University of Florida - The Manilla Envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Anyone Have An Idea Were To Get The Course Packet For Pha 5433. Did You Already Purchase De Clicker Or Are You Waiting For The Gainsville Orientation?

Carolina
the professor will probably address it in class or, like you said, at orientation. since we don't know where it's sold (there are 3-4 different places where the packet may be printed) it would be pointless to really look for it now. It may not have even been printed up yet! so we should just wait until the professor addresses it.
I haven't purchased the clicker since I bought one 2 years ago, but am unsure whether it will still work now. If anyone has bought it or has a clicker from last year, can you take a picture and post it so that I may know if my old clicker is the same or not? thanks!

oh, and on the wireless form we have to fill out, whats "Date IN:" and "Time IN:"??? I am assumming "IN: stands for something and not just "in"

Members don't see this ad.

I already bought the clicker today. 41.54$ for that little thing...anyway bookstore pretty good service did it in two mins. Ahh i seem to have a problem purchasing the book ofr pha 5727 in amazon. I type in the isbn num and a totally different book comes up. Really weird and the bookstore price is 71$ not good!! were did you get it?

what wireless form are you talking about? were do you see that?

carolina

just curious to know what are your names? just cause tomorrow we have the orientation at jacksonville and if you are attending this campus then i can meet you formally.

carolina

Members don't see this ad :)
oh, well, the gville campus student were sent this message:
Dear Incoming Students,

Please remember that attendance at each Orientation is mandatory.Guests are not permitted at any of the sessions. Please arrive promptly at 7:45am to the Health Professions, Nursing and Pharmacy (HPNP) Building on Monday, August 20th.

Where to Park:
Directions to the Visitor Parking Garage and HPNP Building - http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/mapg.pdf; OR
Commuter Lot Parking on Gale Lemerand Drive (restrictions are lifted) - http://campusmap.ufl.edu/
UF Transportation & Parking- http://www.parking.ufl.edu/ (to purchase decal, find bus routes, etc)

How To Dress:
Business casual (no ripped jeans, holey t-shirts, etc) - do not have to wear interview attire but look nice
Comfortable Shoes
Jacket/sweater if you’re prone to getting cold – HPNP Auditorium is chilly

What to Bring:
Laptop
Wireless form filled out (see attached form)

Please note: The checks you submitted for the polo shirt, clinical pharmacology cd subscription and Gator1 ID are currently being processed. They most likely will not be deposited for another week or two. Please reference the agendas on the Orientation page (www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/orient07) of the Student Affairs website for additional details.

More to follow in a day or two regarding the All Campus Orientation on Tuesday, August 21st.

Thank you!

and attached was the wireless form. maybe you guys will get it at orientation?

I was looking at the peer advise form we are suppose to fill out and it said to send it to TEMITOPE AWOFESO. Anyone have a clue what is the email address? I made a mistake and send it to the director of the program.

Yeah I havent received anything about the wireless form.

thanks

carolina

How was orientation for those of you who had it today?

Also I've been locked out of the Jax WebCT course just happened today....has anyone else at Jax had that happen?

see you guys on Tuesday!

I was looking at the peer advise form we are suppose to fill out and it said to send it to TEMITOPE AWOFESO. Anyone have a clue what is the email address? I made a mistake and send it to the director of the program.

Yeah I havent received anything about the wireless form.

thanks

carolina
the email is: [email protected]

i contacted dr ried and marcy davis about the form, and they said not to bring it to orientation. we will be given an appointment time for our laptop check and then we bring the form THEN and we can leave stuff blank if we are clueless and they will help us at our appointment times. What I don't get is when the appointment time is. If it's ON orientation day or some day afterwards, like when class starts... *shrug*
oh well, at least i got my question answered.

How was orientation for those of you who had it today?

Also I've been locked out of the Jax WebCT course just happened today....has anyone else at Jax had that happen?

see you guys on Tuesday!

YEAH I GOT LOCKED OUT TOO. OH WELL!! WHATS YOUR NAME? ARENT YOU ATTENDING TOMORROW?

CAROLINA

If there are any 2PDs on here, did you use the book "Intro to Pharmacy Healthcare Delivery: A Primer for Pharmacists " for class PHA5727, an Intro to Pharmacy Healthcare? The book is $75 at the bookstore and its paperback. that is SO ridiculous :(. i dont feel like buying it but i would like a second opinion.

I got a question about orientation on Tuesday. What is UF planning on doing with the laptops? R they registering each laptop? I am planning on bringing my old laptop to orientation on tuesday, but I am planning on buying a new one after the orientation so I can use it for the rest of the school year. My old laptop is a piece of crap, had it for 4 yrs and now it's starting to overheat.:mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would try to call UF on Monday to find out if they are actually registering them on that day. The last e-mail that I recevied said that we had to bring the laptop but then schedule an appointment with IT. If they are actually registering the laptop, I'd look into trying to get a new computer between now and Tuesday. I got mine last week from Circuit City. It's an Acer, 160 GB hard drive, 1 GB DDR2 Memory and it works great. I got it on a big sale last week for $499 (I think now it's $550), but it is usually over $700. It had really great reviews too. Plus I didn't get it, but it looks like Circuit City will basically give you mail in rebates to cover a wireless router, printer, and some security software. Well, good luck with everything. I hope this helps.

If there are any 2PDs on here, did you use the book "Intro to Pharmacy Healthcare Delivery: A Primer for Pharmacists " for class PHA5727, an Intro to Pharmacy Healthcare? The book is $75 at the bookstore and its paperback. that is SO ridiculous :(. i dont feel like buying it but i would like a second opinion.

Don't buy ANY books for your first year. You won't use any of them. And if you do, they're on reserve in the library anyways so you can make photocopies of a few pages. Definitely don't buy that IPHC book. You won't use any of your books enough to warrant paying that kind of money.

Don't buy ANY books for your first year. You won't use any of them. And if you do, they're on reserve in the library anyways so you can make photocopies of a few pages. Definitely don't buy that IPHC book. You won't use any of your books enough to warrant paying that kind of money.

Interesting. The 2PD's at STP stressed buying the IPHC books over others. Additionally, Dr. Williams stated that any required text will not be on reserve.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. The 2PD's at STP stressed buying the IPHC books over others. Additionally, Dr. Williams stated that any required text will not be on reserve.

Did they just change the books on you last minute? I sold all my books from last year to a 1PD a few weeks ago, including my old, unused IPHC books. :(

Is anybody else having trouble logging in to webCT? I know they sent us an email sunday saying that we should be able to access them..but I still can't. I can get in to e-learning but not into webCT vista :S

Did they just change the books on you last minute? I sold all my books from last year to a 1PD a few weeks ago, including my old, unused IPHC books. :(

Not that I know of.

Yes, I believe they did. When they first posted the tentative book list, it listed three separate IPHC books. Then they replaced the three books, with a different, single book (Intro to Pharmacy Healthcare Delivery: A Primer for Pharmacists). Also, during orientation the 2PD's said that we would use the IPHC books (I believe they were assuming it was the same books as last year), but then they said that the whole format of the class was changing from last year, so we may or may not need to use the book a lot for IPHC.

Is there any kind of dress code for when your attending class or are jeans and flip flops okay!! its florida after all!

Is there any kind of dress code for when your attending class or are jeans and flip flops okay!! its florida after all!

No dress code

I remember from orientation that there is no "dress code" but you can not wear t-shirts with rude messages and stuff like that. No riped jeans bla bla... because you are representing UF COP so you have to be professional at all times. This was like a main thing the Dean pointed out during orientation. I am not trying to be annoying just repeating what they said.

carolina;)

When I check my schedule in ISIS, under "My Course Assessment", it shows that I'm registered and the total of tuition is about $5,500. But when I check under "What I Owe", it says I owe $11,000. Anyone else having this problem?

hmm same here. i wonder what that means. will bring that up tomorrow at orientation.

Do u guys think we should bring our headsets w/ mic to orientation tomorrow at Gainesville?

No...but I'm wearing a helmet.

I just got an email about the dress code for orientation tomorrow. It says u can wear a nice pair of pants. By "nice pair of pants" they mean khakis right?
R jeans ok to wear?

We were told at STP that jeans were acceptable. "No bermudas and slides."

I just got an email about the dress code for orientation tomorrow. It says u can wear a nice pair of pants. By "nice pair of pants" they mean khakis right?
R jeans ok to wear?

I'd suggest khakis if you've got them.

edit: nm hah, you're already at orientation no doubt enjoying the eleventy billion lectures on professionalism. ;)

amen to that, ethyl. i think there were about 50 people who left after lunch. 5 too many lectures on responsibility and 3 too many on patient care. lol.

is it time we transitioned any UF pharmacy question to the *gasp* Pharmacy and not Pre-Pharmacy boards?

they told us not to wear jeans. ah oh well. i felt like an outcast in black pants, gasp!

had fun today :) (ok the repetitive lectures were boring but i liked the socializing!)

When I check my schedule in ISIS, under "My Course Assessment", it shows that I'm registered and the total of tuition is about $5,500. But when I check under "What I Owe", it says I owe $11,000. Anyone else having this problem?

Has anyone figured out why there is this difference? :confused: Has anyone call the Financial Aid office about it yet? I have the same situation as tricia showing in ISIS.

check your uf webmail, it seems as if the problem has been resolved, and it will be reflected on our accounts tomorrow.

they double registered us jax and st pete students, so we were charged twice. they sent us an email saying that it would be fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks, ageldred! :)

Has anyone figured out why there is this difference? :confused: Has anyone call the Financial Aid office about it yet? I have the same situation as tricia showing in ISIS.
Any orlando students having a smiliar problem? My course assessment actually says I don't owe anything..but under what I owe, it says I owe 11,000? Also, are we suppose to sign up for malpractice insurance?

Check it today hansoness.....it should be fixed.

Also for the malpractice insurance I think that's for students on rotations.

Whoo hoo today's the first day of classes! Did you guys look at all the notes posted for PBD, I am going to need a giant 3 ring binder and more ink I bet. I am a nerd, pretty excited about starting classes today.

We didn't need malpractice insurance our first year, but it's required for the 2nd and following years. It's only $20, so it's not a big deal. If you're a first year student, you can do without it, since you're not interacting with patients much at all.

I miss our thread!!! I'm gonna start a new one on the class thread section....I hope it gets used.

I hope everyone is making it through the first year ok. The med chem exam was Great! (sarcasm).

Class is playing in the background.....