University of Houston C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another question I have is, say you get accepted to UH or any other Pharmacy school....how long do you have to accept their offer and make a payment before they move on to another candidate?

What study guides did u use to study for the pcat ? and how long did you study for? To answer your question, it depends on the school .. tsu for example requies 3 days while uh i think requires a week.. the deposits also differs too

Members don't see this ad.

What study guides did u use to study for the pcat ? and how long did you study for? To answer your question, it depends on the school .. tsu for example requies 3 days while uh i think requires a week.. the deposits also differs too
wow 3 days??? a week??? these guys dont play I see...but thanks.....

As for study guides I used Kaplan Books as well as Dr Collins and scored 78%....not too bad for a guy who works 48 hours a week.......!!!! Im ok with that...

Members don't see this ad :)
As for study guides I used Kaplan Books as well as Dr Collins and scored 78%....not too bad for a guy who works 48 hours a week.......!!!! Im ok with that...

Wow.
How long did u study for the pcat ?

Not sure if to apply here. I'm a non-traditional student with a bachelors in chem, minor in bio, 3.4 GPA and 3.2 science. My PCAT was a 55 sadly. tech for 3 years.I scored really well on science but verbal killed me. I may retake it in November. Thoughts?

Not sure if to apply here. I'm a non-traditional student with a bachelors in chem, minor in bio, 3.4 GPA and 3.2 science. My PCAT was a 55 sadly. tech for 3 years.I scored really well on science but verbal killed me. I may retake it in November. Thoughts?
3 years of pharmacy experience is a good and the same for a bachelors degree. Perhaps take the PCAT again and apply?

I got an interview date for October 10th, but going through your stats, I noticed I have a much lower PCAT score and definitely less EC. I am much more nervous about the interview. I wonder how I even got one! Do you guys know how long it'll take for them to let you know whether you got accepted or not?

I got an interview date for October 10th, but going through your stats, I noticed I have a much lower PCAT score and definitely less EC. I am much more nervous about the interview. I wonder how I even got one! Do you guys know how long it'll take for them to let you know whether you got accepted or not?

It's two weeks from Oct. 10th for ED, so by Oct 24th we should know if we were accepted, tabled, or rejected. UH looks at a lot more than just PCAT and EC, pharmacy experience counts a LOT as well as the interview itself so don't discredit yourself so early on! A lot of ED interviewees get accepted early on because UH has rolling admissions so that plays a lot in your favor! Hope to see you there! What time is your interview?

what did u score on ur pcat ?

It's two weeks from Oct. 10th for ED, so by Oct 24th we should know if we were accepted, tabled, or rejected. UH looks at a lot more than just PCAT and EC, pharmacy experience counts a LOT as well as the interview itself so don't discredit yourself so early on! A lot of ED interviewees get accepted early on because UH has rolling admissions so that plays a lot in your favor! Hope to see you there! What time is your interview?
My interview is at 7:40! And I got a 77 PCAT comp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been reading this post for weeks and decided to create an account and join the discussion!
ED Interview at 730am. Lets do this!

Overall GPA 2.98 (freshman year was not very flattering to say the least)
Upward progression: 1.9 --> 2.9 --> 3.4 --> 3.6 --> 3.5
B.S. Biology UH C/o 2014 (yes i took a victory lap)
PCAT Comp: 98% (Dr. Collins 4 life)
5 months pharmacy experience
Lab rotation at breast cancer lab at UMKC pharmacy school.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Been reading this post for weeks and decided to create an account and join the discussion!
ED Interview at 730am. Lets do this!

Overall GPA 2.98 (freshman year was not very flattering to say the least)
Upward progression: 1.9 --> 2.9 --> 3.4 --> 3.6 --> 3.5
B.S. Biology UH C/o 2014 (yes i took a victory lap)
PCAT Comp: 98% (Dr. Collins 4 life)
5 months pharmacy experience
Lab rotation at breast cancer lab at UMKC pharmacy school.

Good luck everyone!

wow did u only use dr. collins to study ? and how long did u study for d pcat ? goodluck

Let's hope they admit most of us ED applicants under the rolling admissions process

Reactions: 1 users
Let's hope they admit most of us ED applicants under the rolling admissions process

From what I've heard, most everyone who gets an ED interview gets in as long as you aren't super socially awkward or something at the interview. They really like that you apply ED. Works really well in our favor!!!

Reactions: 1 user
wow did u only use dr. collins to study ? and how long did u study for d pcat ? goodluck

Yes, solely Dr. Collins. But having taken 4 years of biology courses really makes the work load easier. it was less studying and mostly reviewing for me. Collins has some holes, very few, but its a super competent guide to the PCAT. I've even heard some of the words on verbal are IDENTICAL!!!!!!!!!! to the ones on PCAT.

It was really great to meet you all! Now we wait! Good luck to you all!

We met at the very end waiting for the financial guy. :)

Last edited:
It was really great to meet you all! Now we wait! Good luck to you all!

I was so excited to meet some of you SDN-ers! The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't stay consistent with when we would get our results. Some said after 4 weeks, others by Oct 24th, and some others after 3 weeks. Hopefully it's after 2 weeks but it's a good thing that they said they will send very few denial letters! Most will be acceptance or waitlist!

Yeah, I heard some of that inconsistency too from the interviewers. I would go with what Mr. Ely said and trust the October 24th date.

Yeah, I heard some of that inconsistency too from the interviewers. I would go with what Mr. Ely said and trust the October 24th date.

