Undergraudate Observership at Bascom Palmer Eye institute for IMG ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMoody

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing my internship year as a house officer at Alexandria Main University Hospital in Egypt (I am still considered as undergraduate) and I am looking for a student observership position at Bascom Palmer Eye institute.

Does the institute accept international medical undergraduate for observership ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing my internship year as a house officer at Alexandria Main University Hospital in Egypt (I am still considered as undergraduate) and I am looking for a student observership position at Bascom Palmer Eye institute.

Does the institute accept international medical undergraduate for observership ?

Thanks

They will consider you as a medical student. You should email them and ask them.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I agree with the above advice. Bascom is very open to international students rotating. While I was there, I saw lots of international medical students/residents/research fellows etc. all rotating through different attending clinics daily. There are usually lots of observers around. Many of them do 1 to 3 month externships. I'm sure they would allow you to do an externship. You should email or call them. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
so for them am I still considered as a student and I can apply for a student elective ??

so for them am I still considered as a student and I can apply for a student elective ??

Hmmm normally on a student elective you have to be doing your clinicals within United States or Canada. You may still be applying for an observer ship. Again, we likely don't have these answers and the best person to ask is the contact person on the website.