University Of Minnesota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oops... accidental double post! :(

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if we need to send an additional email for confirmation of receipt...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone knows how successful the campus assignment appeal (appealing to be reassigned the other campus) is?
I am trying to request to be reassigned from duluth to twin cities.

As far as I know, it's probably easier to get reassigned from Duluth --> TC rather than the other way around, but from my understanding, it's rare that they grant any of these requests.

As far as I know, it's probably easier to get reassigned from Duluth --> TC rather than the other way around, but from my understanding, it's rare that they grant any of these requests.

Yeah... Especially since they specifically said you need to choose which campus you are willing to go to during the interview day. I'm not sure how it would work because there are people who are already on the waitlist for TC.

Does anyone knows how successful the campus assignment appeal (appealing to be reassigned the other campus) is?

As far as I know they do not honor these requests unless there is a huge extenuating circumstance.

Hi ATPsynthase,

wats ur rank number? i am also a ranked waitlistee in lower 20's. I hope 5-6 more ppl drop out from UoM. I am getting anxious.

Sorry It will not happen

I'm 27.... :scared:

It seems nobody is refusing their acceptance at UoM. Hello there! Is there people who is refusing their acceptance? Does anyone know when is the due date for the admitted students to submit all their papers or letter of intention?

They went through the first 9 openings and it took until number 18, so that's almost half declining to go... just takes time now, they'll trickle in. If you're low 20s, you're in good shape I think. Also, they admitted someone on the first day of class last year, so I don't think you need to submit a letter, etc. before a certain date.

They went through the first 9 openings and it took until number 18, so that's almost half declining to go... just takes time now, they'll trickle in. If you're low 20s, you're in good shape I think. Also, they admitted someone on the first day of class last year, so I don't think you need to submit a letter, etc. before a certain date.

Guess you and me are the only people left in this forum. I am hoping that some of them decline their admission and you and me get lucky. Well i want to know the time given(due date) to the admitted student do all necessary work before they wish to reject the seat. If i know the time then i will able to guess what are our chances. Just curious! I saw your rejected admission at chicago. I too rejected my seat at some university because it is costing me twice the amount compared to UoM. So i am pinning all my hopes on UoM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess you and me are the only people left in this forum. I am hoping that some of them decline their admission and you and me get lucky. Well i want to know the time given(due date) to the admitted student do all necessary work before they wish to reject the seat. If i know the time then i will able to guess what are our chances. Just curious! I saw your rejected admission at chicago. I too rejected my seat at some university because it is costing me twice the amount compared to UoM. So i am pinning all my hopes on UoM.

Let me tell you a joke. If you are a gal let us become frds, and if you r a guy let us become gay!! Joke of the day! Hope it will bring some smile in your tense moment.

Let me tell you a joke. If you are a gal let us become frds, and if you r a guy let us become gay!! Joke of the day! Hope it will bring some smile in your tense moment.

Welp. I'm a guy... so... lol.

guys! its been 3 weeks and there has not been any movements. Damn! i am feeling unlucky here. Is there any people who are going to refuse their admission at UoM? Please ppl do soon.

guys! its been 3 weeks and there has not been any movements. Damn! i am feeling unlucky here. Is there any people who are going to refuse their admission at UoM? Please ppl do soon.
I'm sure you'll see more movement after July, when folks get their financial aid offers. Wait it out; that would be the logical time for people to make the decision to decline acceptance offers...though the way things are going in the Minnesota legislature, I wonder whether financial aid offers will even be ready by July (budgets for colleges haven't been set yet and the legislature is in an apparent deadlock over the new budget).

I'm sure you'll see more movement after July, when folks get their financial aid offers. Wait it out; that would be the logical time for people to make the decision to decline acceptance offers...though the way things are going in the Minnesota legislature, I wonder whether financial aid offers will even be ready by July (budgets for colleges haven't been set yet and the legislature is in an apparent deadlock over the new budget).
I

Thanks your for sharing your information. I wish accomplish few important things this summer and this waiting game is coming in my way.

Hi new first years!

Just wanted to put a quick word in to promote the pre-orientation social on July 27. I went last year and it was so helpful to get to know some names/faces of your classmates and the upperclassmen before school started! I definitely felt more comfortable coming into real orientation in September having gone.

I'm not sure if you had to RSVP already, but if not, I would encourage you to go!

Is anyone going to the pre-orientation on Wednesday? It is a really good time and a good opportunity to meet some people. Also if you are going, stop by the Phi Delta Chi house for some free ice cream and meet some pharmacy fraternity brothers! Hope to meet some of you there!

Does anyone know if U of MN will begin reviewing completed applications without the PCAT scores? I've taken the PCAT's in July and have completed my supp app as well as my PharmCas app already. Now, I'm just waiting for my scores to be sent. Will they review it without the PCAT? Some schools will initiate an interview request without one.

Does anyone know if U of MN will begin reviewing completed applications without the PCAT scores? I've taken the PCAT's in July and have completed my supp app as well as my PharmCas app already. Now, I'm just waiting for my scores to be sent. Will they review it without the PCAT? Some schools will initiate an interview request without one.
Hi pharmacy28,

I'm pretty sure the U won't review an application until it is complete, but if you contact the admissions office (http://www.pharmacy.umn.edu/pharmd/contact/home.html) they could give you the exact answer. They're quite helpful, too.

You also might check out the new thread I made for the Class of 2016 applicants. This thread is specific to the Class of 2015 applicants, so it might be sort of dead in here...