University of Cincinnati c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current P1 here. I will be one of the few students doing the tours when interviews start. Also, I won't admit to my connection to this site, so don't ask!

I'm glad I decided to go to UC instead of UB or USN, I've been very happy here.

My pre-pharm stats if anyone is interested:

3.9 GPA
70 PCAT
4 years retail experience

If anyone wants to message me, I will be glad to discuss in detail UC's COP, or about the interview process or the possible interviewers.

Members don't see this ad.

Current P1 here. I will be one of the few students doing the tours when interviews start. Also, I won't admit to my connection to this site, so don't ask!

I'm glad I decided to go to UC instead of UB or USN, I've been very happy here.

My pre-pharm stats if anyone is interested:

3.9 GPA
70 PCAT
4 years retail experience

If anyone wants to message me, I will be glad to discuss in detail UC's COP, or about the interview process or the possible interviewers.

Can I ask why??

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview invite today! I am very relieved, especially since this is the only school I applied to. As soon as I get a date I will let you all know.

Thanks Vale!!!! I'm going to email in the morning, but I probably won't get a date finalized till Friday because tomorrow is OChem lecture and recitation.....late night, lol....

I got my interview invite today! I am very relieved, especially since this is the only school I applied to. As soon as I get a date I will let you all know.
don't tell them you only applied to 1 school. I said that at an interview once, and they took it as "not passionate enough about pharmacy"

congrats all....i think i'm going to email then soon though and let them know i'm not coming to the interview. The info you guys gave me was all really helpful, but if I want to work again in GA, doing my rotations here and not having to take another law exam will be a huge help.

don't tell them you only applied to 1 school. I said that at an interview once, and they took it as "not passionate enough about pharmacy"

Wow, thanks for the info.....I'm sitting here shaking my head at the moment. There are so many factors that go into deciding where to apply. Now if you had applied to medical school along with pharmacy school, they have a case.

I will have to think of a good answer if they ask that in the interview.

Wow, thanks for the info.....I'm sitting here shaking my head at the moment. There are so many factors that go into deciding where to apply. Now if you had applied to medical school along with pharmacy school, they have a case.

I will have to think of a good answer if they ask that in the interview.

One possible question to look for at the interview may be, "What is your plan if you do not get into pharmacy school?"

I am interviewing on February 6th. In class today I heard one of the girls saying she got an acceptance letter......it's coming fast and furiously!

I am interviewing on February 6th. In class today I heard one of the girls saying she got an acceptance letter......it's coming fast and furiously!

damn..i'm becoming more discouraged. i guess i'll just have to keep hoping..congrats on your interview! I know you've been waiting!

Do you know when she interviewed? Because the sooner I know if I get in here, the sooner I can figure out my schedule for next quarter (early registration starts in like 2 weeks)

Members don't see this ad :)
I look forward to seeing some of you during tours.

Yup....the December interviews....so I guess we'll be seeing January acceptance around a month from now, or less...

Thanks gmuskie for the confidence. I was really worried the gpa wouldnt make the cut at all, but there are a few extenuating circumstances and my grades since I took my academical sabbatical have been great.

My interview is on Jan 30th, is anyone else interviewing on that day?

Good luck on the interviews! Still hoping to receive mine soon!

My interview is on Jan 30th, is anyone else interviewing on that day?

I have an interview on that date as well in the morning. Maybe I will see you there. Good luck.

When did you guys apply? I didn't apply until close to the deadline and haven't heard anything yet.

When did you guys apply? I didn't apply until close to the deadline and haven't heard anything yet.

I submitted my application for UC Oct. 24 and it was sent out the following monday

Congrats gmuskie!

I e-submitted October 29th and turned in the supplemental the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I still haven't gone shopping for a new suit yet:smuggrin:. I need to hurry up before they put all the summer junk out.

Hey folks.
I know the wait can be gruelling, but I finally got an invitation today to UC. I am very excited about that. Good luck to everyone else, I know you have all worked hard!

