University of Michigan-Flint DPT class '12, who's going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i can't believe it's almost summer. before we know it we'll be starting PT school! have you guys checked out our schedule yet? it's going to be busy tuesday/thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you already registered for classes?

no. we can't register yet...can we? i just looked at the fall and winter class schedules posted on the school's website.

Members don't see this ad :)
OIC. When I logged onto SIS, it said I could register on April 2nd. I decided not to because I didn't know if they wanted us to or not. I figure I'll wait until the orientation unless they tell us to register beforehand. (Plus, for the anatomy course, I couldn't have registered anyway, it was already closed)

OIC. When I logged onto SIS, it said I could register on April 2nd. I decided not to because I didn't know if they wanted us to or not. I figure I'll wait until the orientation unless they tell us to register beforehand. (Plus, for the anatomy course, I couldn't have registered anyway, it was already closed)

I called the school office a couple days ago, and they told me that we register for our classes during the Orientation in July.

yeah, i figured we would register at orientation. i was just curious to see what our schedule would look like.

so does anyone think there is a possibilities of one of us not getting an apartment? like will there be enough available for all of us? just wondering!

hmm...good question, I have no idea though...I did just call the PT department, and they didn't really give me any useful information, it did however sound like we'll find out everything at the Orientation in July...donno if it'll be too late to start apt hunting then.

So I just talked to one of the professors I met when I visited the campus and she confirmed that most of the students live in the Thornridge Apartment Complex and she hasn't heard of anyone having problems actually getting an apartment, so that's good news! Also, if anyone was wondering where to get cute things for your apartment on the cheap, check out TJ Maxx... I bought some stuff there yesterday and didn't spend a lot of money!

Hey,

I am going to U of M Flint's DPT program in the fall. I just found this website and am really excited! I have been apartment searching for awhile now too, and you are correct that Flint is not that nice of an area. Where are you from? I've been leaning towards places in Grand Blanc - Thornridge Apartments and Davison- Charter Oaks. Both are not far from campus and in nice areas.

I'm going to U of M's DPT program as well and really liked Thornridge. Did you sign a lease there?

Hey! I just graduated from Grand Valley State University and am attending U of M Flint DPT this fall. I'm glad I finally found other people joining as well. I also requested to join the facebook group. I've been reading previous posts and i totally agree with THORNRIDGE. That's the place I am leaning towards. Maybe if there's lots of us living there we can car pool and save on gas :laugh:.

Hey! I just graduated from Grand Valley State University and am attending U of M Flint DPT this fall. I'm glad I finally found other people joining as well. I also requested to join the facebook group. I've been reading previous posts and i totally agree with THORNRIDGE. That's the place I am leaning towards. Maybe if there's lots of us living there we can car pool and save on gas :laugh:.

Hi there! Welcome! :) I've confirmed your request on facebook.

I'm not sure which apartment complex I'll stay in, probably either Thornridge or Perryplace, I'm gonna go check them out sometime in June or July and then see which one I like more.

So is everyone planning on living by themselves or getting a roommate? I think I'm totally set on living by myself because I had a horrible roommate this past year at college and I don't think I could deal with that again lol. However, I'm like freaking out about safety... but if we all live in the same complex then that probably wouldn't be a problem! I'm also aiming for Thornridge... the lady I spoke to on the phone there was super nice and I've read some good reviews about it! Plus there's laundry facilities in every building!

So is everyone planning on living by themselves or getting a roommate? I think I'm totally set on living by myself because I had a horrible roommate this past year at college and I don't think I could deal with that again lol. However, I'm like freaking out about safety... but if we all live in the same complex then that probably wouldn't be a problem! I'm also aiming for Thornridge... the lady I spoke to on the phone there was super nice and I've read some good reviews about it! Plus there's laundry facilities in every building!

I'm planning on living by myself too, but you are right, safety would be a concern, I suppose we could all at least live in the same building and be neighbors! :)

yeah that would be cool if we could just reserve a building that all the dpt students could live in at a complex lol

Hey Guys! So the professor I've been in contact with just emailed me about the new facebook group for PT students at UM-Flint. Here's the email:
Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that the UM-Flint Physical Therapy Department now has it’s very own Facebook fan page. Click on the link below to become a fan and get daily updates including events, job opportunities, announcements, and lots of other fun stuff. If you are not already a member of Facebook join today…it’s easy and FREE!

To become a fan click here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flint-MI/UM-Flint-Physical-Therapy-Department/84691854393

Hey Guys! So I went up to Grand Blanc yesterday and secured myself an apartment! My mom and I looked at Heatherwood, The Landings at Fountain Pointe, and Thornridge. Heatherwood was the nicest but the most expensive... and in my own personal opinion, the Fountain Pointe Apartments were the worst! I ended up going with Thornridge because of the special they have going on right now and I think I got a great deal! For those of us on Facebook, I'm going to comment on what building I'm going to be living in in the DPT class of '12 group incase people who haven't secured an apartment want to try to live in the same building so we're all close! Thornridge is a pretty big complex!
Also, me and my mom were thinking that maybe a bunch of us if we live near each other can go in together on a Sam's Club membership. I think it's a good idea because then we can all save money and if we buy stuff in bulk like food or something we can split it up between ourselves to save more money!

That sounds like a good idea, except I think Sams club only allows the account holder and the account holder's spouse to use the membership. I could be wrong though. Maybe there's a group membership? It'd definitely be worth checking out.