University of Arizona Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pull-Out-KING

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am starting a new thread for the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy class of 2020.
Application Cycle 2015. Has anyone complete the application as of yet? Lets get the ball rolling!

Members don't see this ad.

My part of the application is complete and now I am just waiting for my references to send their letters!

I am in the middle of completing my application, I just have to gather enough strength to start and finish the pre-req section, its like the pharmcas all over again :arghh:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any word on how many applications were officially submitted?

I know according to the email that 123 of us still don't have all of our references in. I would guess similar to last year appx 200, but I haven't heard.

I got the email as well, it just was a reminder that our references need to be in by the 15th and gave the number of applicants that didn't have all their references in.

Okay all transcripts/references IN! BUT question: should I get transcripts from prior semesters for the school I am currently attending? The impression I am getting from the website is they don't want ANY of the transcripts from my current school until after finals this semester.

Thats a very good question I would ask either Marty B or Anna H for that information and them only. Everyone on here is in the same boat and only speculating. That sounds like a time sensitive critical question. Post on here what you heard directly form them.

Thats a very good question I would ask either Marty B or Anna H for that information and them only. Everyone on here is in the same boat and only speculating. That sounds like a time sensitive critical question. Post on here what you heard directly form them.

Yes, but No....I am not bugging Marty. Did you get that mass email she sent out last week about stop bugging her for transcripts and to see if your fee was received? (I'm thinking maybe you didn't because you didn't seem to know about the email regarding the 123 students without their recommendations in). Sorry :) I am just going to play that one safe and bring it in before finals grades are in and then after. If you want to bug her be my guest, and post back what you find ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I put that I would do either one but preferred Phoenix. What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
@FaithTrustPixieDust No, I'm from Utah. Honestly I would be happy either way. Phoenix just sounds like a cool place to live and my wife has family that lives there.

Anyone know when we should expect to hear back about interviews?

Hmm ok. My status just says passed initial review. Have you received an invite to interview then?
Yes, there were 3 days to choose from. As long as your status is not denial, invites should be expected sooner or later.

Yes, there were 3 days to choose from. As long as your status is not denial, invites should be expected sooner or later.
Ok, Sounds good. Congrats on getting an interview though! Thats great!

There hasn't been too much activity on this thread, but I have been lurking o_O ha. Since things are going to get real, real soon. I have decided to create an account and join! I also received an invitation this afternoon.

HI! Grats to all who had interviews. A few questions, are all of you who received invites in state, UA students or both? Also where in the alphabet does your name fall if you don't mind me asking :)

Thanks!

I am an Arizona resident. I did not attend U of A. And my last name or first? And what I've read from previous years is that they extend invitations to Arizona residents prior to out of state candidates.

I am an Arizona resident. I did not attend U of A. And my last name or first? And what I've read from previous years is that they extend invitations to Arizona residents prior to out of state candidates.
Last. I think based on last year's thread it was reverse alphabetical by last.

Last. I think based on last year's thread it was reverse alphabetical by last.
My last name begins with a "G" and I received my notification via email at 3:51pm. So maybe not reversed this year?

Last edited:
My last name begins with a "G" and I received my notification via email at 3:51pm. So maybe not reversed this year?
My last name starts with "W" and I got mine on Jan 2nd. I have an impression that the sooner the file is completed, the sooner the invitation is issued. I got my last required item (Fall transcript) posted on Dec 22. Any thoughts?

@GOAL7 my last name falls within W and G so I do not think the are running in alphabetical order, I had my application in somewhere in the middle so I can not speculate if it is a factor or not. Congrats on your invite, that is positive and exciting. I know people were stating that they were notified via email is it also updated on the application page? Did your status ever say anything besides passed initial review prior to your invite? Again congratulations great job!

@GOAL7 my last name falls within W and G so I do not think the are running in alphabetical order, I had my application in somewhere in the middle so I can not speculate if it is a factor or not. Congrats on your invite, that is positive and exciting. I know people were stating that they were notified via email is it also updated on the application page? Did your status ever say anything besides passed initial review prior to your invite? Again congratulations great job!
Yeah it may not be alphabetically. My last transcript was received yesterday and I received my invite yesterday so I have no idea how they're doing it, but yes my status was always "passed initial review" then I received an email notifying me of my status change. When I logged in my status was changed I think to interview invitation it was only there for a second because I accepted a date and no it just has my interview info posted so yes the status does change and options for interview dates are listed. And I applied a day before the deadline (November 30th) and my LOR's were received I think on the 10th? Along with my payment and first half of my transcripts. Hope that helps. Thank you.

Does anyone know about how many interviews are going to be conducted? I just emailed Marty, but I probably should of asked on here before I bugged her... again ha.

Does anyone know about how many interviews are going to be conducted? I just emailed Marty, but I probably should of asked on here before I bugged her... again ha.

No idea exactly but previous years it looks like about 150-160 interviewed.

This is just a guess based on my interview offer, the date with the most spots still available had 27 open seats, so maybe they are doing 30 or so a day? Marty told me there were only 6 days of interviews so I'm guessing it's somewhere around 180. Let us know what you hear back from her though!

This is just a guess based on my interview offer, the date with the most spots still available had 27 open seats, so maybe they are doing 30 or so a day? Marty told me there were only 6 days of interviews so I'm guessing it's somewhere around 180. Let us know what you hear back from her though!

Which dates were are available when you were invited?

I definely will! She hasn't got back to me yet, but I will let you know. When I last spoke to her she said there was 195 submitted applications and estimated about 160-170 interviews. I was offered I think January 15th, 22nd and 23rd. How about you? I chose the 23rd.

