richardson and ask her exactly what this means...

I have faith that you all will still get in.....I mean, you have to. Who else will vote me in for class president??? :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, keep your heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's still plenty of hope for you all!! :luck:

I thought that all the decisions were made. I guess not.

I bet I've got all of you guys beat - class of 1995. Ronald Reagan had just taken office when I started kindergarten....Somebody find me a cane and some depends.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bet I've got all of you guys beat - class of 1995. Ronald Reagan had just taken office when I started kindergarten....Somebody find me a cane and some depends.

Me too. So did you graduate from Broken Arrow? If so maybe I know you :cool:

Oh my goodness!!!

We now have more posts in this forum than Cyclo has posted in her whole SDN career.

AMAZING!!!:thumbup:

Me too. So did you graduate from Broken Arrow? If so maybe I know you :cool:

Nope, I was a Jenks boy. Don't let that fool you though. I'm really a pretty good guy - always worked, bought my own cars, and paid for my own education. I come from the other side of town....:rolleyes:

Oh my goodness!!!

We now have more posts in this forum than Cyclo has posted in her whole SDN career.

I think that this forum has made Cyclo's SDN career....Remember us, Cyclo, when you go to the pros. :p

Oh my goodness!!!

Yes, but I have my own thread in the pharmacy forum that bears my name, and it has over 600 posts.

Yeah, and I was 10.

Well I got the same letter.

Has Jennifer responded to your email yet?

Well I got the same letter.

Has Jennifer responded to your email yet?

No. I tried to be as diplomatic and apologetic as possible, explaining that I understood how busy she was. I wouldn't really expect anything today from her. Tomorrow or Wednesday would be more likely, but if she does respond today, and I'll let you know what she says the moment that I get it. Maybe we still have a chance....:confused:

I got the same letter...I'm actually nauseous. I really don't want to wait any longer...I emailed Jennifer as well but no response yet...I am so discouraged right now.

My letter was bad, denied with 3.7 GPA, 80 pcat, 6 month pharmacy experience, 1st year applying

My letter was bad, denied with 3.7 GPA, 80 pcat, 6 month pharmacy experience, 1st year applying

Sorry pharm21 - I really was hoping that everyone here would get in. I hope that you'll reapply next year (from the way that it looks, there is a good chance that I'll be joining you). Besides, with your stats, your 2nd attempt should go much better.

One question, did your letter actually say "denied" or did you get the same letter that we got saying that "your file was still being considered"?

Do you think that it is the rejection letter?

No, I don't think that either.

I really do think they just need more time. Possibly waiting until all the first rounders accept. They have until the 20th I believe, correct me if I am wrong someone, to pay their deposit and accept.

I think they are just seeing how many seats are left and then go from there.

We have got to stay positive. (this is coming from the girl that spent 14 hours in bed on a Friday night...LOL)

I don't think it means were "waitlisted". I was waitlisted last year and I didn't get a letter like this, I just got a letter saying congratulations I was selected for an alternate position if anyone should give up their seat. So I am really trying to believe that they are still making decisions.

OH goodness. I am SO sorry pharm21. That stinks. Did you apply elsewhere?

No, I don't think that either.

I really do think they just need more time. Possibly waiting until all the first rounders accept. They have until the 20th I believe, correct me if I am wrong someone, to pay their deposit and accept.

I think they are just seeing how many seats are left and then go from there.

We have got to stay positive. (this is coming from the girl that spent 14 hours in bed on a Friday night...LOL)

Yes, we have to have the deposit in by Friday. I mailed mine today, and spent, like, 20 bucks, to make damn sure that it gets to OKC. Don't worry guys.....keep your heads up!!!!!

Were you in state? When did you interview? Sorry...........

I have realized today just how lucky I am. In light of the shootings today, my life will be just fine even if I don't get in.

Were you in state? When did you interview? Sorry...........

