University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmdapp87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to create a thread for applicants of UF College of Pharmacy. Has anyone heard back from them. I've already submitted everything except for the Application for Admissions (Entry Level Professional) on UF's website (I get paid Friday so all I have to do is hit submit).

Anyone hear anything from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe people have been called for interviews for the first session on the 16th of next month. But i believe its mostly UF students. Then come the rest.

Thank you very much for your patience.
Thank you~

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got this email Dec. 19, 2008. Don't know what it means.

Hi,
I have reviewed your application materials and your application is complete. We will be reviewing applications and will finish the admissions process by the end of May. Please do not contact
our office to check your admissions status, we will have no more information to give you on your status until your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee. Once the admissions committee has reviewed your application and made a decision you will receive a decision letter by mail.
Thank you very much for your patience.
Thank you~

I think that just lets you know your application has been completed at least. Pharmcas (after completely calculating my gpa on the 22nd of Dec) just sent my application to my schools of choice, so I'm waiting to hear from someone. Lecom and Nova sent their supplementals to me this week but nothing else from the others. I hope I get into UF, I go here now and work with some of the professors in the college of pharmacy and have spoken to the dean on numerous occasions, and they are all great people, in and outside of the classroom. ::sigh:: the waiting game... my most favorite game :p.

I got an email confirming I applied to UF, but not one specifically that all my supplementals were received. I emailed yesterday to confirm this - seems they are very busy as I havent received a response yet (Jax campus rep emailed me back in 7 mins).

All this waiting wouldnt be so bad if people would quit asking me if I was moving to Ft Lauderdale or not. :rolleyes:

be patient, they will send out letters soon enough, later in the semester. those who got their letters for interviews this month got them in november and were early applicants. there are 2 more main waives of letters, and then a few in the summer for unfilled spots. i got my letter in april or late march, i think... the second wave....
so be patient, it will come

be patient, they will send out letters soon enough, later in the semester. those who got their letters for interviews this month got them in november and were early applicants. there are 2 more main waives of letters, and then a few in the summer for unfilled spots. i got my letter in april or late march, i think... the second wave....
so be patient, it will come

Yeah, I think they start sending out letters for the March 6 and 16th interview dates later in January on through Mid February, but I'm sure it varies.

Oh StringTheorist, you still lurk these forums? ;)

My interview is this Friday. Looking through the email, about half of the interviewees are from the University of Florida, excluding those not using their ufl.edu accounts. Probably 90-95% is in-state. About 40 applicants were invited. In talks with Dr. McKenzie, this should roughly be about 1/3 of the entering class.

Last edited:
Oh StringTheorist, you still lurk these forums? ;)

My interview is this Friday. Looking through the email, about half of the interviewees are from the University of Florida, excluding those not using their ufl.edu accounts. Probably 90-95% is in-state. About 40 applicants were invited. In talks with Dr. McKenzie, this should roughly be about 1/3 of the entering class.

1/3..... How is that possible? They admit 300 students to their program. Maybe he meant for the Gainesville campus. Anyway, where are you interviewing at? Good luck ^_^v

1/3..... How is that possible? They admit 300 students to their program. Maybe he meant for the Gainesville campus. Anyway, where are you interviewing at? Good luck ^_^v

Probably Gainesville, he said it is usually 150 at Gainesville campus and 55-60 in the other campuses.

Probably Gainesville, he said it is usually 150 at Gainesville campus and 55-60 in the other campuses.

Yeah, I figured that what she meant. How was your interview? I saw a bunch of you guys looking spiffy and professional for your interview yesterday while I was in the middle of an experiment. ::sigh:: so jealous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it went well. Decisions should be mailed out by next week. Hopefully I will hear good news before Friday, so I can decline the Mercer interview. Will save me $200, which will go towards paying my traffic ticket :p

Last edited:
I think it went well. Decisions should be mailed out by next week. Hopefully I will hear good news before Friday, so I can decline the Mercer interview. Will save me $200, which will go towards paying my traffic ticket :p

You should be hearing something soon;), my friend just found out this morning when she received her mail she got into UFCOP. This way you can save money and use it toward that deposit for Florida! Go Gators!

oh wow, nice. I have not heard anything yet, but i'm out of state.

You should be hearing something soon;), my friend just found out this morning when she received her mail she got into UFCOP. This way you can save money and use it toward that deposit for Florida! Go Gators!

Did she also interview on Jan. 16th? Cause it seems rather early to interview on friday, and receive a letter the next day. But congratulations to her anyways lol, as long as she got in!

Did she also interview on Jan. 16th? Cause it seems rather early to interview on friday, and receive a letter the next day. But congratulations to her anyways lol, as long as she got in!

Yeah, I waved at her when I saw her. I think you guys were getting the ever so formal tour around the school when I saw you all. Anyway, I thought the same exact thing, how in the world does she know if she got into UFCOP or not a day after. Then after remembering a conversation with one of the deans a pharmacy student friend and my P.I, sometimes (not all the time), they have their letters ready to go. Especially with the Jan 16th group being the first set, the only way for you to NOT get in is if you completely bomb the interview. So unless you're just a horrible interviewee, or they had a change of heart, an acceptance is almost always guaranteed with the first batch. I'm a little confused about it myself, because it's the day after, but I didn't ask any questions. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about though. Either way I wish you all the best of luck:thumbup:. Was Fl your top choice? Are you a Fl resident?

