University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This afternoon at 12:20PM.
Also do you mind telling us what dates they’re offering for MMI’s now? Just trying to get an idea about how many more they have. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing here and they reviewed me in October... getting very worried

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also do you mind telling us what dates they’re offering for MMI’s now? Just trying to get an idea about how many more they have. Thanks!
My MMI interview is scheduled on February 12th. There weren't many options; though I believe my MMI interview was the earliest date they had.

Reactions: 1 user
I my app was sent for review in late September. I haven’t heard anything since

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else incredibly nervous right now?? Still trying to keep my hopes up for an interview but feeling discouraged at this point. Submitted application on 9/26, notified that I’m in review on 11/17... Ahhhh

Feeling super nervous over here!

Reactions: 4 users
So are interview invites still being sent out every Monday or is it just random?

do we need to send updated transcripts to U of A and if so, what email do we send them to?

has anyone heard anything lately? got a file u see review email 11/11 and nothing since then

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I have written them off as a rejection as it has been 3 months since I was put under review. If I hear otherwise it’ll be a pleasant surprise lol.

Reactions: 4 users
At this point I have written them off as a rejection as it has been 3 months since I was put under review. If I hear otherwise it’ll be a pleasant surprise lol.
Yeah, it’s hard not to feel that way at this point. I’ve already started planning for next cycle.

Yeah, it’s hard not to feel that way at this point. I’ve already started planning for next cycle.
I’m curious how many interview invites they even have left to send out. It took over 2 months for me to even find out I was under review in December so I’m not feeling great about them either. I know they received a ton of applicants this year but there needs to be a better system...

Reactions: 2 users
I’m curious how many interview invites they even have left to send out. It took over 2 months for me to even find out I was under review in December so I’m not feeling great about them either. I know they received a ton of applicants this year but there needs to be a better system...
I think the supplemental video apps were a great idea in theory. But I can’t imagine what it must have been like to go through 1500 of them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still reviewing them and just falling behind the timeframe they had originally predicted.

I think the supplemental video apps were a great idea in theory. But I can’t imagine what it must have been like to go through 1500 of them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still reviewing them and just falling behind the timeframe they had originally predicted.
But that could be me just trying to remain hopeful for an interview invite :)

Just got an OOS interview invite!! Such great news among all the rejection! I got my file under review email 11/11

It looked like they have interviews every friday. I’m interviewing 2/19 which was the next available open date
Were there any available dates after that or is that the last interview date available?

I believe there were dates through the end of february available.
I’m curious if they’ll have to extend interviews since it seems they are a touch behind? I wasn’t under review until early December and it seems like they’re just now into those who were approved in November...

I think that they add interview dates as more invites roll out. When I got my invite a few weeks ago, the only options were 2/5 or 2/12, so it looks to me like they just limit each batch to a few dates

My application was confirmed on 12/23 and I just received a rejection email today. So I would say a long wait is good news for those of you waiting! (I’m OOS 1st time applicant for those who are curious!)

My application was confirmed on 12/23 and I just received a rejection email today. So I would say a long wait is good news for those of you waiting! (I’m OOS 1st time applicant for those who are curious!)
I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get some acceptances elsewhere!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have already interviewed back in November would you mind explaining how the MMI ran for you being that it’s online. In the last MMI I participated in you had two minutes to read the question, then went into the room to talk for 6 minutes. So how does it work if you’re online...does the screen go dark and then you get your privacy to compose yourself for the next question as you would in a traditional MMI? Or do you just keep talking to the same interviewer? I guess the traditional MMI scenario isn’t making sense to me since it will be via zoom.

For those who have already interviewed back in November would you mind explaining how the MMI ran for you being that it’s online. In the last MMI I participated in you had two minutes to read the question, then went into the room to talk for 6 minutes. So how does it work if you’re online...does the screen go dark and then you get your privacy to compose yourself for the next question as you would in a traditional MMI? Or do you just keep talking to the same interviewer? I guess the traditional MMI scenario isn’t making sense to me since it will be via zoom.

You get like 60 seconds to formulate your question (on the screen) and then the screen changes and you have 7 minutes to answer, if you finish the interviewer may ask additional questions about your answer. It’s all with the same person too!

You get like 60 seconds to formulate your question (on the screen) and then the screen changes and you have 7 minutes to answer, if you finish the interviewer may ask additional questions about your answer. It’s all with the same person too!

How long are the interviews? Approximately how many questions do they ask?

How long are the interviews? Approximately how many questions do they ask?
The interview lasted ~30 minutes and they asked 3 questions! You get put into a breakout room with one evaluator, and you answer all three questions with the same evaluator.

The interview lasted ~30 minutes and they asked 3 questions! You get put into a breakout room with one evaluator, and you answer all three questions with the same evaluator.
Omg three questions?! That’s spooky, I better not mess up ! So in real life if you answered early and there were no more follow questions you just sat there in awkward silence. Does that’s till happen or to they just turn the screen off. And PS thank you so very much for answering my questions!

Omg three questions?! That’s spooky, I better not mess up ! So in real life if you answered early and there were no more follow questions you just sat there in awkward silence. Does that’s till happen or to they just turn the screen off. And PS thank you so very much for answering my questions!
No problem!! You can always message me if you have any more questions ☺️ And essentially, yes, but that didn’t happen to me. The evaluator made me feel very comfortable and you’re able to see how much time left you have. I purposely wrapped up my answer with 2-3 minutes left so I could thoroughly answer all follow up questions. I felt like I had to talk pretty fast to actually get my thoughts out! It goes by faster than you think!

No problem!! You can always message me if you have any more questions ☺️ And essentially, yes, but that didn’t happen to me. The evaluator made me feel very comfortable and you’re able to see how much time left you have. I purposely wrapped up my answer with 2-3 minutes left so I could thoroughly answer all follow up questions. I felt like I had to talk pretty fast to actually get my thoughts out! It goes by faster than you think!
Oh thank goodness. I’ve been practicing MMI question that’s I’ve made up and that I’ve found online and I always finish in 3-4 minutes but of course I don’t have my own follow up questions 😂!

I finished early one time and my interviewer had finished asking follow up questions and we still had time so I just asked questions about them and what they enjoyed about the school!

I finished early one time and my interviewer had finished asking follow up questions and we still had time so I just asked questions about them and what they enjoyed about the school!
This seems so different than last year. We weren’t allowed to converse with the interviewer outside the questions being asked because it might create bias or some such nonsense. So if you finished early you just had to sit there and smile😂

Had my SA on 10/21. My flagged emails got deleted on accident so I cannot recall if I got an email saying my application was under review. Still have not heard anything yet though. I did email the admissions office asking for any updates on my application. Waiting to hear back from them.

Had my SA on 10/21. My flagged emails got deleted on accident so I cannot recall if I got an email saying my application was under review. Still have not heard anything yet though. I did email the admissions office asking for any updates on my application. Waiting to hear back from them.
I'm in the same boat and have wrestled back and forth with the idea of emailing them. I mean I guess at this point it can't hurt because my SA was mid September and I still haven't heard anything since the email saying my application was under review. Keep us updated. I will probably email them today as well.

I'm in the same boat and have wrestled back and forth with the idea of emailing them. I mean I guess at this point it can't hurt because my SA was mid September and I still haven't heard anything since the email saying my application was under review. Keep us updated. I will probably email them today as well.
admissions responded to me this morning and said my file is still under review. they also said they are sending out denials and MMI invites every week and that I will have a final decision regarding interviewing by the beginning of February. Hope this helps! keep me posted if you hear anything as well!

admissions responded to me this morning and said my file is still under review. they also said they are sending out denials and MMI invites every week and that I will have a final decision regarding interviewing by the beginning of February. Hope this helps! keep me posted if you hear anything as well!
Thank you for letting me know what they said! Fingers crossed!

Ugh random but I just have so much anxiety in limbo right now! My application was in review on 11/17 and I’m desperately hoping I still have a shot at getting an interview... but I’m so nervous! Vet school is the world to me and I think interviewing would really be a push in the right direction but I’m trying not to get my hopes up in case I’m disappointed. Does anyone have anything they’re doing that’s helping their stress or anxiety? Please and thank you! Hope everyone’s doing okay.

Ugh random but I just have so much anxiety in limbo right now! My application was in review on 11/17 and I’m desperately hoping I still have a shot at getting an interview... but I’m so nervous! Vet school is the world to me and I think interviewing would really be a push in the right direction but I’m trying not to get my hopes up in case I’m disappointed. Does anyone have anything they’re doing that’s helping their stress or anxiety? Please and thank you! Hope everyone’s doing okay.
I am in the same boat. I know that there is a very good chance I may not make it in this round. This is obviously upsetting to think about, but what has helped with my anxiety has been to come up with a plan about what I will do if I don’t get in to make my application stronger. I know this may sound more stressful to some people but it helps me because I have formed a plan on how to improve my grades (what classes I’ll retake) and how to diversify my experience. While this certainly doesn’t take all the anxiety away, in some ways it makes me feel better because I know I am in control even if things don’t work out for me this time.

Reactions: 6 users
Just received a MMI invite!! Was put under review officially on 12/9!

Reactions: 6 users