Yes, I am in state, I interviewed on the first day in the afternoon. I guess I will wait to see if I get in SWOSU and retake Pcat in June. I didn't apply last year because I knew that I would lack 1 course on prereq last May, not knowing that I should have applied anyway to get my name in and then be 2nd year applicant this year. My stats are well above the average interviewee that they gave on the interview day but I don't have a degree so maybe that is why.

I got the same letter also. I hope this means that we will get in, eventually.

Sorry pharm21 - I really was hoping that everyone here would get in. I hope that you'll reapply next year (from the way that it looks, there is a good chance that I'll be joining you). Besides, with your stats, your 2nd attempt should go much better.

One question, did your letter actually say "denied" or did you get the same letter that we got saying that "your file was still being considered"?

The letter doesn't say denied, it says we regret to inform you that the admissions comm is unable to offer you position in the class 2007. Each year the college receives many more applications than able to admit. Therefore, admissions decisions must be based on very selective criteria that involve a number of quantitative & qualitative factors.

You're not fishing......is it as cold there as it is here.....if so, I'd be at home too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, we are the worst thread hijackers here. How many threads have we hijacked, 20? 30? :laugh: :laugh: :hijacked:

I did go fishing...and I tore it up...filled my ice chest with champion sized crappeis...

img3956kq0.jpg

I did go fishing...and I tore it up...filled my ice chest with champion sized crappeis...

img3956kq0.jpg

Nice. How long did it take you to catch all those?? Did you fry those bad boys up????

Nice. How long did it take you to catch all those?? Did you fry those bad boys up????

4 hours...and I threw back if they were smaller than 12 inches. Caught a bunch of Sand Bass which I gave away..

Took 3 hours to filet them....called my friends and had a fish fry last night...

got 4 bags left in the freezer...

4 hours...and I threw back if they were smaller than 12 inches. Caught a bunch of Sand Bass which I gave away..

Took 3 hours to filet them....called my friends and had a fish fry last night...

got 4 bags left in the freezer...

How many did you catch?

How many did you catch?

I lost count... I was catching every other cast... sometimes every cast...sometimes 2 fish on the line...was fishing with red and chartreuse tube jig on the top and artificial shad on the bottom...

I limited out...so more than 25...my wife caught a few here and there...we brought home more than 40 crappies... and I think we kept 10 sandies..

I lost count... I was catching every other cast... sometimes every cast...sometimes 2 fish on the line...was fishing with red and chartreuse tube jig on the top and artificial shad on the bottom...

I limited out...so more than 25...my wife caught a few here and there...we brought home more than 40 crappies... and I think we kept 10 sandies..

I'm gonna give you some props for that....and your wife...........

Thanks boomer sooner..

Yeah, we were making plans for this fall's games, we're going to the A and M game. That'll be a fun booty kickin'. :smuggrin:

I got that game marked as a loss... but we still have the same team that marched into austin and beat the whorns...

Last 3 years have been all very close games... it'll be interesting

I think A&M is finally back on track with rebuilding..

We have brutal road schedule next year... Miami, OU, Nebraska, Tech...

I got that game marked as a loss... but we still have the same team that marched into austin and beat the whorns...

Last 3 years have been all very close games... it'll be interesting

I think A&M is finally back on track with rebuilding..

We have brutal road schedule next year... Miami, OU, Nebraska, Tech...

Yeah, we play Miami at home, are they going to be any good this year, though?

Yeah, we play Miami at home, are they going to be any good this year, though?

that would be a good question for Caverject...

The prison league U of M team has a new coach who's instilling "discpline" to the team...

They weren't very good last year. They should be improved.

That'll be a good game between OU and UM... 2 teams of violations...:smuggrin:

Correct me if I am wrong. But don't you have your own thread to talk about this nonsense? I think I may have seen one in the Pharmacy forums. I can't quite recall the name however.:rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong. But don't you have your own thread to talk about this nonsense? I think I may have seen one in the Pharmacy forums. I can't quite recall the name however.:rolleyes:

can you post the link to that thread?