Hopefully they contact the next bracket soon. My next deposit for NOVA is coming up.

Yeah, I waved at her when I saw her. I think you guys were getting the ever so formal tour around the school when I saw you all. Anyway, I thought the same exact thing, how in the world does she know if she got into UFCOP or not a day after. Then after remembering a conversation with one of the deans a pharmacy student friend and my P.I, sometimes (not all the time), they have their letters ready to go. Especially with the Jan 16th group being the first set, the only way for you to NOT get in is if you completely bomb the interview. So unless you're just a horrible interviewee, or they had a change of heart, an acceptance is almost always guaranteed with the first batch. I'm a little confused about it myself, because it's the day after, but I didn't ask any questions. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about though. Either way I wish you all the best of luck:thumbup:. Was Fl your top choice? Are you a Fl resident?

Kind of intense this last week waiting for that letter >.< ....Fl is my top choice indeed, that low tuition cost is a big plus. And yes I am a Fl resident. I currently attend UF. I hope it all works out cause I know about 5 other people that interviewed that day that still haven't gotten a letter yet.

yeah UF tuition is such a great deal...hopefully i get in UF jax..doubt it though lol GL to all!

Kind of intense this last week waiting for that letter >.< ....Fl is my top choice indeed, that low tuition cost is a big plus. And yes I am a Fl resident. I currently attend UF. I hope it all works out cause I know about 5 other people that interviewed that day that still haven't gotten a letter yet.

Try not to worry about it. I'm sure you got in. Stay confident. As far as tuition goes, it will probably be raised if Machen gets his way. UF is my choice only because they have an program in Orlando and I have a sig other who lives there. Otherwise I'm routing for Hawaii.....

I'm shooting for UF because they have the best program in the state of Florida. There's simply no equivalent when you look at the preceptors and professors UF has on hand, nevermind the school's attachment to Shands.

Anyways, talking to fellow interviewees, today was not the day. More waiting! :bang::xf:

Last edited:
I'm shooting for UF because they have the best program in the state of Florida. There's simply no equivalent when you look at the preceptors and professors UF has on hand, nevermind the school's attachment to Shands.

Anyways, talking to fellow interviewees, today was not the day. More waiting! :bang::xf:

Yeah UF's pharm school is the best, practically the top 10 in the Nation (tied with other schools). Their curriculum is stellar for sure and they have definately give students the option to study specializations and optomize on their ability to branch. Compounding and Nuclear pharmacy are my interests of choice and Dr. Hughes is simply the best for Nuclear IMO. Also they have excellent clinical preperations for the students. I could go on and on and on.... alas, I'm 100% sure I wont be getting in so I've told myself UF is not allowed to be my first choice, no matter how passionate I am about going there and recieving one of the best educations possible. My last 4 years there, awesome, but we'll see where life takes me. Maybe I'll get a Masters and try again in two years. Anyway good luck ufdlim!!!!

Yeah UF's pharm school is the best, practically the top 10 in the Nation (tied with other schools). Their curriculum is stellar for sure and they have definately give students the option to study specializations and optomize on their ability to branch. Compounding and Nuclear pharmacy are my interests of choice and Dr. Hughes is simply the best for Nuclear IMO. Also they have excellent clinical preperations for the students. I could go on and on and on.... alas, I'm 100% sure I wont be getting in so I've told myself UF is not allowed to be my first choice, no matter how passionate I am about going there and recieving one of the best educations possible. My last 4 years there, awesome, but we'll see where life takes me. Maybe I'll get a Masters and try again in two years. Anyway good luck ufdlim!!!!

I duno...I didn't even think I'd get an interview...you never know sometimes. Especially since you attend UF. :D

I duno...I didn't even think I'd get an interview...you never know sometimes. Especially since you attend UF. :D

Yeah, but I'm sure your stats (mainly your gpa) are at least decent. I'll get looked over lol. I'm just waiting for that rejection letter lol. I wish they would stop making me wait. Oh, any good news?

Yeah, but I'm sure your stats (mainly your gpa) are at least decent. I'll get looked over lol. I'm just waiting for that rejection letter lol. I wish they would stop making me wait. Oh, any good news?

My Gpa isn't really that high, roughly a 3.2. No good news yet though :( Hopefully within the next few hours!! Since today will be 1 week since the interview and mail usually arrives around 2pm for me. Mmm fingers crossed!:xf:

My Gpa isn't really that high, roughly a 3.2. No good news yet though :( Hopefully within the next few hours!! Since today will be 1 week since the interview and mail usually arrives around 2pm for me. Mmm fingers crossed!:xf:

Above a 3.0, I'd say you're still a good candidate. Anyway, are you out of state? If so, then i suspect that to be the reason. But I hope you do get in. Had a friend get in with a 3.2 roughly and a 75 PCAT... She also had some good extracurriculars. So no worries, right:).