I definely will! She hasn't got back to me yet, but I will let you know. When I last spoke to her she said there was 195 submitted applications and estimated about 160-170 interviews. I was offered I think January 15th, 22nd and 23rd. How about you? I chose the 23rd.

I was offered those same days, but I already accepted interviews out of state and will be traveling for them on those days. She sent me the other three dates so I will be interviewing on February 5th now.

I was offered those same days, but I already accepted interviews out of state and will be traveling for them on those days. She sent me the other three dates so I will be interviewing on February 5th now.
Cool! What other schools did you apply to?

Any out of state applicants received an interview invite?

Midwestern (already interviewed there), University of Michigan, and University of Minnesota
I want to apply to more schools just in case, but I haven't figured out exactly where. U of A is my top choice so I'm trying to have all my out of state interviews in March or after. But I also had an interview at Midwestern.

I want to apply to more schools just in case, but I haven't figured out exactly where. U of A is my top choice so I'm trying to have all my out of state interviews in March or after. But I also had an interview at Midwestern.

That's awesome, good luck with all of your interviews!

RIP University of Arizona Pharmacy C/O 2020 thread (10/18/15 - 01/15/16)
haha jk
Trying to keep this alive. Does anyone have an interview today?! If so ... good luck!

oh gosh I have been waiting to see if I got an interview too! So nervewracking. I'm out of state as well.

Reactions: 1 users
oh gosh I have been waiting to see if I got an interview too! So nervewracking. I'm out of state as well.
From my understanding, out of state applicants interview last but that doesn't hurt your chances because everyone finds out at the end of February. During previous years it's obvious in state applicants are favored per u of a website but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just practice interview questions and learn the background of the school and how it's pharmacy program differs (express your future goals) than others because that's usually one of the most common questions (well why do you want to go to this school is usually the question they ask and background helps such as NIH funding) I made the mistake refreshing what I've learned while pursing my undergrad degree, but they didn't seem to care even though I was spitting fire ha (nothing but computational, medicinal and quantum chemsitry) and trying to relate to each interviewee, I thought I did wel,but I guess not... Maybe my appearance. I didn't get to study interview questions. It seems GPA and pcat scores don't influence acceptance so much anymore. I have a 91 composite on the PCAT and a 99 in chemistry on the PCAT a bachelor's degree in biochemistry a 3.35 science GPA and 3.47 culmative gpa, over 5 years tech experience and more and I didn't get into Midwestern. At u of a my cGPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.62 and overall 3.71 GPA. I have take graduate courses Medicinal chemistry and advanced organic chemistry and some tough under division courses probably 10 more science classes then I needed.

From my understanding, out of state applicants interview last but that doesn't hurt your chances because everyone finds out at the end of February. During previous years it's obvious in state applicants are favored per u of a website but I'm sure you'll be fine. Just practice interview questions and learn the background of the school and how it's pharmacy program differs (express your future goals) than others because that's usually one of the most common questions (well why do you want to go to this school is usually the question they ask and background helps such as NIH funding) I made the mistake refreshing what I've learned while pursing my undergrad degree, but they didn't seem to care even though I was spitting fire ha (nothing but computational, medicinal and quantum chemsitry) and trying to relate to each interviewee, I thought I did wel,but I guess not... Maybe my appearance. I didn't get to study interview questions. It seems GPA and pcat scores don't influence acceptance so much anymore. I have a 91 composite on the PCAT and a 99 in chemistry on the PCAT a bachelor's degree in biochemistry a 3.35 science GPA and 3.47 culmative gpa, over 5 years tech experience and more and I didn't get into Midwestern. At u of a my cGPA is 3.81 and sGPA is 3.62 and overall 3.71 GPA. I have take graduate courses Medicinal chemistry and advanced organic chemistry and some tough under division courses probably 10 more science classes then I needed.
thank you for all the advice!! wow..well it makes me feel better knowing that out of state students apply last so i know i need to wait awhile..but i'm sorry you didn't get in here! things happen for a reason..are you in a pharm school now or reapplying?

thank you for all the advice!! wow..well it makes me feel better knowing that out of state students apply last so i know i need to wait awhile..but i'm sorry you didn't get in here! things happen for a reason..are you in a pharm school now or reapplying?
Thanks. And yeah I believe it happened for a reason hopefully because I'm suppose to go to U of A ha but yeah out of state interviews are in February I believe. I'm not in pharmacy school now nor am I reapplying this is my first time applying. Midwestern was my first and only interview so far, u of a will be my second and after that I'm trying to keep all my out of state interviews in March since we find out at the end of Feb from u of a. I wouldn't want to waste money traveling unless I have too. U of A is my top choice.

Thanks. And yeah I believe it happened for a reason hopefully because I'm suppose to go to U of A ha but yeah out of state interviews are in February I believe. I'm not in pharmacy school now nor am I reapplying this is my first time applying. Midwestern was my first and only interview so far, u of a will be my second and after that I'm trying to keep all my out of state interviews in March since we find out at the end of Feb from u of a. I wouldn't want to waste money traveling unless I have too. U of A is my top choice.
Ohhh I see, that was with Midwestern! Hopefully it's not based off your appearance. I have my ears stretched (only to 00), a septum and tongue rings but of course those are more hidden haha But keep your head up!! You said as well you didn't practice general interview questions so hopefully you are now for your U of A interview!! good luck! don't let one rejection get you down. Like i said, things happen for a reason and if U of A is your top choice, then Midwestern wouldn't have mattered! Good luck with your process!!