University of Arizona Pharmacy c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! What days were you offered? The actual interview was one on one
I was only given one day, is that odd? I hope I'm not being interviewed as back up since it seems like everyone in the thread has already interviewed /: I did submit my application on the day of the deadline if that matters

Members don't see this ad.

@KC57916 We all need to stay positive. UA COP is a very positive environment. Please do not bring any negativity into the application process.
@IDK_Google_IT you seem to have a lot of enthusiasm, I hope you achieve your dream! Shoot for the stars!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everybody!!
Anyone who interviewed on Jan 20 or 27, are you still waiting for decisions? I just want to make sure that I'm not the only one

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everybody!!
Anyone who interviewed on Jan 20 or 27, are you still waiting for decisions? I just want to make sure that I'm not the only one
Yes I am! I interviewed on the 20th

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta stay positive and not lose hope at this point in the process. I know I haven't lost hope yet. Do you happen know if orientation and syllabus week are mandatory? The check I wrote at the book store unfortunately bounced. I am now being audited for claiming my mom and dad as dependents for 2016. So paying for orientation with my tax refund will not be an option.

Mod note: Edited out solicitation for money
Orientation week is mandatory. I understand your economic situation, deciding to go to graduate school is economically challenging, you can do that go fund me thing if you desire, the only thing is that I'm sure most of us are in the same boat. Paying for college, PCAT, application fees, plus our everyday expenses. Is not easy I know it! But I wish you the best and you can always do that and share it with your family and Facebook friends!

@IDK_Google_IT
Stay positive the University of Arizona welcomes EVERYONE regardless of age, sex, and diverse backgrounds!

It's true! They will literally accept anyone! 16 on the PCAT? You're in! As long as you pay they will take you. The administration cares about one thing... $$$. But don't let the downward ranking trend (which doesn't matter anyways) or the decreasing NAPLEX or MPJE passing rates away your decision.

@KC57916 We all need to stay positive. UA COP is a very positive environment.

You do know that this is the college where the dean of pharmacy was cited for a DUI and then indicted for sexual assault, right? Not very positive. Or what about the professors that insult groups of students?

@ Corpseman
Hey that's a cute name were you in the Coast Guard, because you sound kinda salty. I'm sorry your feeling were hurt but to the instructors defense they do not begin insulting student's until after the reading literacy exam. By the way how do you away a decision?
# THAT GUY: When your life is one long sour rough draft. Edit, please and thank you.

Stupid auto correct, sway your decision..... sway. Different branch, but still very salty.

@ Corpseman
Why are you so upset?

After the entire class being lied to by the associate dean, terrrible instructors, a certain instructor making non-stop inappropriate passes towards females during class making us all pretty uncomfortable, a professor that decides to insult all retail pharmacists, and paying over $100,000 for it when you realize you could have received a much better education somewhere else... you'd be upset too.

#triggered by the other two posters trying to call out someone for stating the truth about the campus.

Stupid auto correct, sway your decision..... sway. Different branch, but still very salty.

After the entire class being lied to by the associate dean, terrrible instructors, a certain instructor making non-stop inappropriate passes towards females during class making us all pretty uncomfortable, a professor that decides to insult all retail pharmacists, and paying over $100,000 for it when you realize you could have received a much better education somewhere else... you'd be upset too.

#triggered by the other two posters trying to call out someone for stating the truth about the campus.
Corpseman is correct. People, why do you think they're taking 140 of you when the BLS shows a slowdown in job growth? They want your $$ plain and simple. What was once an honorable program is no longer so. The new dean came in and basically doubled the next class size right off the bat. They don't care about the profession, they care about your money which you will give to them. Stop worrying about if you'll get in or not because heres a little secret: YOU ALL GET IN.

I didn't get the campus I wanted :/ ......Here are my stats 93% in both Chem and Biology, published research assistant, graduated in 3 years with a 3.9 GPA and 3 years experience in a Pharmacy.

I didn't get the campus I wanted :/ ......Here are my stats 93% in both Chem and Biology, published research assistant, graduated in 3 years with a 3.9 GPA and 3 years experience in a Pharmacy.
What campus did you get?

I got the Tucson campus but was hoping for the Phoenix because I have a Intern job offer waiting for me :/

Members don't see this ad :)

I wanted the phoenix campus as well!

I wanted the phoenix campus as well for location, but Im happy regardless because the tucson campus is taught in person whereas if you're in phoenix you'll be watching the professors teach from a screen through a live conference. Are you guys out of state students? I believe Arizona residents have an advantage for seats first.

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted. I know it can be confusing with the many facebook groups. Take a deep breath and realize although this can be overwhelming, everyone here is very friendly and willing to help you navigate questions. We are one school with Phoenix and Tucson cohorts and we do keep our Class of 2020 facebook page open to BOTH cohorts. I highly encourage you to do this for the Class of 2021 because you will find that sharing knowledge and resources, and disseminating professor responses in a timely way, will be beneficial to you. For the Phoenix class members we do have a PBC Pharmacy FB page for any class year that is only used so that students here can filter through events and questions related to attending class in Phoenix. You may message me for a link.