Nobody gets an acceptance letter the day after an interview. They're usually mailed 4-7 days later, if you're in GV you'll receive it a couple days sooner.

The interviews this month, to my knowledge, are almost all UF students.

The "we got your application & it is complete" email is a good thing, it's the 1st thing you get indicating you have some chance. I got one, don't know if all 1200-some applicants got it too, or some smaller pool of candidates.

They interview about 350 candidates for 300-305 positions. Some don't hear for sure until really late [May] because they are #311 and a few people need to state they are going elsewhere. Which happens - some go to NOVA just because they live in Miami.

The early interview letters go out between now & the Feb/Mar interview dates [one date at each campus]. I got mine last week of Feb for a March 7 interview. Most [not all] of these invitees have prepharm 3.7+ and pcat of 90+. Later interview dates also get letters 1-2 weeks beforehand.

Class of 2012 has 56 at st. pete, 135 at GV. Often GV gets 150-180 requests as preferred campus, they always move some to their 2nd choice. This is out of the 300 they decide to accept - campus choice has nothing to do with getting an acceptance letter.

If you're curious we have 5 international students at STP and they all speak English very well. I think that's a big reason for the interviews - make sure people are capable and motivated to learn. They throw a lot at you. It's challenging. But it's either that or make the school last 5 years...

The prior post was a really great feedback about UF College of Pharmacy. I live in South Florida and have had some issues whether, if accepted to UF, I would move there. The tuition is cheap, certainly, but it doesn't factor in cost of living and it would almost equal the high cost at PBA for example. I received the email from UF too about completion of application and that I needed to wait. There is a lot of hype about UF overall, but it is true some people choose NOVA because it is closer to home. Right now, if I got into UF, I'm not sure I'd attend just because there is so much I'd be leaving behind; practically making relocating an uncertainty. But I applied still, because I want to keep options open.

about how many people does UF accept from UF undergrad?

I don't think there's a set number of people they look to accept from UF undergrads. More like those students will get a small amount of extra credit applied to their pre-pharm GPA. That score and the pcat are the most important factors by far.

Other than UF students there may be some who got January interviews based on submitting all their materials really early [like, October] which makes the admission committee's work much easier. I submitted my stuff 2 days before the deadline so I was very happy to get the early-March interview letter.

The online College app and the online University app are much quicker than PharmCAS but I'd still recommend everyone submit as early as possible if you haven't already. My $30 univ. fee didn't go through & I was in near-panic to get someone on the phone to help me take care of that. Turns out my old job's work computers block any attempt to pay online with a credit card...

I got an email confirming I applied to UF, but not one specifically that all my supplementals were received. I emailed yesterday to confirm this - seems they are very busy as I havent received a response yet (Jax campus rep emailed me back in 7 mins).

All this waiting wouldnt be so bad if people would quit asking me if I was moving to Ft Lauderdale or not. :rolleyes:

So Penny confirmed with me last night that all my materials were complete. Woot. Thats all I needed to know. Email says theyve got until May to make their decision.

So Penny confirmed with me last night that all my materials were complete. Woot. Thats all I needed to know. Email says theyve got until May to make their decision.

Yeah, now comes the best part... waiting.:thumbdown:.

waiting....and spending money on deposits on other schools lol -__-

My Nova deposit is due this friday -_- ...UF needs to hurry up >.< These deposits put such a big dent in my financial situation.

My Nova deposit is due this friday -_- ...UF needs to hurry up >.< These deposits put such a big dent in my financial situation.

lol ouch. Which one a 250 or 500 dollar one? I just deposited the first $250 one...then another one feb then 500 in April....I am SOO BROKE lol.
Good luck with everything though lol.

lol ouch. Which one a 250 or 500 dollar one? I just deposited the first $250 one...then another one feb then 500 in April....I am SOO BROKE lol.
Good luck with everything though lol.

No need now. I got my acceptance from UF today!!!!! :D :D :D

I was interviewed at uf on 01/16/09 and haven't received any letter yet. This is driving me crazy!!

I'm in the same boat. The post office that services my apartment is pretty flaky when it comes to delivering my mail on time however, so I'll start sweating if it doesn't come by tomorrow.

I'm sweating already. This has been the longest week ever. I can't even sleep well. I'm from Fl but did my pre-req at MDC.

Are you in the immediate Gainesville area? It may take a day or two longer to reach you if not. I am in Gainesville and I still not received mine.

no, I live in Miami. I just thought that the letters would arrive in a week like they said. Anyways thanks, you are giving me hope.

I emailed Penny Fultz yesterday and she said they will be sending out the letters by this week. I think they were a little behind. I also remember them saying they would send it out by last week. I am glad I am not the only one freaking out about this. Soon....!

are the letters coming....omg......so much stress!!!! i'm getting grey hairs because of classes/pharm apps/and work this is crazy! lol

I heard Dr. Mckenzie was on a trip and was unable to sign off on the final decision of the committee....sooo the letters were a little late in being sent out.

Penny called me today and said my admissions letter was returned because it did not include my apartment number. So I didn't get my letter, but at least I know I got accepted.. :D