University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I noticed that if you go to the main Comfort Inn website and not discounted sites like Expedia/Orbitz/etc, you get a better deal. In case you're wondering, there is only that Comfort Inn in the area that's acceptable, the other motels/hotels are run down and not recommended by the school. Use Internet user's rate or Triple A. Hope that helps. And I agree, the drive isn't too bad..but it is a pretty long boring drive. On the plus side, you won't encounter any traffic at all.

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview but I am not going... Good luck to everyone who is going!!!

The interview went great as far as I know, but my gpa is LOW. I am also out of state. Oh well!

3.0 with 98 PCAT makes you a strong candidate for appalachia, perhaps you're lacking on the other portions of your app? experience or ec's? maybe your LOR's aren't as great as they could be? cause 3.0 with 98 and an overall strong app will get you into 75% of pharm schools...

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont see how people can get that high on the PCAT...I mean I guess you studied for it and also studied in college for the pre-reqs...I should've tried that lol

Anyone interview on Feb. 16th??? If so have you gotten a letter back??? I know the admission's committee met last week (Mon Feb25th) and got through like half of the applicants and then met again yesterday (March the 3rd) to go through the rest of the applicants. Anyone get a letter yet????

no I haven't received anything, have you?

nope, I'm pretty sure they had to go through my application yesterday because they called me about one of my pre-requisites. Did you like it there????

i interviewed a while ago, but not sure if i'll def go there. It's so isolated. But I like it. Are you planning on going there? I hope we get in!! There's a lot of ppl waiting to hear back. Do know if they'll be sending out emails or mails and when? Did you contact them at all? Thanks

so I basically have called up there quite a few times to ask when the adcom was meeting (that's how i knew it was the 15th and the 3rd) and I was told they would send out letters early this week hopefully....but I remember at the interview they told us they had snail mail so who knows when we should hear.....hopefully soon though!!!!

I just got my letter today guys and I'm in!!!! Keep an eye on your mail box!:D

you guys should reject the acceptance so ppl on the hold list will get in lol

I just got my letter today guys and I'm in!!!! Keep an eye on your mail box!:D

Congratulations!!!! Where do you live?? I'm just wondering b/c I wanted to see how far they had to send it...Does it say what day it was postmarked?? The waiting is killing me:(

Yeah where do you guys live that received the letters? What kind of letter is it and postmark date? Omg, I can't wait... wait is killing me as well!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted to UACP for fall as well. I received my letter on Monday. The date on my letter is Feb. 29. However, I got it so quickly because I live about 2 hours from the school in Virginia. Good luck!

Does anyone who has been accepted care to share their stats???? You can PM them to me if you'd like....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hopefully I'll be seeing you there in the fall :)

I live in Utah and my letter came on tuesday.

Stats:

GPA-3.4
PCAT-75
2.5 years Pharmacy Tech

mandersen2 I think I talked to you....I was there with my mom and was from Kingsport,TN....you said that your parents lived very close by I think??? Congratulations!! You must be very excited!!!

I was accepted and here's my stats:

PCAT-72
GPA-3.3
Volunteer pharm tech since June 2007

However, I do live in Southwest Virginia from another rural area, so they seem to like the "country" part of me.

I've got my acceptance letter few days ago.
My GPA is 3.68
PCAT is 73
BS in Nutrition
6 months pharm tech in a long term care pharmacy setting

The school did not have my recommendation letter from the pharmacist when they send me the acceptance letter,so when you guys applied and did not send one, don't need to worry about that. But they DO want one though. I send my reference letter right after i got my acceptance letter.

But for University of Appalachia, we need to borrow loans with HIGH interest rate. Is anyone else who have applied to UACP is now deciding which school they are going to?

I got my acceptance letter on Saturday!!! I'm not sure if I'll be attending in the fall or not as I have also been accepted at the University of TN. Good luck to everyone else!

I just received an acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!:D
good luck everybody

got a letter today stating ive been moved from the hold list to the alternate list....whoever feels iffy on going to a school when having a choice should probably pick the other (pick tennessee, so I can get in lol)

people that got accepted, are you planning on attending there? HOw long do you have to file your deposits?

I too received an alternate letter... I really wanted to go there but I got into Wingate which was really my 1st choice anyway! so.... its whatever I told them to take my name off the alternate list yesterday. So hopefully that will give some of you guys a chance! I just cannot believe I got an alternate b/c I interviewed back in November... not that I care now but it still hurts the pride a little. :rolleyes:

ya I interviewed in november also lol...just got my alternate letter yesterday. I applied to wingate too but never heard anything. guess thats a no go. :(

the letter says you have 10 days from the day you receive the letter to send in your deposit. For those of you on the alternate list, don't lose hope. I was told they take around 1/3 off of their alternate list, which is a good portion. Good luck to you all!

I just got accepted into my #1 choice school today! So I will be giving up my seat at UACP. Good luck to those on the wait/alternate list!:D

i applied over 2 months ago and still have not heard a THING from appalachia. Luckily I got accepted into a school that I would much rather go to. Best of luck to you guys!!!

anyone interviewing on 4/5?

What was the experience like for those who interviewed there? Anyone know of the cheapest place to stay for interview?

They do interviews on a Saturday?

I GOT IN TODAY!!! Good luck everyone! :)

They do interviews on a Saturday?

Apparently so, which is nice since I have to stay an extra night due to flight schedules and won't miss an extra day of classes.

any new denial of acceptances?

I'm on the alternate list, I'm begging you! LOL LOL LOL j/k congrats everyone!

Do cell phones work in the area? How about internet?

i think verizon does, most don't unless u drive 20-30 min down the road til a little restaurant area. internet, ya but slow.

Hey guys, I have a question... can we or do we fill out FAFSA? How does that whole financial stuff work?! Thanks :)

I think you can only get private loans for UACP at the moment.

ya only private, they're not accreditted yet. Will be soon though!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a few question regarding loans. So for the students that already go to UACP and/or are planning on attending, how are you guys paying for it? And if you are getting a private loan, from whom do you recommand? Also, is there interest on it? What's the best way to do this since there's not grants/fed help?! Please PM me if you have any advice. Thank you very much!

also if you have federal loans from undergrad, does UACP fill out a form to defer your loans until after graduation or how does that work?! Please help me..the people who already go here! Thanks

Last edited:

Last edited:
also if you have federal loans from undergrad, does UACP fill out a form to defer your loans until after graduation or how does that work?! Please help me..the people who already go here! Thanks

I'm a P1 student at UACP and most students are loaning for Sally mae. If you have excellent credit, you can loan with 7.25% interest. You can go to the schools' website under the fees and tuition section go to the Sally mae website and apply for a new loan. if you don't have good credits, having a cosigner with excellent credit will help alot. The school is still working on Title IV federal financial aid, it is currently not available. Hope that helps:)

have any of the recent interviewees at UACP already been accepted to another institution? Just wondering how many acceptances are still going out and if they will deny invitations to the school since I'm on the alternate list.

Hey Class of 2011!! I was wondering if you guys knew or were starting to look for a place to move into for the fall term. Has anyone decided where they will be living their first year?? Where are you guys planning to get ur apts?!

Also, if anyone needs a room mate for their apartment, please let me know and I will give you details about myself. PM me.

Thanks!