I just came back from my interview. Very laid back. We took a short tour of the building lasting about 30 minutes and began the interviews immediately following. I was interviewed by two faculty members who really didn't ask me anything but rather we talked about how I ended up wanting to become a pharmacist, and talking about my inpatient pharmacy volunteer experience.

Was it closed or open file?

It's a closed file interview. The only thing they have are the two essays you wrote on your supplemental application. There were only two other people there to interview besides me, so there wasn't a wait before the interview started. Also, some girl had both her parents there at the interview....

It's a closed file interview. The only thing they have are the two essays you wrote on your supplemental application. There were only two other people there to interview besides me, so there wasn't a wait before the interview started. Also, some girl had both her parents there at the interview....

That's an interesting way of doing things...

I get stressed out enough. I can't imagine having parents there to add to that.

While I agree that it is both weird and unprofessional for someones parents to be there, maybe she asked them to come to help calm her nerves?

So was anything else mentioned besides the two supplemental essays by the interviewers?

Nope. They just asked me to explain how I went from being in the military to wanting to become a pharmacist. Pretty much everything else after that was them asking something about an event I had mentioned, such as deployments, etc and how I ended up at UC.

I figured on a whole that the interview would be pretty relaxed. One of my friends from the hospital is a P-3 there and she is doing some of the tours. I'm looking forward to my interview, just went out and bought a pant suit last night.

I still havent heard back from anyone. I am a little discouraged because PharmCas still havent updated my GPA from my academic update.

I still havent heard back from anyone. I am a little discouraged because PharmCas still havent updated my GPA from my academic update.

Same here. I think the schools are waiting for my academic update before making their decisions. I know PharmCAS is swarmed with transcripts right now and it may take around 10 days for them to calculate our GPA since the last transcript is received. In my case, I know it's not PharmCAS's fault, but it's just that 2 of my schools are not that efficient (i.e. calculating my GPA, posting final grades) compared to the other school. I know a majority of the schools have the grades out before Christmas break.

Here's the process explained to me by one of my interviewers:

1. They are interviewing now, and the ADCOM will meet on Tuesday(tomorrow) to select a few "early decision" individuals to be accepted now.

2. The same will occur after this coming weekend with those interviews.

3. After those interviews, the first main group of admissions will be decided, another 30 placed on a ranked waitlist and others will be denied.

Here's the process explained to me by one of my interviewers:

1. They are interviewing now, and the ADCOM will meet on Tuesday(tomorrow) to select a few "early decision" individuals to be accepted now.

2. The same will occur after this coming weekend with those interviews.

3. After those interviews, the first main group of admissions will be decided, another 30 placed on a ranked waitlist and others will be denied.

Ok, so if i'm understanding this right ValeUC...since I go Feb. 7th...I'll be in a 2nd group? And probably won't hear for awhile?

gmuskie, I wouldn't read too much into it. I was offered a spot to interview this past weekend or the next in my email, but by the time I returned the phone call (not even 2 hours later), those spots were filled. I think this is the process they go through every week after interviews are completed. Its a continual review process after each group since they have more candidates to compare to the ones they have already interviewed. Last year it took 180 offers to yield 96 students

gmuskie, I wouldn't read too much into it. I was offered a spot to interview this past weekend or the next in my email, but by the time I returned the phone call (not even 2 hours later), those spots were filled. I think this is the process they go through every week after interviews are completed. Its a continual review process after each group since they have more candidates to compare to the ones they have already interviewed. Last year it took 180 offers to yield 96 students

That sounds about right. If you aren't in the "early decision" group, no you won't be hearing from them for a while.

That sounds about right. If you aren't in the "early decision" group, no you won't be hearing from them for a while.

hey Vale what exactly are you refering to as the "early decision" group

The select few that the school will choose to accept immediately following their interview.

o ok thats what i thought you were meaning just had to make sure...I hope we all get in that would be pretty cool..

o ok thats what i thought you were meaning just had to make sure...I hope we all get in that would be pretty cool..

Yeah. I'd hate to have to wait until March/April to get a reply. :thumbdown:

Also, maybe I should clarify for some people when I say immediately following their interview. I don't mean you get accepted on the spot or get a call that night. I mean within the next following week or two.

Last edited: