University of Cincinnati M.S. in Physiology 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you just looking for affirmation on an internet forum?

If you already have a set plan, I don't understand what exactly are you asking about.

Yes, I think that if you feel you have exhausted all other options, you should attend the SMP that you have been accepted to, provided that you can kill it.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I visited RFU during its open house, and found its campus to be unbearably small. North Chicago is literally in the middle of nowhere. There's a wire fence around the whole place (from what I recall anyway. This may or may not be accurate). Overall impression from memory is "prison."

Also, snail mail application.

I ended up not even applying to it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Class has just been finalized with 32 students.

All waitlist movement from hereon out will depend on someone dropping out from the program prior to when classes start.

Class has just been finalized with 32 students.

All waitlist movement from hereon out will depend on someone dropping out from the program prior to when classes start.

Will they be notifying us if we are waitlisted or accepted/denied? (were we suppose to get an email today?)

Will they be notifying us if we are waitlisted or accepted/denied? (were we suppose to get an email today?)

If you haven't gotten an email yet about an acceptance or a rejection, you are probably still on the waitlist.

If you haven't gotten an email yet about an acceptance or a rejection, you are probably still on the waitlist.

Ahh I see, well I hope not... because I wasn't even on the waitlist to begin with

Anyone else want to update if they received anything today?

Ahh I see, well I hope not... because I wasn't even on the waitlist to begin with

Anyone else want to update if they received anything today?

I suspect Jeannie is still working through the backlog of applications as she has added five people (27 to 32) over the past week.

You suspect the waitlist is pretty much set?

Med school applicants pretty much know where they are going. Other SMPs are pretty much set already too. =/ I called in and she said im very high on the waitlist, hopefully the waitlist moves around.

You suspect the waitlist is pretty much set?

Med school applicants pretty much know where they are going. Other SMPs are pretty much set already too. =/ I called in and she said im very high on the waitlist, hopefully the waitlist moves around.

Would you mind sharing your stats sschance? I'm not even on the waitlist yet - hopefully I'll get in on one go!

Would you mind sharing your stats sschance? I'm not even on the waitlist yet - hopefully I'll get in on one go!

When did you send in your application?

I know someone from this year's class who was complete really close to the deadline and was waitlisted until the last cut before Jeannie finalized the class.

GPA is a bit on the low side.

cGPA: 3.08
sGPA: 3.07
MCAT: 32Q

I graduated from a University of California school
Clinical experiences: ~ 3 years
Publication: 1 (not journal though)
Research experience: 4 years
And couple other ECs

When did you send in your application?

I know someone from this year's class who was complete really close to the deadline and was waitlisted until the last cut before Jeannie finalized the class.

Hey Toss - I was actually complete after the deadline, but with the approval of the director was able to submit a late application. My GPA is around a 3, and my MCAT is below their average as well but I've been involved in some international medical missions and have decent experiences to back up my choice to go into medicine.

Regardless, I hope somebody from this thread fills those opening seats! Rooting for the thread :)

Today was orientation, so there won't be any more wait list movement.

For future reference, there were only two people accepted after the list was "finalized".