University Of Minnesota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to you guys!

Yeah, I would totally be interested in a PharmD/MPH, and I've inquired about it. The UMN said that they don't have an actual program, but a few pharmacy students had done it in the past. Some did it in 4 years and some did it in 5.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Magnum, I'm headed to UM Pharm this Fall and have been seriously considering the PharmD/MBA option...have you heard anything from anybody that's had any experience with the program or knows anything about it? Sounds like a really intriguing avenue

Congrats on being accepted! You going to TC or Duluth?

I'm still waiting on my decision letter but I know that Carlson is a top program and if I can pair that up with umn's excellent pharm program I can learn SOOO much in the next 5 years...

But right now I'm just hopin I get in

All i need is to get accepted for the PharmD program....... :laugh:
Technically...me too! :) Still waiting. I'm hoping I don't get waitlisted, mostly because I hate waiting. I'd almost rather be rejected than waitlisted...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd almost rather be rejected than waitlisted...

Are you for real?
I rather gradually loose hope and give up slowly through the waiting list than receiving the REJECTION LETTER abruptly which will make feel REJECTED without consideration.... :)

Are you for real?
I rather gradually loose hope and give up slowly through the waiting list than receiving the REJECTION LETTER abruptly which will make feel REJECTED without consideration.... :)
Well, a rejection letter would allow me to go ahead with my life, find gainful employment and work my butt off on getting my apps squared away for the next year rather than whiling away my hours on SDN or hoping an email from the SOP shows up....:laugh:

Well, a rejection letter would allow me to go ahead with my life, find gainful employment and work my butt off on getting my apps squared away for the next year rather than whiling away my hours on SDN or hoping an email from the SOP shows up....:laugh:

You are absolutely right... That's what am exactly going through right now.. :laugh:

I talked to Sara today, she said that the committee are working on the march 21 interviewees. So you should probably be getting good news in the next fews weeks or even days.. Goodluck

At this point I am thinking they send out bulk acceptances on Fridays or Mondays...by doing it that way, it gives them flexibility of knowing that any set of previous acceptances that weren't confirmed will just open up spots for them to make offers to new students; it would make that process a little easier on their end. So now I'm thinking no news us good news in the short term. By the 11th or "earlier", the earlier may refer to waitlist or rejection notices....who knows!!?? :shrug:
...it just may be the date they actually told us! April 11th, IMAGINE THAT!!

Last edited:
At this point I am thinking they send out bulk acceptances on Fridays or Mondays...by doing it that way, it gives them flexibility of knowing that any set of previous acceptances that weren't confirmed will just open up spots for them to make offers to new students; it would make that process a little easier on their end. So now I'm thinking no news us good news in the short term. By the 11th or "earlier", the earlier may refer to waitlist or rejection notices....who knows!!?? :shrug:
...it just may be the date they actually told us! April 11th, IMAGINE THAT!!

When I had my interview, they said we would hear by a Wednesday and I found out the Friday before by email that I was accepted. I'd say you'll get your acceptance emails earlier, and waitlist and rejection letters would be on the date they quoted you. I received my acceptance paperwork on the date I was quoted, through snail mail. Hope that helps and good luck!!

Has anybody else from the later interview dates heard from the school regarding acceptances, rejections or waitlist? Today was the day I was predicting we'd know our status by, but I'm guessing I predicted incorrectly. : )

Wooo Hoooo!!!...Just got my acceptance email at 8:52 am central time this morning!:banana:

I'm wishing everyone the best!!!! Keep a close eye on your email! (I interviewed March 11th)

Last edited:
Acceptance email came today around noon-ish. :)

Now I have to find a large pile of money to pay for school...;)

Congrats pharmschooler and fturepharmd!! i'll be seeing you in duluth!! :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by daisy937
Congrats pharmschooler and fturepharmd!! i'll be seeing you in duluth!!

That's AWSOME! :highfive: Congratulations!
It's weird I used to hate these little icons, now I just think they are funny

Last edited:
Just got an acceptance as well! Thanks everyone for their help and advice on this board!

Now just need UC Denver's letter as well before a decision can be made...

Congrats everyone... hopefully I can get in off the ranked waitlist... :\

I really love the school after going there for my undergrad, but unfortunately it was the only school I got waitlisted at... so here's to hoping.

Congrats again everyone.

Congratulations those who got accepted..:thumbup: and Goodluck to those who are still waiting.. :xf:

Congrats Pharmschooler, now u dont have to deal with the waiting game. :)

If anyone is going to the University of Minnesota Duluth campus for pharmacy school then you better be watching your future Bulldogs play for the NCAA National Championship this Saturday. It is in St. Paul, MINNESOTA so it is gonna be crazy! If you live in the Twin Cities area or even if you are near by I suggest coming down to St. Paul and drink a few beers for your future team! I graduated from the Duluth campus and I can say without a doubt we had way more fun and were might closer to each other than the TC kids......LET'S GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is going to the University of Minnesota Duluth campus for pharmacy school then you better be watching your future Bulldogs play for the NCAA National Championship this Saturday. It is in St. Paul, MINNESOTA so it is gonna be crazy! If you live in the Twin Cities area or even if you are near by I suggest coming down to St. Paul and drink a few beers for your future team! I graduated from the Duluth campus and I can say without a doubt we had way more fun and were might closer to each other than the TC kids......LET'S GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closer I will give you but more fun?!?...Thats debatable :)

but still go Bulldogs

There's certainly a sort of tension between the TC and Duluth kids lol.

