University of Miami Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome, good luck!
I interviewed the week right after you did and still haven't heard anything yet...but it seems like you already got into nova so you shouldn't bee TOO nervous, nova has a great program from my understanding..just no football team :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeaaaah I'm relieved to be in at nova but I really, really want UM! I feel pretty good about my chances but I also am dreading paying the deposit for Nova, I have one more week.

I also applied to fiu but haven't heard a peep. What made you choose nova over fiu?

I actually ended up choosing USA over nova over FIU lol but the only reason I chose nova over fiu at first is because my parents live in Pembroke Pines so living at home would've been an option..and on top of that they start in May vs fiu starting in September, but both programs are amazing so either would've been a win-win.

As far as the deposit goes I know exactly how you feel, I was debating paying it or waiting it out and I actually ended up finding out my acceptance into USA two days after I decided I wasn't going to pay the deposit (what a relief haha!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually ended up choosing USA over nova over FIU lol but the only reason I chose nova over fiu at first is because my parents live in Pembroke Pines so living at home would've been an option..and on top of that they start in May vs fiu starting in September, but both programs are amazing so either would've been a win-win.

As far as the deposit goes I know exactly how you feel, I was debating paying it or waiting it out and I actually ended up finding out my acceptance into USA two days after I decided I wasn't going to pay the deposit (what a relief haha!)

I'm tempted to not pay it but I think I would just keel over from the stress of declining my one and only acceptance! You obviously have way more confidence in your app than I do.

*crossing my fingers that I hear from UM this week*

If nova is the only acceptance you have ATM I would definitely put down the deposit...you will be kicking yourself in the head in a worst case scenario if UM wait lists you and you lost your nova seat..I called nova a few weeks ago asking for an extension and they said no exceptions for anyone :(

I emailed admissions and they said we probably won't hear back until after the new year, so I'm paying the deposit for Nova. I'm starting to consider going to Nova no matter what, because I'll be living in Ft. Lauderdale regardless. It's just so mysterious since they didn't do interviews and I haven't really gotten a feel for the school like I did with Miami.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to the school and ask for a tour they will show you around and answer all your questions. Miami is my number one choice but Nova is way nicer

Go to the school and ask for a tour they will show you around and answer all your questions. Miami is my number one choice but Nova is way nicer

Why is Miami your number one? I've heard so many different opinions but never anything bad about Miami, while I have heard bad things about Nova. My boyfriends family is in cooper city/Davie and some work in the healthcare industry, they've all told me it doesn't matter and that nova has a great reputation but some PTs have said otherwise... I just wish I had a crystal ball!

Miami is my number one for all the wrong reasons lol. I wanted to go to a well known florida school and good at sports. I also love Miami and the culture there. The facility's are not impressive but Jhelane is very nice and I'm sure the education is top notch, but is it better then nova, hard to say....Nova called me personally to speak with me and had taken the time to FULLY review my application, so I feel committed to them, and have already paid my deposit. Miami hasn't even given me and interview so I'm mad at them lol

I just received an acceptance email from the U this afternoon! Such a great surprise. I will more than likely be attending in the spring.

Thanks! I hear your frustration. It seems like you really have no way of knowing what is going on when it comes to the admissions committees and how they run things behind the scenes. They don't really guarantee any sort of time frame, so hard to hold them to one unfortunately. Hang in there!

I just got an acceptance to UMPT! Super stoked!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey b0rganic, its Anthony from our 11/16 session. Congrats!

Got my UMPT acceptance yesterday evening! Can't wait to meet everyone! I had 11/15 interview date.

Congrats!! Do you mind posting your stats and when you interviewed?

I interviewed on 11/16.
GPA: cumulative 3.71, prereq 3.67
GRE: verbal: 157; quant: 152; writing: 4.5

Hey livelifeliftting, for what it's worth, I called admissions about a week ago and they told me they were meeting to review the applicants the next day and that they would notify me within one to two weeks. A week later, I heard from them. I'm thinking you should be hearing from them soon if you interviewed around the same time I did.

I interviewed on 11/16.
GPA: cumulative 3.71, prereq 3.67
GRE: verbal: 157; quant: 152; writing: 4.5

Hey livelifeliftting, for what it's worth, I called admissions about a week ago and they told me they were meeting to review the applicants the next day and that they would notify me within one to two weeks. A week later, I heard from them. I'm thinking you should be hearing from them soon if you interviewed around the same time I did.

I interviewed in mid October and haven't heard anything :( everytime I've talked to them about a timeline for hearing back they've been very vague... I'm trying to operate under the assumption that I'm not getting in.

