University of Colorado: Class of 2011.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaun009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm from Arizona and applying to the UC. I just wanted to know, from current students or those currently applying, what the area is like, weather, entertainment, etc... Since GPA is evaluated and not the PCAT, what do they look at next with a lot of attention? Any responses are much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The weather varies. To me, it's not too cold, but then again I grew up in Chicago where it's much colder. In the front range snow isn't too bad, usually melts in a few days. The summers are awesome, it's sunny a lot and there's plenty of outdoor activities to do.

Entertainment wise it's okay. Lots of bars downtown and decent public transportation to get down there. Large enough city so we get a lot of good concerts often. Again lots of outdoor activities. Skiing in the winter, hiking in the summer. Oooh, and great beer. I want to say Colorado has the highest concentration of micro-breweries in the country.

I agree with Nhuy on the things they look at. From what I picked up GPA is the major deciding factor. Their website claims you can have a minimum of 2.75 but their representatives are upfront with the fact they don't even touch an application unless it's at least a 3.0. They also give preference to students who take more than just the pre-reqs and have a bachelors degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA and your interview are the two biggest things. Other things like pharmacy exp, EC, etc matter too but are sort of the icing on the cake.

so what kinds of questions should I expect at an interview at UC? Do they ask mostly general questions or do they throw some hard balls?

so what kinds of questions should I expect at an interview at UC? Do they ask mostly general questions or do they throw some hard balls?

Pretty much your past experiences, why you want to do pharmacy, etc. Look at the interview feedback info.

Hi everyone, I was just accepted to the class starting this August, and I'm kinda freaked out about the whole financial aid situation. I talked to a friend who is a P1 now and she said that her FAFSA alone didn't get her enough money for her 1st year because of the whole undergrad status thing. Does anyone have any advice on how to maximize my loan amounts? What about scholarship options? Your response is appreciated.

p.s. also could you drop a few names of some affordable (yet livable) apartments that I could look into? Thanks!