Yeah since he is the director of admissions, I guess he knows best! How do you think you did with the personal interview and the group project?

Nichole. We met at the very end waiting for the financial guy. :)
How did the personal and group interview go ? and how many applicants were there? did alot of people apply for early decisions ? any advice for regular applicants will be nice..thanks

Yeah since he is the director of admissions, I guess he knows best! How do you think you did with the personal interview and the group project?
I'm not sure about my interview. There were some quiet moments, but it was fairly relaxed. I thought the group project was fun and it was interesting to collaborate with a group of strangers. I liked it. You?

How did the personal and group interview go ? and how many applicants were there? did alot of people apply for early decisions ? any advice for regular applicants will be nice..thanks

For the personal interview, just be yourself. I know it's cliche but it's really the only thing they are looking at. The whole point of the interview is to show your personality and see who you are. For the group interview, make sure you don't just give in because everyone else has a certain opinion and keep the discussion going.

I'm not sure about my interview. There were some quiet moments, but it was fairly relaxed. I thought the group project was fun and it was interesting to collaborate with a group of strangers. I liked it. You?

I had just gotten sick the night before, so my interview wasn't as good as I had hoped. I felt like I kept rambling to keep it going and sometimes I would forget the questions. But overall, the interview was pretty relaxed. Both of my interviewers kept it like a conversation and we joked around a lot so that was good!

I had just gotten sick the night before, so my interview wasn't as good as I had hoped. I felt like I kept rambling to keep it going and sometimes I would forget the questions. But overall, the interview was pretty relaxed. Both of my interviewers kept it like a conversation and we joked around a lot so that was good!

Oh man! I was sick too! Bronchitis since Sunday. Ugh! My interviewers both seemed quiet.

Oh man! I was sick too! Bronchitis since Sunday. Ugh! My interviewers both seemed quiet.

Aww man that stinks! I've had a sinus infection for like 2 days and today was the worst of it. Who did you have again?

were they alot of ed applcants ? just curious to see how many applied for ED

Yeah there were quite a few ED applicants. There were about 40 in the morning session and I assume about the same for the afternoon session so about 80 total. There were a few regular decision applicants yesterday at the interview but the majority were ED.

Man, everyone says these interviews are so relaxed, but I think that my interviewers were tough! Though I think I did pretty well, and sustained myself through the pressure, it is def not a conversation like everyone says. You should be yourself and have several stories for incidental questions that they ask, but it's not a walk in the park like everyone makes it out to be.

I was for the group interview, it really depends on the personalities you are surrounded by. Some people might be more stern then others, and it's tough to change their minds if the group agrees as a whole. But overall I think it's not too bad and everyone's trying to do the best so the final outcome comes out pretty well.

Definitely find sample questions, and have answers for them so you are not stumbling around with your words before you answer. It's okay to pause before you answer the question and think about it. But make sure your answers are fully thought out and coherent so they know that you're a good speaker and have good knowledge about what you're talking about

Last edited:
From what I've heard, most everyone who gets an ED interview gets in as long as you aren't super socially awkward or something at the interview. They really like that you apply ED. Works really well in our favor!!!
Yeah a p1 told me something similar before my group exercise.

Yeah a p1 told me something similar before my group exercise.
And since they aren't really doing rejection letters this year for ED, I would assume that they aren't going to wait-list like 50 people in just the first interview.

And since they aren't really doing rejection letters this year for ED, I would assume that they aren't going to wait-list like 50 people in just the first interview.
I'm pretty sure you get 3 options with your application. Wait list, reject, or acceptance. That's what Ely said before we left.

I'm pretty sure you get 3 options with your application. Wait list, reject, or acceptance. That's what Ely said before we left.

I was on the third floor with a couple of P1 students and about 10 applicants when one of the admission adivsors told us that they are changing their admissions protocol for this year. She said that while they might send out a couple of rejection letters to people who totally bombed the interview, most will get an acceptance or wait-listed. Literally almost the exact words that came out of her mouth. She said not to worry that if you made it this far, you have a good shot. She made it sound like they might send 5 rejection letters and that's about it.

Man for my interview it didn't seem so laid back. I even forgot to go back to answer one of the questions I skipped. Kicking myself right now.

I was on the third floor with a couple of P1 students and about 10 applicants when one of the admission adivsors told us that they are changing their admissions protocol for this year. She said that while they might send out a couple of rejection letters to people who totally bombed the interview, most will get an acceptance or wait-listed. Literally almost the exact words that came out of her mouth. She said not to worry that if you made it this far, you have a good shot. She made it sound like they might send 5 rejection letters and that's about it.
Yup, that's what I made out of what they said too, but I feel like the wait list is even worse than rejection! Not being certain if you got accepted or not and constantly having to worry about it. Takes the whole point out of applying ED. If I was gonna wait to know about my status till the very end, I would have just applied during RD.

Man for my interview it didn't seem so laid back. I even forgot to go back to answer one of the questions I skipped. Kicking myself right now.

Man that sucks! The ones that I had skipped, my interviewers went back and reread the questions to me to make sure I answered all of them! :(

Got my interview invite this morning! I got my last letter of rec last night lol, that was fast

Only 4 days till the 24th! I hope we won't have to wait another week. I'm getting mini strokes everytime I get an email :|

Reactions: 2 users
2 more days holy crap, this wait is killing me ><

2 more days holy crap, this wait is killing me ><
I feel like a little part of me dies every time I get an email. I never knew how many emails I get every day before these last 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users