University of Houston C/O 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind sharing, but when did you submit your application?

I submitted my application in august but it didn't get processed until October

Members don't see this ad.

Getting nervous now in waiting. Anyone heard back from the 27th interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone receiving interviews, what were you guys PCAT scores?

Still not hearing back from the 27th interview. Does anyone hear anything back??

10/27. I was getting anxious bc they said they would get back in a month and it's been a month +1 day grrrr ha ha

10/27. I was getting anxious bc they said they would get back in a month and it's been a month +1 day grrrr ha ha

How early did you submit your application/ had everything verified by PharmCAS? Seems like not a lot of people heard back from UH yet?

Submitted early july, took pcat mid july, verified end of july.

Pretty sure my stuff was sent out the first round some time in August.

I believe the group wasn't very big, probably around 15-20 people during the interview so who knows how many were accepted and out of those few, who knows how many are active on sdn.

hey guys
anybody knows where I can find questions they usually ask in the interview?:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just get an rejection email:(
Good lucky to everyone!

Just get an rejection email:(
Good lucky to everyone!

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing them? Good luck with your applications for other schools.

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing them? Good luck with your applications for other schools.

86 Composite PCAT, 8 months pharmacy experience as a tech, and 200 hrs volunteering.
I guess I really need to strengthen my interview skill...:(
Good luck to you too ajsnn!

86 Composite PCAT, 8 months pharmacy experience as a tech, and 200 hrs volunteering.
I guess I really need to strengthen my interview skill...:(
Good luck to you too ajsnn!

Wow. You seem like a really strong candidate. What is your GPA if you don't mind me asking? Did they give you any feedback? Are you / have you applied for other schools? I wish you all the best. :luck:

Wow. You seem like a really strong candidate. What is your GPA if you don't mind me asking? Did they give you any feedback? Are you / have you applied for other schools? I wish you all the best. :luck:
Thank you pharmsmurf
I take pre-pharmacy courses in community college, and my total GPA is 4.0. Still have couple schools waiting for interview, hope everything go better:xf:

I just got an interview invite for Jan. 12. I'm really excited because this school is my 1st choice.

I just got an interview invite for Jan. 12. I'm really excited because this school is my 1st choice.

Good luck:luck:
Can i ask when did you submitted the suplementals? I am waiting fir mine too!

Congrats on getting the interview! If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? UH is also up there on my list.

for those who received an interview today, what were you guy's pcat scores and gpa if you dont mind me asking

For those who got interview on jan 12th,when did you submitted your supplementals?

I sent my supplemental app in late Sept.

For those who got interview on jan 12th,when did you submitted your supplementals?

Date E-Submitted via PharmCAS: mid October
Mailing Date by PharmCAS: mid November
Supp. Application e-mail from UH: early November and returned same day
Offer to interview Jan 12: yesterday...woohoo :soexcited:

Date E-Submitted via PharmCAS: mid October
Mailing Date by PharmCAS: mid November
Supp. Application e-mail from UH: early November and returned same day
Offer to interview Jan 12: yesterday...woohoo :soexcited:

Would you mind if I ask you about your PCAT score?

for those who received an interview today, what were you guy's pcat scores and gpa if you dont mind me asking

Composite: 91, gpa: 3.91, but I still have a way to go yet. Also, a little worried as another subscriber interviewed with a composite 86, gpa 4.0, 8mths pharmacy tech exp, etc and was unsuccessful.....:) eek!

my overall gpa according to pharmcas is a 3.28 but after doing my tech supplemental my prereq gpa is 2.95 =/ .
PCAT: 90 composite
I'm a little worried about getting accepted because of my low prereq gpa

my overall gpa according to pharmcas is a 3.28 but after doing my tech supplemental my prereq gpa is 2.95 =/ .
PCAT: 90 composite
I'm a little worried about getting accepted because of my low prereq gpa

Your composite is good though. Were you evenly scored in all categories? And what do you mean 'tech supplemental'? (sorry I'm new to all this). Also, I thought the schools used heavily on what PharmCAS calculated.

oh sorry I mean Texas Tech supplemental application. They required us to enter in our courses again to calculate only the prereqs.
I'm not too sure which GPA they look at but according to their site they state the average prerequisite GPA for last year's entering class. So, I just assumed they only care about your prereq GPA

oh sorry I mean Texas Tech supplemental application. They required us to enter in our courses again to calculate only the prereqs.
I'm not too sure which GPA they look at but according to their site they state the average prerequisite GPA for last year's entering class. So, I just assumed they only care about your prereq GPA

I believe for each pharmacy school they will pick out the prereq classes they require and they will look at the GPA based off of that. PharmCAS has every single class you've ever taken in your college career but from what the advisors at UH have told me, they will look only at prereq courses.

Last edited:
Congrats! See you next year!

Lucky, it looks like you didn't have to wait the full month to hear back like I did grrrr :mad:

Will you be commuting or moving in somewhere?
Can anybody recommend any apartments nearby like near the med center-ish?

I received my acceptance yesterday. I submitted my PharmCas on September 26th. PharmCas finished calculating my GPA and verifying on Octobr 14th and I got my supplemental from UH October 15th. Submitted it the next day in person and got my interview invite on October 27th for the November 17th interview day.

