University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Easiest is probably to fly into Portland and rent a car from there.

I know plenty of people fly into Boston and do the same thing.

That's what I did. The Portland airport is really nice and small and easy to rent a car from.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just called today. They said they aim to have all decisions out by the end of next week. Anyone else have deposits due tomorrow? I've been waiting to hear back from UNE before dropping a $2000 deposit on another school. The deadline's tomorrow so I guess I'm paying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called today. They said they aim to have all decisions out by the end of next week. Anyone else have deposits due tomorrow? I've been waiting to hear back from UNE before dropping a $2000 deposit on another school. The deadline's tomorrow so I guess I'm paying.

When did you interview? I'm sitting at 5 weeks ago so I hope it comes this week.
I hope you hear back soon!

$2000??:nailbiting: Refundable or no?

When did you interview? I'm sitting at 5 weeks ago so I hope it comes this week.
I hope you hear back soon!

Interviewed Nov 15th so sitting at 4 weeks. Thank you! I hope you hear back soon too!

$2000??:nailbiting: Refundable or no?

Non-refundable. I have to think of it like monopoly money or I'll lose my god damn mind lol

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed Nov 15th so sitting at 4 weeks. Thank you! I hope you hear back soon too!

Non-refundable. I have to think of it like monopoly money or I'll lose my god damn mind lol
Wow, that is insane. While it's great having acceptances, this is the part of the application process I didn't think to stress about before: getting caught in this weird trap of staggered acceptances and having to make rushed decisions with large amounts of money at stake. Luckily the schools I've interviewed/been accepted at so far only require a few hundred dollar deposits.

Members don't see this ad :)
About how long did it take for you all to receive an II after submitting your secondary?

Hmm. Are y'all from the northeast? I am from the south so I wonder if that's why I didn't.
Yea I am. that was what I was thinking when I got it, that they must have just sent it to people that are relatively local

Yea I am. that was what I was thinking when I got it, that they must have just sent it to people that are relatively local

Yea I would think so. Though I'll be stressing about it until I get my decision. Haha

Yea I would think so. Though I'll be stressing about it until I get my decision. Haha
I wouldn't stress. The invite specifies it is for all prospective students, applicants, future applicants accepted students etc. I don't think it means much.

I wouldn't stress. The invite specifies it is for all prospective students, applicants, future applicants accepted students etc. I don't think it means much.

Ok yea that is a fair point. Still hope I hear tomorrow though. Haha

OH MY GOD THIS IS KILLING ME. I'M A PERSONAL TRAINER SO I'M TAKING OUT ALL MY STRESS ON MY CLIENTS. THEY'RE GONNA BE SO SORE TODAY!!

Reactions: 6 users
The way it's worded makes it seem that the class is full.

waitlisted too fam =/. Honestly thought my interview was fantastic and could not have possibly gone any better. Funny how certain things work out. Thought I absolutely killed this interview and did so-so on two other schools and those two decide to accept me with lower acceptance rates lol.

ahhh well....

anyone know of how often people get off the waitlists?

Waiting for someone from this group to be accepted. If everyone is waitlisted, I will be pretty sure the class is full.

Based on old threads they seem to accept a lot of people off of their waitlist. Hoping that happens again. There are a lot of people here declining their acceptance, hopefully that clears up some spots for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Odd how every single person here has been wait-listed. That's very weird.

waitlisted too! I think the class may already be full...fingers crossed that there is a lot of movement in the waitlist!

Based on old threads they seem to accept a lot of people off of their waitlist. Hoping that happens again. There are a lot of people here declining their acceptance, hopefully that clears up some spots for us.

when you checked, did you happen to notice what the timeline for getting off those waitlists was? Just wondering if we can expect movement in Jan or like May (which for me, would probably be too late)

when you checked, did you happen to notice what the timeline for getting off those waitlists was? Just wondering if we can expect movement in Jan or like May (which for me, would probably be too late)
It looks like last year people started getting off of the waitlist at the beginning of February and it continued through June

Just got an II here for 1/26! Super excited and grateful, but based on the last few messages here it seems like the class is already full. Waitlist as a best case scenario (especially with so many rounds of interviews between my interview and the class size being full) is a bit depressing :(

Does UNE email their decisions or via snail mail?

wow lots of waitlisted people. I just got the rejection email :( but it's okay

@no0dles both

Is it even worth interviewing here if it seems like the class is full. I have an acceptance elsewhere and another interview early Jan. Debating if I want to drop the money on a plane ticket, rental car, and hotel for a waitlist..

My advice is, if you are invited for an interview, and you are seriously considering the school, then I would still go for the interview because it can only help you in getting accepted. If you are seriously considering the school and decide not to interview because the class may be full, then there is no chance of you being accepted. I know it's an obvious statement, but just keep that in mind with any school moving forward.

Also UNECOM's decisions are either acceptance or rejection. You are waitlisted if you are deemed accepted into the school, but they have already accepted the max amount allowed for the class. There is a lot of movement on the waitlist throughout the year and so don't lose hope if you are waitlisted and want to attend here. Hopefully there are some people either in the 1st year class or 2nd year class who were waitlisted and possibly chime in. I know they are busy with exams this week.

My advice is, if you are invited for an interview, and you are seriously considering the school, then I would still go for the interview because it can only help you in getting accepted. If you are seriously considering the school and decide not to interview because the class may be full, then there is no chance of you being accepted. I know it's an obvious statement, but just keep that in mind with any school moving forward.

Also UNECOM's decisions are either acceptance or rejection. You are waitlisted if you are deemed accepted into the school, but they have already accepted the max amount allowed for the class. There is a lot of movement on the waitlist throughout the year and so don't lose hope if you are waitlisted and want to attend here. Hopefully there are some people either in the 1st year class or 2nd year class who were waitlisted and possibly chime in. I know they are busy with exams this week.

Good luck with finals! I got waitlisted and interviewed in early November. So the class is full huh?

Good luck with finals! I got waitlisted and interviewed in early November. So the class is full huh?

I would say that the class is "full" based on the number of acceptances they offered out to interviewees, but not all of those offers have been accepted or rejected yet, so even if you are waitlisted now, you can get accepted early in the spring. So in that case I'm pretty sure they don't have a constantly updating system of how many people have accepted the offer and put deposits and how many people haven't decided yet, hence the waitlist since they probably can't offer more than they can take. This is just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.

Withdrew my acceptance. Great school in every way except for the mandatory attendance. Hope it goes to another member of SDN.

Reactions: 4 users
officially withdrew my acceptance here after debating with my mirror for a long time.
I hope it goes to one of y'all on the waitlist! good luck and happy holidays. :hello:

Reactions: 6 users
officially withdrew my acceptance here after debating with my mirror for a long time.
I hope it goes to one of y'all on the waitlist! good luck and happy holidays. :hello:

when did you interview? I interviewed Nov 30th, haven't heard back yet. :(