We're NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! :)

University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone learned on their ranking number?

Last edited:
You should be receiving an email with your rank on the waitlist early next week.

I got my waitlist rank today. Does anyone know how many ppl are placed on the ranked waitlist?

I hate waiting!!!

That's goods news! I only know from the posts in the past that people in the 30 and under range seemed to have good success...wishing you well!

I got my waitlist rank today. Does anyone know how many ppl are placed on the ranked waitlist?

I hate waiting!!!

I got my ranking today.. I dont know how many ppl are on the ranked list, but i know that i have to wait for six people to decline their offers before they get to me.. :xf:

i hate waiting too. I got my rank today but i have stopped playing waiting game long time ago. Good luck!

good for you. I think you have a very high chance of getting in. infact u r in. congrats!

do u any idea what is the trend of ppl refusing their acceptance at UoM. Last year 44 ppl got in. But what about the trend for the past 3-5yrs?

do u any idea what is the trend of ppl refusing their acceptance at UoM. Last year 44 ppl got in. But what about the trend for the past 3-5yrs?
I think that's normal, or perhaps even a slightly lower number. I bet Sara Lofstrom could tell you via email.

I imagine if tuition rises at a higher rate than expected, you'll see more openings come July.

According to an email i received from the school today, there are 85 applicants on the ranked waitlist....
That is a big number for sure.. I wish the best of luck to everyone on the list including myself....

Those of you that are 40 or lower should feel pretty good about your chances. I will put my guess out there and will say that 45 people off of the waitlist will get in. I think there are a high amount of people that get accepted off of the waitlist because Minnesota is a high ranked school. What I mean by this is that based off of the ranking alone many people throw this school on their application to try and get in from all over the US. Many of which are from California. I'm sure many Californians would not pick Minnesota as their 1st pick of school so often drop (Obviously not in all cases, just what I have noticed in some situations). Keep your head up high and be positive about the situation.

Also if you don't get in there are many individuals that get ranked one year and don't get in but are accepted right away the next year because they know how to change their application to look stronger. Good luck to all of you!!

I am not sure if i should start celebrating with my ranking #7.... Maybe i should hold on for now bcoz u never know....:laugh:

I am not sure if i should start celebrating with my ranking #7.... Maybe i should hold on for now bcoz u never know....:laugh:
I think the likelihood of not getting in at #7 is pretty small...go ahead and celebrate!

Congratulations!! Your seat at U of MN is secured! I am so jealous of you!

I also received an e-mail from Stacy. I just need some clarification here. From the last year's statistics, 44 people from the waitlist got in, but it didn't say they offered admissions up to the 44th waitlistee. Because some waitlisted people who got accepted later refused their offers, the rank of the last waitlistee should be lower than 44, right? Does anyone know the exact rank number of the last waitlistee who was accepted?

Well, I will take your words and start getting wasted after my finals.. :laugh:

I hope we all get pulled out from the list..

Awsome! Congratulations!!!
Looking forward to being your classmate =)

I also received an e-mail from Stacy. I just need some clarification here. From the last year's statistics, 44 people from the waitlist got in, but it didn't say they offered admissions up to the 44th waitlistee. Because some waitlisted people who got accepted later refused their offers, the rank of the last waitlistee should be lower than 44, right? Does anyone know the exact rank number of the last waitlistee who was accepted?

I was number 28 last year and I got in, that's all I know for sure.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the school to give scholarships after the application deadline? Has anyone emailed their application to Peter Haeg? I did, but I didn't get a response saying that he received it.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the school to give scholarships after the application deadline? Has anyone emailed their application to Peter Haeg? I did, but I didn't get a response saying that he received it.

I turned mine in about a week and a half ago, and I have not received any notification either but at least we know we both are in same boat.

rwillia, did u do it via email?

Congrats Pharm001! Do u know what is the current waitlistee number?

Stacy said she would update us pretty regularly (hopefully weekly). When I talked with her last week about my waitlist number, she noted that NINE spots were open and they were offering the first NINE on the waitlist those positions. I would imagine not everyone accepted... they're probably anywhere from 10-14 at this point.

Edit: Congrats on getting in at #7. I'm at position #27... so I'm crossing things I didn't know I had hoping that I don't have to move to Missouri and can stay in my home state! :)

I can clarify this for you. The University overadmits the Twin Cities campus pretty heavily without having to go to the waitlist because they know many will decline due to cost, etc. so last year 213 (can't remember exact number) were offered admission NOT from the waitlist (this is due to overadmitting and from taking declinations from early cycle interviews into account). After this, there were still spots open and it took 44 students from the ranked waitlist to fill these extra spots. From Stacy, I know that the average number of withdrawals is ~20. Hope this helps you!

Last edited: