University of Houston C/O 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who would you guys choose between a&m and U of H and why? I am from houston but am really leaning toward a&m.

Members don't see this ad.

Who would you guys choose between a&m and U of H and why? I am from houston but am really leaning toward a&m.
I would not opt out of attending a local school especially if it's an established one like UH. The cost of relocating elsewhere just wouldn't justify it IMO. (They actually asked me a question about this at the A&M interview.)

Hello future P1s, my name is Jun and I am a current P1 at UHCOP. I have one and possibly two rooms for rent. It is a 2 story townhouse about 20 minutes from school, super quiet neighborhood. Rent is only 500 dollars. Please email me if you are looking for a place to stay! [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)

I am from Houston too and I will be saving a lot of money not having to move to another city in Texas like Kingsville. Aside from the money saved I just feel Houston has a lot to offer to its students through the Texas Medical Center as well as its curriculum and student organizations. I have had the pleasure to work with both a clinical pharmacist and a retail pharmacist who attended UofH and both told me how much the program helped them in guiding them through their different paths. Hope this helps!

Has anyone from the march 11th interview heard anything?

Did they tell you anything between your interview and when you got wait listed? Seems like a long wait

Members don't see this ad :)
3.7 overall (higher prerequisite) and 84 composite. What about you?

3.6 Gpa and a 76 composite. Once i hear something regardless of good or bad Ill post on here. I really just want to know either way and stop worrying about where im going.

What do you mean by wait listed? Is it the same thing as tabled they were talking on the interview day? Hope everything goes well for u

I got wait listed as well. interviewed 2/23. I received the email yesterday :(

What do you mean by wait listed? Is it the same thing as tabled they were talking on the interview day? Hope everything goes well for u

Thank you, you as well! Wait listed basically means you have a chance if someone declines their acceptance offer. They rank you on the waiting list. So say you're #1 on the list and someone declines..then they will offer you a spot first. They will go down the list until all the spots are filled.

I hope this makes sense lol

do you guys know how many seats are left over? I surprisingly got a call yesterday inviting me to an interview this saturday! i am FREAKING OUT

do you guys know how many seats are left over? I surprisingly got a call yesterday inviting me to an interview this saturday! i am FREAKING OUT

This Saturday?!? Wow they are still doing interviews? Good luck!!

Any word from anyone from the march 11th interview? I know someone said on Tuesday they got wait listed, but haven't seen/ heard anything from anyone else

yeeeeeep this saturday!! they only gave me two days to prepare the questions and essay!! so i dont know what my actual chances are.. :/

In a mass email sent a little over a week ago to everyone who accepted the offer, I counted 92 recipients. And yikes, I thought being given 5 days to complete the pre-interview questionnaire/essay was too little time back then. Just focus on your preparation now and best of luck!

In a mass email sent a little over a week ago to everyone who accepted the offer, I counted 92 recipients. And yikes, I thought being given 5 days to complete the pre-interview questionnaire/essay was too little time back then. Just focus on your preparation now and best of luck!

If that's true, isn't the total seat number around 110? That means they still have seats to fill, though they also created a waitlist...I'm not sure what they're doing.

If that's true, isn't the total seat number around 110? That means they still have seats to fill, though they also created a waitlist...I'm not sure what they're doing.

That's odd. Never heard of a school taking that route

Perhaps they were saving spots for the recent interview dates. :shrug: But yeah, I found it weird too. Shouldn't UH still be doing the table thing instead if one isn't immediately accepted/rejected and the class is yet full?

Perhaps they were saving spots for the recent interview dates. :shrug: But yeah, I found it weird too. Shouldn't UH still be doing the table thing instead if one isn't immediately accepted/rejected and the class is yet full?

maybe? I am really unsure at the moment. In all honesty I just want to hear from them one way or another so i can make my final decision and put where i'm going to be for the next four years out of my head. This process has been extremely stressful. :thumbdown:

congrats cougar09. btw is the 09 your graduation year?

i interviewed on the 23rd...fingers crossed on a call!

congrats cougar09. btw is the 09 your graduation year?

i interviewed on the 23rd...fingers crossed on a call!

Yes 09 was when I graduated from high school. Thank you so much! I wish you the best!

Does anyone know where I can find the graduation rates?

Does anyone know the number of people who are on the wait list?

Is there any sort of pre-orientation?

Yes! There's a week long mandatory orientation at UH main campus the week prior to the beginning of school. It's a lot of fun, information, and a great way to meet your future classmates. A lot of P2s and P3s will be around too helping out so you get to meet them too.

Yes! There's a week long mandatory orientation at UH main campus the week prior to the beginning of school. It's a lot of fun, information, and a great way to meet your future classmates. A lot of P2s and P3s will be around too helping out so you get to meet them too.

Thanks!! :)

Does anyone know on average how many people they accept off the wait list each year? :confused:

do you guys know when classes start?? and which areas are recommended to live?

do you guys know when classes start?? and which areas are recommended to live?

Classes start August 26th! I live in the Woodlands area but I am planning on moving. It is a great area, but way too far away from the school. I would also like to know what a good area to live is.

Classes start August 26th! I live in the Woodlands area but I am planning on moving. It is a great area, but way too far away from the school. I would also like to know what a good area to live is.
Hey, that's where I live too! I'll most likely be commuting though, at least during P1 year.:p

Hey, that's where I live too! I'll most likely be commuting though, at least during P1 year.:p

I might lean toward commuting too! I like living here, and the commute would only be bad at certain times of the day. Even if I stay in the woodlands, I need to find a decent priced apartment. They are raising mine to$1100!!!!!!! Students can't afford that!!! :scared: