University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the malpractice insurance emails! I'm sure they don't send those to the rejected haha

Members don't see this ad.

Never thought i'd be happy for malpractice insurance lol. But still I need that acceptance letter...ahah

Too funny. I think the packet for everyone will come in the next few says...Orlando campus waited around 2 weeks for theirs.

Thanks for the encouragement all. SDN has been a big help the past couple years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everyone! :laugh:

Let's keep each other up to date! I'm eager to start filling out the forms; the acceptance packet is prolly waiting at home lol! :laugh:

:banana: :soexcited:

LMAO!

If you have not received your Admissions packet yet, yes you have been granted Conditional Admissions and your official letter will be emailed to you no later than next Friday. All the information you need including the information on the Malpractice will be included in your email. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Either theyre hardcore SDN fans or they got slammed with phone calls.

If youre reading this, I <3 you, UF! :love::laugh:

This should be warning to you newbies. Always post professionally!

If u got the email ur accepted. I called elizabeth and just got the email! Congrats all!

Grats everyone who got the bulk email about a new requirement (the malpractice insurance). That basically means you have conditional acceptance (even if you haven't received an offcial acceptance email or package).

The Prof. Liability Insurance from the website in the email quoted me $20.50 annually. Let me know what you get a different quote.

hahaaaaa! i just got those emails and came here to see what everyone had to say about it! i got the same quote for the malpractice insurance - $20.50. glad it's not more. i think i just need one more hepB shot and i'll be done with my packet.
Congrats everyone- must be nice not to have had to wait around a couple of weeks to see if you got in after your interview!!!! :laugh:

For those that have already applied for the malpractice insurance, what did you put for "Requested Effective Date of Coverage"?

For those that have already applied for the malpractice insurance, what did you put for "Requested Effective Date of Coverage"?

i put the latest date possible, june something. my reasoning is that the yearly coverage will end after 4 years of school in the summer when we're graduated. not sure if that matters or not though.

You would need to change to working pharmacist coverage when you graduate anyways, so I doubt the coverage will matter. I put May 1st just to keep it tidy.

Congrats to everyone that found out their acceptance through the malpractice request! Its interesting to get a sense of where everyone is from by looking through the email CC/BCC list.

You would need to change to working pharmacist coverage when you graduate anyways, so I doubt the coverage will matter. I put May 1st just to keep it tidy.

Congrats to everyone that found out their acceptance through the malpractice request! Its interesting to get a sense of where everyone is from by looking through the email CC/BCC list.

Did your transfer request from Jax to the main campus get approved?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'll be staying in Gainesville!

Grats everyone who got the bulk email about a new requirement (the malpractice insurance). That basically means you have conditional acceptance (even if you haven't received an offcial acceptance email or package).

The Prof. Liability Insurance from the website in the email quoted me $20.50 annually. Let me know what you get a different quote.

Hey, so perhaps I'm blind, but I don't see a website in the e-mail. What website did ya'll go to?

I just received the official conditional acceptance e-mail today, man it is a lot to do! lol Congrats all who got in! Go Gators:)

Same here. I guess we send it all to Gainesville? Gotta work on finding CPR classes and rounded up my shot records but the rest looks like cake.

Hey I interviewed in Jax on april 10th and I got the e-mail about malpractice insurance also lol. I don't know,I'll start checking the mail next week lol. Good luck, I'm pretty sure you are in though sakigt!

Congratulations to you all. Wish you the best

Who is going to be at the Orlando interview tomorrow?

has any of the new incoming students registered for football tickets?

Where are you in the stack of forms to fill out? Did you file fafsa yet? What are you doing about housing and/or finding roomates? What do you think of studio apartments? Sorry folks, I've never left home and any advice is helpful. All UF campuses are welcome to comment.

FYI, moving might be a contributing factor if I decide to go to NOVA.

I haven't started on my forms yet lol. Has anyone from the Jacksonville campus received their packets yet from snail mail?

For football tickets you can find out about it here..

http://www.gatorzone.com/newstudent/

I don't have UF mail set up yet so I don't think incoming students from other schools can register just yet.

I haven't started on my forms yet lol. Has anyone from the Jacksonville campus received their packets yet from snail mail?

I don't have UF mail set up yet so I don't think incoming students from other schools can register just yet.

If I remember correctly, you can get that started now.

1) Get your UFID
https://was.isadmin.ufl.edu/webapp/baiudufi2tSSNTranslator

2) Make your GatorLink ID "GatorLink Account Creation" with your UFID (make it professional bc it will be your email)
https://my.ufl.edu/ps/signon.html

3) Your Gator Link ID is your new email. [email protected]
I think the password is the same as when you set it up in the previous step. This part I am not sure about, but it is worth a shot. Here is the Email website to try it out:
https://webmail.ufl.edu

4) Go to the GatorZone website and request password (this password is not the same and is given to you) This will only work if you have your email set up, if it didn't work from the other step, call them to activate it.
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=gators1&l=EN&out=1

Hope this works, anyone can feel free to add anything to make it work.

Im starting to think a packet for the Jax campus will never come. Already working on getting all my bloodwork done, CPR class is next month...just need to shell out the $$ for the backround check.

Doesnt look like we have a fighting chance for the football tix but Ill try! :thumbup: Ive got enough Jags games to attend if I dont win them. :smuggrin:

I finished all my paper work a few days ago. They do require proof of your malpractice insurance. FYI, the confirmation email that is sent a few days after applying with your policy number can be forwarded to meet the requirement.

Thanks for the heads up about the malpractice insurance! I have a question about the Edge background check... will we receive an e-mail back from Edge and send that info in to admissions? Or do we send in the receipt that we got?

Thanks for the heads up about the malpractice insurance! I have a question about the Edge background check... will we receive an e-mail back from Edge and send that info in to admissions? Or do we send in the receipt that we got?

You won't. The results are sent directly to UF COP. If you requested that you receive a copy, it will be so via regular mail. Mine is complete and will be sent early next week.

You won't. The results are sent directly to UF COP. If you requested that you receive a copy, it will be so via regular mail. Mine is complete and will be sent early next week.

Thanks!:) I completed Edge yesterday. The conditional acceptance letter says to send a 'copy of background information form for Edge Information Management, Inc' and I just wasn't sure if there's anything that we have to send to Admissions to let them know we have completed it. Will Edge notify us by e-mail that it's done and already sent to CoP? Thanks again!

Thanks!:) I completed Edge yesterday. The conditional acceptance letter says to send a 'copy of background information form for Edge Information Management, Inc' and I just wasn't sure if there's anything that we have to send to Admissions to let them know we have completed it. Will Edge notify us by e-mail that it's done and already sent to CoP? Thanks again!

Wassup Gator! I had the same question you had. Sometime this week, I called the company and was told that I would not get an email and that the information would be sent to the school.

Wassup Gator! I had the same question you had. Sometime this week, I called the company and was told that I would not get an email and that the information would be sent to the school.

Great! Thank you so much!:D

hey guys might be a dumb question but what did you guys put for the education history. What schools did you put, just your college and high school or what else?

hey guys might be a dumb question but what did you guys put for the education history. What schools did you put, just your college and high school or what else?

I just included the college that I'm currently attending.

So I have a question...is it possible to get accepted to UF COP with a sci/math gpa of less than 3.0? I attended UF as an undergrad, and have a PCAT of 97.....I have so many credits though, that no matter how many A's I get, my GPA is not going to budge very much! :( figured everyone here might know how to answer this question since it is a forum of UP COP c/o 2013's (Congratulations everyone btw!)

So I have a question...is it possible to get accepted to UF COP with a sci/math gpa of less than 3.0? I attended UF as an undergrad, and have a PCAT of 97.....I have so many credits though, that no matter how many A's I get, my GPA is not going to budge very much! :( figured everyone here might know how to answer this question since it is a forum of UF COP c/o 2013's (Congratulations everyone btw!)

when i applied, i was 2.99 prepharm gpa (3.45 overall), 92 PCAT and 2.5 yrs experience in retail

StringTheorist was also a UF student; perhaps this is similar stats as yours. Good luck! I must caution though, that it is extremely rare and is of course, an exception to the norm. Simply put, you need to show consistency in your pre-professional coursework. You took care of one in your PCAT, but you need to embellish your application to get in with below subpar gpa. It is super competitive (for the same reasons you stated) but is possible. Look above :thumbup:.

Funny you should quote StringTheorist, because she is actually a friend of mine from high school and she helped me a lot during my application process.

How far below a 3.0 are you? How many C's have you gotten? What about withdraws? Obviously the more C's and withdraws you have, the less your chances are. Remember though, your GPA and PCAT are not your entire application. I honestly believe if I did not put forth the effort to write a great personal statement and supplementals, I would not have gotten in.

Have people proofread your writing, there is a thread here at SDN that is specifically for that (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=534303). The volunteers are fantastic and I received constructive feedback. Make sure you explain why your GPA is low, make note of your high PCAT. Make sure your recommendations are top notch. Apply early as possible, to show initiative.

So I have a question...is it possible to get accepted to UF COP with a sci/math gpa of less than 3.0? I attended UF as an undergrad, and have a PCAT of 97.....I have so many credits though, that no matter how many A's I get, my GPA is not going to budge very much! :( figured everyone here might know how to answer this question since it is a forum of UP COP c/o 2013's (Congratulations everyone btw!)

2.95 GPA here. I had some extenuating circumstances though and have done better this past year. Your PCAT will help you out a lot. I had an 80.

Last edited:
I just got my Conditional Admission letter via e-mail for Orlando Campus!! That was so quick--less than a week since the interview!! Can't wait to see everyone in the fall!! :banana:

Grats GatorGirl83 and the rest of the acceptance. Join the Orlando Campus C/O 2013 on facebook!

Last edited:
sry! Got double posted.

Last edited:
I also recieved my conditional acceptance email today. I am so excited!!! Looking forward to starting pharmacy school and meeting everyone in August. I have only wanted this since forever!!

Hey, I have a couple of questions for those that may know. Once you have submitted the conditional acceptance packet will the let you know they have it and it's complete? Also, when will we get info on student loans? Thanks!

Hey, I have a couple of questions for those that may know. Once you have submitted the conditional acceptance packet will the let you know they have it and it's complete? Also, when will we get info on student loans? Thanks!

Yeah, a couple days after I sent my packet in, I got an e-mail first saying that I was missing one form which I'm sure I put in there, then another one saying my packet was complete. I'm just going to mail them that sheet they said I was missing anyways, just to be sure.

hey guys what exactly did HPSO send you guys after you applied for malpractice insurance, was it an email or regular mail? I just need to know what my policy number is and I havent heard anything from them after I applied

hey guys what exactly did HPSO send you guys after you applied for malpractice insurance, was it an email or regular mail? I just need to know what my policy number is and I havent heard anything from them after I applied

Hellow fellow Gator!

You will receive an email. Through your password you can then access your account to print the malpractice Certificate of Insurance. Also check your junk email just in case.

i might have deleted it lol...do you know what else i can turn in to show them I have the insurance? Also thanks for the response!