First and foremost, congrats to those that have been accepted. For those who are still waiting to hear back, TRY to remain as positive as possible and know that it isn't over until it's over; if you didn't get a rejection letter, then there is still hope. Trust me, I know the stress and headache that this process causes, but in the end, it will be worth it...On another note, I was also accepted into to PT program at UM. I look forward to getting to know my future classmates/friends more. :)

First and foremost, congrats to those that have been accepted. For those who are still waiting to hear back, TRY to remain as positive as possible and know that it isn't over until it's over; if you didn't get a rejection letter, then there is still hope. Trust me, I know the stress and headache that this process causes, but in the end, it will be worth it...On another note, I was also accepted into to PT program at UM. I look forward to getting to know my future classmates/friends more. :)

Thanks for the positive words! Mind telling us when you interviewed and when you heard back? Thanks!

Always glad to help my fellow DPT pursuers... I interviewed on 11/16, and heard back on 12/17.

For all of y'all who have been accepted and plan on attending, there is a UM DPT class of 2017 (this is how it's listed) Facebook page that has been created for the incoming class. Happy New Years!!!!

has anyone heard of when the second round of acceptances may be happening? or if there is even going to be a second round of acceptances?

I just got and interview for 1/31, so there better be another round lol

okay haha I really loved Miami, so I am hoping I still stand a chance! I interviewed in November and haven't heard anything yet, so if anyone knows anything it would be very helpful!

Who did you guys interview with? I'm interviewing this Friday with Dr. Robert Gailey. Any info would be great!!!

Hi everyone I'm a first year PT student at UM and as far as I'm aware they're still doing interviews here and haven't accepted the full class size yet for 2017.

As far as acceptances, the consensus from my class is different across the board. I heard within a week but my interview was in February last year. There were some people although that interviewed in November and didn't hear for a few months so don't count yourselves out yet.

As far as the facilities are concerned, they aren't the best but they do have everything we need here. The family atmosphere and high caliber of the professors is unbeatable in my opinion.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

What and Awesome program man. Just had my interview, and was really impressed with the faculty and students opinion of the program. Great energy from the whole program,All the current students were smiling and happy to be there on a Friday and help out. I have been to and interview where that feeling was not present. Congrats to all who have been accepted!!! Hopefully I will get and acceptance in the next month!!!

Has anybody who interviewed in January been notified? My interview was 1/31, and they said the adcom was meeting last week and should know "Soon" after.

Has anybody who interviewed in January been notified? My interview was 1/31, and they said the adcom was meeting last week and should know "Soon" after.

I don't know who's on the admissions committee, but any delays may be due to the fact that a large number of the academic faculty were present at CSM last week.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I interviewed in November and still have not heard back, and they said it would be before March!

I interviewed in November and just found out that I got in today! I would just stay patient, I would imagine you will hear back sometime this month.

Congrats! Miami is one of my top choices so I guess ill just continue to be patient and hope for the best!

I interviewed in November and just found out that I got in today! I would just stay patient, I would imagine you will hear back sometime this month.
Awesome! Congratulations! Do you plan to attend? If so, there is a Facebook page set up for incoming students under UM DPT 2017

Ugh I had a phone interview back in November and haven't heard anything since!!! I am so anxious. Did anyone else here have a phone interview? I interviewed last year at the campus and was waitlisted and ended up having to reapply again for this year

Awesome! Congratulations! Do you plan to attend? If so, there is a Facebook page set up for incoming students under UM DPT 2017
Thanks! I have to sit down this weekend and really think about it. I have already sent in my deposit to Delaware, which I was very impressed with, but I also loved Miami (which has been looking even better after this subzero winter :p).

Congratulations on your acceptance!! How did they inform you? Mail? Email? Phone?

Ugh I had a phone interview back in November and haven't heard anything since!!! I am so anxious. Did anyone else here have a phone interview? I interviewed last year at the campus and was waitlisted and ended up having to reapply again for this year

What were your stats if you don't mind? I just interviewed on the 1/31 Miami is my top choice so I'm dying to hear back!

Congratulations on your acceptance!! How did they inform you? Mail? Email? Phone?

Thanks! They informed me via email. The email says that they are sending an official letter in the mail, and that I have 10 days to send in my deposit from the time I get the letter. Here are my stats:

The Ohio State University
Major: Business Administration: Operations Management
Cum GPA: 3.65 (Mostly business classes)
Prereq GPA: 3.30
GRE: 158 Q, 159 V, 4.5 AW
Observation: 7 months as a rehab tech at SNF, 20 hours Outpatient
EC: Currently working as rehab tech, Sportsmanship Council, Business internships and qualifications

Spoke to UM today and was told all applicants will know their status by 3/1 and was also told that the 2017 class is only half filled!
Keeping my fingers crossed!

^ thanks for update AlexFLA! i've literally been checking my mailbox since november lol

22 seats left.... It's gonna be close!!

I was emailed today with a notification that I was placed on the waitlist. I interviewed way back on Nov 1st, so this email was a long time-coming haha. Regardless, I plan on notifying UM that I wish to be taken off of the waitlist due to the fact that I will be attending my top-choice university.

Erin

Denied yesterday... Going to Nova southeastern! Good luck to all!