2 weeks later I got the acceptance email on December 4th at about 6:15pm.

PCAT composite: 76
Sci/Math GPA: 3.4
Bachelors in English (GPA: 3.5)
1 year of volunteer experience at a hospital pharmacy
4 months of tech experience at Target

Don't know if this is important but my interviewer knew my boss at Target and thought very highly of him and his sister, both who attended UH and became pharmacists. My boss also wrote me a great recommendation.

I hope this helps somebody. I tried supplying as much information as possible. Good Luck to you all. The interview process is very relaxed so don't worry. :luck:

Last edited:
I received my acceptance yesterday. I submitted my PharmCas on September 16th. PharmCas finished calculating my GPA and verifying on Octobr 14th and I got my supplemental from UH October 15th. Submitted it the next day in person and got my interview invite on October 27th for the November 17th interview day.

2 weeks later I got the acceptance email on December 4th at about 6:15pm.

PCAT composite: 76
Sci/Math GPA: 3.4
Bachelors in English (GPA: 3.5)
1 year of volunteer experience at a hospital pharmacy
4 months of tech experience at Target

Don't know if this is important but my interviewer knew my boss at Target and thought very highly of him and his sister, both who attended UH and became pharmacists. My boss also wrote me a great recommendation.

I hope this helps somebody. I tried supplying as much information as possible. Good Luck to you all. The interview process is very relaxed so don't worry. :luck:
Thanks for the detailed response! Congrats again

Hello applicants! I am a pharmacy student here at UHCOP checking in on the new forum. Good luck to you guys. I remember being in your shoes not too long ago, and I definitely remember how stressful it was. Keep afloat! For all those who are doing interviews, I think it's safe the say that UHCOP is one of the most welcoming, so just show us how passionate you are about pharmacy! Hope to see you next year!:)

Should I be worried that I have not heard from UH or receive an invitation yet? They confirmed that they receive my supplemental application and fee on November 2nd and I haven't heard back from them since. I didn't stress out about receiving a November interview because I figured they might still be processing my application at that time. However, it seems like people are receiving their January interviews now so this is starting to make me worry. Does anyone know if they will sent out more invites for January or should I start crossing UH off of my list? I got an interview for UH last year so I don't know if they take that into account when choosing interviewee for this year. ,:scared:

The earlier the better of course but there is still a chance. If both Jan interviews have been given out there are four more.

Saturday January 12, 2013 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday January 25, 2013 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday February 16, 2013 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday February 23, 2013 8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday March 11, 2013 8:00am - 2:00pm
Saturday March 23, 2013 8:00am - 5:00pm

Should I be worried that I have not heard from UH or receive an invitation yet? They confirmed that they receive my supplemental application and fee on November 2nd and I haven't heard back from them since. I didn't stress out about receiving a November interview because I figured they might still be processing my application at that time. However, it seems like people are receiving their January interviews now so this is starting to make me worry. Does anyone know if they will sent out more invites for January or should I start crossing UH off of my list? I got an interview for UH last year so I don't know if they take that into account when choosing interviewee for this year. ,:scared:

Don't cross UH off your list just yet. I submitted my application in August and I turned in the supplemental early September. I didn't get the October interview and in mid-October, I got a phone call from one of the UHCOP recruiters asking if I received an email from them asking when I was taking Organic 2. I never received the email and because of that, they were not able to process my application without knowing when I was taking Orgo 2.

Right after I gave them the information, I received an email inviting me to the next interview. Just give it some more time. Who knows? You might be in the same predicament I was.

Hey all! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and decided to join! I received an interview for UH and I was just wondering...can any current students shed some light on the difficulty of obtaining residency in Texas??

I really would not worry too much about it. I turned in all my material mid-November, and did not hear from them until March. So basically, don't start crossing UH out of your list until you get that rejection letter.

Hey all! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and decided to join! I received an interview for UH and I was just wondering...can any current students shed some light on the difficulty of obtaining residency in Texas??

Glad you got an interview!

There has been a scare of residency availability. Without a doubt, it is difficult to get a residency ANYWHERE, not just in Texas. There are simply not enough residency spots for the number of students who apply, especially at the TMC.

Now, don't get worried that you won't get a residency at all, you might chosen, you might get a residency but not your first priority. We had a number of students this past graduating class that were accepted into excellent residencies, so it is not impossible.
Don't let that keep you from giving any school in Texas a try. :)

Glad you got an interview!

There has been a scare of residency availability. Without a doubt, it is difficult to get a residency ANYWHERE, not just in Texas. There are simply not enough residency spots for the number of students who apply, especially at the TMC.

Now, don't get worried that you won't get a residency at all, you might chosen, you might get a residency but not your first priority. We had a number of students this past graduating class that were accepted into excellent residencies, so it is not impossible.
Don't let that keep you from giving any school in Texas a try. :)

Thanks for the reply! But I was referring to residency as in a resident of Texas? I mean the tuition isn't that bad relative to the other schools but I would still like to be able to qualify for instate-tuition....

Are there many opportunities to do research at UH?

Hey all, I'm new to the board. Just received my interview date for Jan. 12th yesterday. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hey all, I'm new to the board. Just received my interview date for Jan. 12th yesterday. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Congratulations and good luck to you.:luck:
Would you mind if l ask when you submitted your supplemetals and also your PCAT?:)