What is the dress code for students at the Phoenix campus?

What is the dress code for students at the Phoenix campus?

Hello! Well during orientation you will need to dress professionally for the week. This does not include polos. Ladies, think comphy shoes!

If you're referring to the upcoming luncheon this April I strongly suggest you wear at least business casual unless your email from Natalie states otherwise.

After that it depends on the day. So some days you will be required to wear your COP Polo for class, some days you will have to dress professional (Like for Patient Assessment class), and other days people are in their exercise clothes. So it really depends.

(I recommend buying a minimum of 2 if you plan on being involved in extra curriculars)

Someone got in with a 26 on their PCAT? Jesus christ lmfao

I don't even go to Arizona, it's just sad how low the standards are at some schools

OP is bragging about getting in and getting interviewss with a "low GPA" to all top pharmacy schools. this is honestly getting beyond scary. a 23? seriously, a 23 and getting accepted to pharmacy school? no offense man, but no one with a PCAT of 23 deserves to be in any kind of pharmacy school...what in the flying fu...

Not sure if trolling or being serious

you can literally get that score via guessing. I really hope this is a troll, but I don't know..

Has anyone received any information on FASA from U of A? Would like some information soon.....they seem rather slow in this department :/

Anyone that is going to the Phoenix campus have anything to say about their commuting time? I'm worried about whether or not I should get a place close to campus or if half an hour away is good enough. (Phoenix campus)

I will be attending the Phoenix campus also. You should be OK on driving time but will probable start out early to be there on time. You can start out commuting and see how it goes then plan accordingly..... that's what I plan on doing.

For Tucson, would you rather stay at a modern studio 5 minutes from school but in a possibly sketch neighborhood, or a nice 1 bedroom 20 minutes from school (more time during traffic) for the same price? So torn between more space + safer neighborhood vs can wake up right before class and make it on time

For Tucson, would you rather stay at a modern studio 5 minutes from school but in a possibly sketch neighborhood, or a nice 1 bedroom 20 minutes from school (more time during traffic) for the same price? So torn between more space + safer neighborhood vs can wake up right before class and make it on time
Around campus is not really sketch. From my experience living here, I'd choose the 5 minutes studio.

Around campus is not really sketch. From my experience living here, I'd choose the 5 minutes studio.
Thank you for the input! I'm favoring the studio also. Any specific areas in tucson you'd recommend to avoid?

Thank you for the input! I'm favoring the studio also. Any specific areas in tucson you'd recommend to avoid?
The more south you go. Stay around campus, downtown, and the north side. The farther you go north, the more "richer" the city will get and the farther you go south, the more "poorer" it'll get in reference to campus. As always, just be cautious and be safe. Thefts, break-ins, sexual harassment, etc stuff do happen. If you are riding a bike, make sure you lock it properly. If you have a car, absolutely make sure you don't leave anything in it that would make it susceptible to being broken in. Other than that, you'll absolutely love it here! Feel free to let me know if you have more questions about Tucson haha.

Last edited:
The more south you go. Stay around campus, downtown, and the north side. The farther you go north, the more "richer" the city will get and the farther you go south, the more "poorer" it'll get in reference to campus. As always, just be cautious and be safe. Thefts, break-ins, sexual harassment, etc stuff do happen. If you are riding a bike, make sure you lock it properly. If you have a car, absolutely make sure you don't leave anything in it that would make it susceptible to being broken in. Other than that, you'll absolutely love it here! Feel free to let me know if you have more questions about Tucson haha.

Thank you for the input! I’ll keep all that in mind. What part of tucson is considered downtown anyway? Going to head out to tucson soon to look at apartments. Do you think casa adobes area is too far from campus? I don’t see much traffic looking at 8am time when we start classes.

The FB page is really recommending the Drachman apartments. Affordable luxury living, might want to check those out too...

Is Drachman apartments student housing? Trying to avoid areas that are going to have a lot of parties, love to go out but I want my place to be comfortable to study also lol

Is anyone going to be living in La Aldea on campus apartments? I'm looking for a female roommate!

It's no longer just diploma mills opening up all over and accepting subpar students. If even a reputable, state flagship school accepts students with a PCAT of 23 then you know the profession is doomed.

It's no longer just diploma mills opening up all over and accepting subpar students. If even a reputable, state flagship school accepts students with a PCAT of 23 then you know the profession is doomed.
I'm pretty sure it's a troll dude

I'm pretty sure it's a troll dude
Even if it isn't, with a 23 he has no chance at passing his classes bc that score is so pathetic

Those of you who got accepted. Do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks.