University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on the 2nd, and I really don't want to have to wait until April to hear their decision either. They told us we would hear from them anytime from 2 weeks post-interview to mid/early April. So who knows. I looked at a CU thread from the last application cycle and it looks like people were hearing about acceptances at a minimum of about 4 weeks after their interviews. Which is fine with me..April would really be pushing it though haha.

Members don't see this ad.

so i'm interviewing with UC denver tomorrow... anyone else gunna be there??? i'm actually at the comfort inn in aurora... anyone else stay here!??!

so i'm interviewing with UC denver tomorrow... anyone else gunna be there??? i'm actually at the comfort inn in aurora... anyone else stay here!??!

Hey..let me know how your interview went!!! (as compared to when we were at PBA) Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
so, i was looking at the acceptance thread and there were several who already got accepted to UC. if you are one of them, how long did it take to hear back? ahhhhh, i wish they would let me know... it's only be a week. hahaha...

I do know that the two people listed on the acceptance thread applied, interviewed, and were accepted via early decision. Which was way back in September or October, probably.

Has anyone who interviewed early February hear back yet?

I interviewed 1/30, I haven't heard anything yet. I don't think they have a full rolling admissions like some other schools. From what I understand they might get together a few times between mid-feb till the end of april.

I just got back from denver and i loved it there! Can't wait to find out the results!

Has anyone who interviewed early February hear back yet?

I interviewed on the 2nd and I haven't heard back yet. Not expecting to hear back for at least a few weeks. Maybe not even until April.

Got back yesterday, what an awesome campus and program.

I got in in October through Early decision and have been browsing housing lately. Anyone from the area have any advice....good places, places to avoid.....anything of that nature?

Good luck to everyone that interviewed

Anyone from the area have any advice....good places, places to avoid.....anything of that nature?

I can give you some pointers. Shoot me a pm.

I was accepted back in October as well. I am looking forward to school starting in August.

I just got back from denver and i loved it there! Can't wait to find out the results!

Me too! Which interview were you at? I was at the 2/23rd interview and I can't wait to find out. I know it's going to take a couple weeks though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Which interview were you at? I was at the 2/23rd interview and I can't wait to find out. I know it's going to take a couple weeks though.

I was also at the interview on 2/23. Its going to be at least a couple of weeks but could be longer. Ugh! I really want to go to this school!

lol. I've been waiting almost a month. Interviewed 1/30. What stinks is their is no guarantee you'll hear about a decision from the first review. Some of us might have to wait till the end of april even to hear back. :eek: Hope its not me, a month is bad enough.

I interview on March 6. Cant wait to go to Denver!

OMG I GOT IN!!!!! I can't believe it :soexcited::banana::soexcited:

Did you just find out today? Snail mail or email?
Congrats!!

I am going to call my mom and make her check the mail.

Last edited:
Yea, snail mail. Look for a big white envelope. I live in Phoenix, AZ. The acceptance letter was dated Feb 23rd, 2009.Envelope Postmarked Feb 24th

Congratulations!

When did you interview? I have an interview scheduled for next week and I'm concerned that I won't hear from UC-Denver until after my deposit is due for another school.

I interviewed 1/30, waited almost a month. From what I understand it is semi-rolling. This means they get together to review only a couple of times from now till the end of april (call and ask to make sure, its possible now that they have done the first review they might be getting together more often). At the interview they told us you might hear after the first review or you might hear at the end of april, which is the end of their admissions decisions. Also they make decisions based on how well you were rated at the interview (so they grade you on your performance for your interview, writing sample, and group interaction)
Although I interviewed on the second interview date available, I in no way had an advantage over someone who interviewed on 2/20. 50% of the people they interview will be accepted. Another thing to keep in mind is that if your out-of-state, almost 50% of those that are accepted are out-of-state students.
You probably won't hear back in time. If you think Colorado is a program you'd like over the school you've already been accepted to then definitely interview and cough up the dough for the deposit.
Think about it this way, this WILL be cheaper than reapplying next year (got this tidbit from another post). Just put it in perspective.

Me too. I'm flying in from Florida and staying at the Renaissance. Where are you staying?

I stayed at the Renaissance when I interviewed at UCD. It's a very nice hotel. Make sure you stay on one of the higher floors because there is an atrium in the middle and people seem to be there pretty late. You can hear everything. Might not bother some people, but when nerves are high because you're interviewing the next morning, the football coach convention taking place in the lobby till 2am can be a little unsettling. Just as an FYI. :)

Me too. I'm flying in from Florida and staying at the Renaissance. Where are you staying?

I dont know yet. I'm flying to Oklahoma for an interiview at OU on saturday, so i'll plan for the Denver hotel next week. I still gotta find a room for tomorrow night in OKC:eek:

I dont know yet. I'm flying to Oklahoma for an interiview at OU on saturday, so i'll plan for the Denver hotel next week. I still gotta find a room for tomorrow night in OKC:eek:

Oh man good luck. I wanted to plan my stuff out to avoid any extra stress The Denver Renaissance seems like a good deal. Its 89 per night with free shuttle to and from the school and airport.

Nice, well I'll book it there then. Sounds easy enough.

I got a room in OKC so thats done. Now onto UC and MWU-CCP

I want to hear back SOOOO bad! has anyone from 2/13 heard back?

Oh man good luck. I wanted to plan my stuff out to avoid any extra stress The Denver Renaissance seems like a good deal. Its 89 per night with free shuttle to and from the school and airport.

The Renaissance is a fantastic hotel...make sure you check out the gym! Because it's awesome. Also...be aware that the shuttle is scheduled to leave about 35minutes before the optional tour of the school..which is highly recommended, but will make for a pretty long and tiring day. And don't forget to mention it right when you check in.

Don't stress too much...it'll actually be fun because of all the people you'll meet.

The Renaissance is a fantastic hotel...make sure you check out the gym! Because it's awesome. Also...be aware that the shuttle is scheduled to leave about 35minutes before the optional tour of the school..which is highly recommended, but will make for a pretty long and tiring day. And don't forget to mention it right when you check in.

Don't stress too much...it'll actually be fun because of all the people you'll meet.

Thanks for the advice. That's great that is has a good gym. I was hoping to get a good workout in the night before and morning of the interview.

Whats the link to the Renaissance hotel? I googled it but there are multiple hotels that came up under "The Renaissance Denver". I just want to pick the right one that other ppl have stayed at.

Whats the link to the Renaissance hotel? I googled it but there are multiple hotels that came up under "The Renaissance Denver". I just want to pick the right one that other ppl have stayed at.

if you go into the attachment the school sent with the interview invite there is a direct link to the hotel.

I interviewed on Jan 30th. I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! (2-26). I was was excited and a little surprised because they said that it would be mid March before they contacted anyone. But I am in and excited as all get out!

i interviewed 1/30 as well and got my acceptance letter today. haha i guess we predicted correctly that we are an awesome group. it was fun chatting with everyone that day. see you all this fall!

I wonder if they have made any decisions for those of us from the 2/2 group...hopefully soon.

I wonder if they have made any decisions for those of us from the 2/2 group...hopefully soon.

Or the 2/13 for that matter :laugh:, but I think maybe next week for you then the week after for our 2/13 group? Maybe when they said we'll hear back by april is for the march interviews....at least that's what i'm hoping cause the waiting is taking days off my life :laugh:

Or the 2/13 for that matter :laugh:, but I think maybe next week for you then the week after for our 2/13 group? Maybe when they said we'll hear back by april is for the march interviews....at least that's what i'm hoping cause the waiting is taking days off my life :laugh:

SERIOUSLY!!! I can't wait to find out... I could handle waiting till april if everyone was waiting, but now that some people know, I'm getting anxious!

I interviewed on Jan 30th. I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! (2-26). I was was excited and a little surprised because they said that it would be mid March before they contacted anyone. But I am in and excited as all get out!

i interviewed 1/30 as well and got my acceptance letter today. haha i guess we predicted correctly that we are an awesome group. it was fun chatting with everyone that day. see you all this fall!

Got mine too!!!!! Came today

Congratulations to all of you! I hope to see you in August!:D

I got accepted by snail mail as well yesterday. I actually was not able to physically check my mail because I am currently in Oklahoma interviewing for another school. By luck, I ran into another student who also interviewed at CU Denver. Called home and had dad check my mail and there it was. If I can get in so can the rest of you.

I got accepted by snail mail as well yesterday. I actually was not able to physically check my mail because I am currently in Oklahoma interviewing for another school. By luck, I ran into another student who also interviewed at CU Denver. Called home and had dad check my mail and there it was. If I can get in so can the rest of you.

Congrats!

Yet another 1/30 acceptance...(kicks self in nuts for not choosing earlier date)

I am waiting on Creighton as well.