University of California San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm planning on calling a week before my deadline just to make sure. My check got cashed already, so hopefully the residence thing got processed too.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, does anyone know if the school will send out confirmation when they get all our necessary forms?

I sent out mine 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. By the way, isn't that there are only two forms we need to do now: 1. $100 deposit, 2. the residency form

I believe we have to submit a copy of our parent's tax return forms for financial aid, but I haven't followed up on where to send it. I'll check it out soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe we have to submit a copy of our parent's tax return forms for financial aid, but I haven't followed up on where to send it. I'll check it out soon

I submitted my parent's tax return copies to College Board IDOC. I read somewhere saying that college board will give them to the school that we attend. But you can always contact the school to verify this...;)

GreenLucky: There were actually 4 things that I did: $100 deposit, legal residency, background check through certiphi, and official transcripts. It has been more than a week since I submitted my background check through certiphi, but I still haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard back yet?

I submitted my parent's tax return copies to College Board IDOC. I read somewhere saying that college board will give them to the school that we attend. But you can always contact the school to verify this...;)

GreenLucky: There were actually 4 things that I did: $100 deposit, legal residency, background check through certiphi, and official transcripts. It has been more than a week since I submitted my background check through certiphi, but I still haven't heard anything. Has anyone heard back yet?

So did you get an email instructing you to do the background check or you just go to the website and do it yourself? I did a background check through certiphi a while ago for UCSD. But at that time, they sent me an email asking to do so. I didn't get any email this time. Actually do I need to do it again? I remember someone on the forum said we only need to do once, and our result will be sent to all the schools that we got in automatically. Thanks for help out!

So did you get an email instructing you to do the background check or you just go to the website and do it yourself? I did a background check through certiphi a while ago for UCSD. But at that time, they sent me an email asking to do so. I didn't get any email this time. Actually do I need to do it again? I remember someone on the forum said we only need to do once, and our result will be sent to all the schools that we got in automatically. Thanks for help out!

I did my background check with certiphi for UOP, and I also did not get any email regarding the background check from UCSF...

I am pretty sure that certiphi is connected to pharmcas, so we should not worry about it. :)

Has anyone gotten financial aid information yet? The welcome packet said that they should be sent around the end of April, but I haven't gotten anything. Just wondering.

There was an e-mail dated 5/10 sitting in my ucsf inbox(which I just checked today after receiving the letter w/my username and password) saying my financial aid package is ready. I logged into the MyAccess thing and all the info was there.

If you haven't gotten your e-mail info yet, you can try logging onto MyAccess: http://netpartner.ucsf.edu

Since theres no 2016 thread that I've seen so far I was wondering if I should even bother applying here considering I will be completing only pre-pharm upon matriculation. I currently hold a 3.7 gpa.

Hi everyone!!

I am planning to apply this cycle and my school of choice is UCSF. I am really nervous and would like some input. Can some of your post your stats so I can see where I stand as far as competitiveness? I also have some questions and any input would be greatly appreciated.

I graduated from a small Dominican University of California, its a really small private university. Is this frown upon?

I have done a lot of volunteer work, but not for pharmacies. Would this hurt my app? Should I apply for pharmacy volunteer work now even though I will not be able to put it on my app, maybe I can mention it during an interview if offered?

Here are my stats, where do I stand?

Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.8

4 years of cancer research, presented research at NCUR
Studied abroard for 1 semester in sweden

Volunteer/ work experience:
Children's hospice home
underpriviledged highschool/middle school
women health center
clerical work at doctors' offices

I am a horrible writer, so can someone please help with my personal statement? thanks in advance!!

I am current admit as the class of 2015. I am male and I am looking for a roommate to live in a fully furnished shared apartment in the upcoming academic year. The place is located in 29th and judah which is about 15 minutes of bus ride on N to the school. If anyone is interest, please send me a private message and I will get back to you with the details and pictures..

i am a pharmacy student and on my last semester.
i am planning to continue my pharmacy course(as part of the requirement in california) and i am planning to continue it in UCSF. will it be like i am entering as freshman and will not credit some of my subjects?